Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
NeoRetro
eBay: Daveretrostuff
Initials: DAV

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by NeoRetro »

Hi I'm Dave

Always loved gaming but began seriously collecting about 18 months ago. Collection growing every day but pride and joy is the 58 Neo Geo AES games.

Always looking to add to the collections and talk games.

Hello Everyone!
JuicyJ
Please Continue...
eBay: Mrshplooga

Post by JuicyJ »

hey Guys

Was told about this forum and how good the peeps are over here, just picked up a naomi universal and a namco exceleena that im restoring. im back and forth between consoles and arcades and very much regret selling my astro city a few years back. thanks
tomiii
Please Continue...

Post by tomiii »

Hi guys,

I am tomiii from Austria.
Play and collect retro games for some years now, but i am very new with Arcade Stuff.
Last Year i make my own Bartop with a Neo Geo MVS Board and Scanline generator.
But LCD is not the "real" ****, so i bough my first universal cab :)
vaughan14
Please Continue...

Post by vaughan14 »

Hey guys, been collecting arcade stuff over a year now, I have a sega astro city, sega naomi universal and namco exceleena.

I mainly collect neo geo but have lots of other hardware too.
Doom
Please Continue...
eBay: maccha.ice

Post by Doom »

Greetings to all,

New member here. My name is Nori. I'm a Japanese American located in the US. I don't really collect for the sake of collecting but I do play anything Neo Geo generally.

Looking forward to being part of the Arcade Otaku community.
JAG555
Please Continue...
eBay: Fishcoral

Post by JAG555 »

Hello,

My name is John and I live in the UK. I am a video game collector and I have just started to collect arcade machines. I currently have an Outrun original and a Sega Blast City. I am looking to add another candy at some point.

Many Thanks.

John
ShootTheCore
eBay: danielladner
Initials: dsl

Post by ShootTheCore »

Greetings. I'm a long-time console collector just barely making the jump over to arcade titles. I recently purchased my first cab- a Cadash conversion inside a Dynamo cabinet with a K7000 series monitor. Current plan is to swap the current controls out for Sanwa equipment, add enough buttons to have six per player, and then start looking into the cart-based boards like Neo Geo, IGS, Taito F3, etc. Thanks for having me!

Cabinet Pic
https://goo.gl/photos/cCTkf5qHUkHAeddG8
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Post by Sumez »

MVS and F3 are definitely a great way to start out, that's where I came from myself.

Cabinet looks really awesome too! I know most people here prefer the Japanese brands, but some of those really traditional woodys just have a special kind of atmosphere around them. The control panel looks like it will be difficult to fit six buttons into for each player, though. Maybe save the old one and create a new one entirely from a wood plate?
eproxy
Please Continue...
eBay: eproxy

Post by eproxy »

Michigan Arcade cab collector Hello everyone

In search of keys for Sega Ringwide and Ringedge MOBO if anyone has for sale feel free to pm
ShootTheCore

Post by ShootTheCore »

Sumez wrote:MVS and F3 are definitely a great way to start out, that's where I came from myself.

Cabinet looks really awesome too! I know most people here prefer the Japanese brands, but some of those really traditional woodys just have a special kind of atmosphere around them. The control panel looks like it will be difficult to fit six buttons into for each player, though. Maybe save the old one and create a new one entirely from a wood plate?
ShootTheCore

Post by ShootTheCore »

Sumez wrote:MVS and F3 are definitely a great way to start out, that's where I came from myself.

I've been thinking along the same lines - save the current panel and start fresh with a new panel that already has the buttons in the right places. I don't have much use for the two buttons to the left of the sticks on the current panel.

The current Dynamo control panel is metal and swings forward on a hinge when you release two latches from inside the cabinet. Where would I be able to order a new one like it? Googling isn't turning up anything.
EvilMike
Please Continue...

Post by EvilMike »

Hi! Been in the hobby for a while. Currently have a Neo 29 and Egret II. Currently having an issue with the Egret. It was recommended that I join this forum.
ddd
Please Continue...

Post by ddd »

Hi, new joiner here from London :)
Vendest
Please Continue...

Post by Vendest »

Hi everyone, Vendest here from Singapore.

I started collecting arcade PCB's early 2016 expect for Neo Geo which I have for quite long now.
Built ny own supergun and using SCART RGB direct to a TV.
PCB I have right now: Killer Instinct, CPS1 w/ SF Hyper Fighting, SVC Chaos (PCB version), MVS 4 slots, ST-V, Naomi 1
Doing mods for consoles, minor PCB or cartridges repair, somehow handy with a soldering iron.

Well that's about it, hope to share more with the community on a few topics whenever possible :)

Thanks!
RastBrade
Please Continue...

Post by RastBrade »

New here, fighting and racing game fan gradually becoming more interested in arcades and candy cabinets after playing on some candy cabs at Pax South.
Ioerror
Please Continue...
eBay: Charlie2009charlie

Post by Ioerror »

Quick hello from a person new to this expensive collecting hobby :-)
Cycl0ne
Please Continue...

Post by Cycl0ne »

Hi,
there. I just want to drop a "hello" here. Collecting since 9 years.
Tokyobuffoon
Please Continue...
eBay: Thakid845
Initials: JDW

Post by Tokyobuffoon »

Hello all, I'm Jessie and I've been playing arcades ever since i was able to reach the buttons, I'm a big Capcom, and fighting game fanatic. I wish I would've started this hobby a long time ago, I just was never sure about it and moving so much in the military it kept me from buying cabinets. But now it's time and I'm too far behind lol.
ssephi
Please Continue...
eBay: beautifulonewingedangel

Post by ssephi »

Hi I'm Gary, new to the forum and arcade collecting - Trying to build a nice Naomi setup for Rival Schools 2 in an old JP cabinet (New Blast City).
Inusuke

Post by Inusuke »

My name is Manu, I'm french and I'm a big fan of arcade for a long time now. I have only one Astro but multiple pcb and other systems, It's a terrible disease.