Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
OldSchoolNeo
Please Continue...

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by OldSchoolNeo »

Hi Everyone,

I'm a former candy cab collector and am just now getting back into the hobby. I sold all but one of my cabs about 7 years ago (Naomi Uni's, Naomi Net City, Megalo 410, Neo 25 and a Neo 29 which is the only cab I still own). At that time I switched over to pinball machines but I've recently been bitten by the "bug" again.

So, I'm looking to pickup a candy to play CPS2/3, Naomi and Atomiswave games. Thinking about a New Net City (which finding the I/O converter is going to be like winning the lottery it appears) or an Egret 3 or Atomiswave SD. I'm not the most technical person in the world so please humor me with my tech support questions. Any advice on where to buy one of the above cabinets here in the US would be greatly appreciated. I'm located just outside of Richmond, VA.

Thanks!
Sabih
Please Continue...

Post by Sabih »

Hi guys.

Sabih here. I own a New Astro City and couple of HD Noirs. Looking to add a Vewlix to the collection soon!
muell
Please Continue...

Post by muell »

Hello,

Im about to purchase my first candy cab a super neo 29. Its pretty rough cosmetically so I will be stripping, painting and filling in some cigarette burns. Im hoping to find some info on here from the restorations others have done.
extrude
Please Continue...
eBay: fopant
Initials: ANT

Post by extrude »

Hi my name is Andreas and im 35 years old.

I recently got my self two nice candy cabs a Astro City and a New Net City.
My instagram with pictures: https://www.instagram.com/p/BN8yAE_BiIK ... -by=nesfrk

I have been in to arcades since I played them as a kid, at the local amusement park and kiosks here in Sweden.

Greatest memory I have from that time is when we paid one of our friends to beat Final Fight, he managed to get the furthest with one credit so everyone placed their bets on him :)

Other arcade memories from the local kiosk include the release of Street Fighter 2, nothing like beating the older kids with hadouken spamming!
Also the release of Prehistoric Isle in 1930, those dinosaurs sure made a huge impression on us kids back then.

Hope to lurk around here and get to know people, if you are visiting Sweden and are in the neighborhood, don´t be afraid to send me a message!
JediJacobs
Please Continue...
eBay: JediJacobs
Initials: EDJ

Post by JediJacobs »

Hi guys, I'm new here and a huge fan of Neo Geo!

Grew up on SNES/Gameboy/Megadrive/Gamegear but as the years went on I chopped and changed, but never played or even saw an AES.

I'm now of an age where I can re-collect and see what all the fuss was/is about...

Well, I love it!

So I'm here to venture further into the world of Neo Geo and arcades etc.

I believe I need to contribute more in order to be allowed to use all features of the site, so any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers everyone!
Sloanp
Please Continue...

Post by Sloanp »

Hi all!! Just got into the arcade scene and love it but need help in this cabinet I have bought ITS A 4 BUTTON 2 PLAYER ONE! Could someone point me in the right direction? Its a tekken 3 cab with Namco 12 system with the hope of putting a pandoras 3 box in it! However it has a jamma and the edge connector for buttons 3 and 4 and when the Pandora goes in I have no luck!! No controls work at all:( do I need a harness to bypass the jamma and edge to one? I see that pin 27 and 28 are earther and on the cab harness 24-26 have been soldered together! Any help would be great!

Thanks
DreamcastNate
Please Continue...

Post by DreamcastNate »

Hey y'all from Austin Texas. My name is Nate. I'm a lifelong arcade fanatic, first time arcade owner. I just picked up a Sega Aero City project (in really bad shape). I will post more about it later.
Shawn37
Please Continue...

Post by Shawn37 »

Hi
I'm Shawn, do some arcade collecting and have some repair knowledge, and always looking to expand my skills.
FairWitness

Post by FairWitness »

Hi guys, I've been a Neo Geo fan for a long time, own quite a few games, consolized MVS, AES, but don't have a cab yet. I'm looking to change that soon!
stefanzero
Please Continue...
eBay: ringu0

Post by stefanzero »

Hi everyone,
I´m Stefan from Germany and for about 25 years interested in Video Games and about a month ago I finaly got my 1st Naomi :awe:
Now I´m looking for some artworks for my cpo and Marquee ;)
Nice weekend!
stefanzero
Please Continue...
eBay: ringu0

Post by stefanzero »

Hi everyone,
I´m Stefan from Germany and for about 25 years interested in Video Games and a big Sega and Neo Geo Fan - well, general 2D is still the best way to get older ;)
About a month ago I finaly got my 1st Naomi Triforce :awe:
Nice weekend!
Muerto
eBay: muerto75
Initials: MTO

Post by Muerto »

Hi all.
I live in Denmark, and have my own small arcade with 26 0ldsch00l games, and last year I bought 2 SEGA Blast Citys (the reason I registrated here)

3-4 times a year I have fellow arcade enthusiast coming to The Shed for an entire weekend, to play games and hang out, telling pirate stories and such :)
Looking forward to see some great setups here :)

Cheers
Michael
HeadHuntaz
Please Continue...
eBay: knightmare06
Initials: CJW

Post by HeadHuntaz »

Hello my name is Chris! I'm from Atlanta, GA...been collecting arcade machines since 1997, currently have 28 machines and 1 Sega Blast City.....
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
komidore64
Please Continue...
eBay: komidore64
Initials: AP

Post by komidore64 »

Hi folks! My name is Adam.

I've been lurking around the forum for a few months now as I started getting into shoot em ups in early 2016 until I hit up an arcade with candy cabs a few weeks ago which pushed me over the edge. I want some cabs in my home! Of all people, my wife suggested I go ahead and start working on arcade hardware! Who am I to refuse her instructions! :awe:

I've amassed a small collection of consoles and games over the years dabbling in retro stuff more recently. Building my Saturn's shmup collection has taken priority!

Other hobbies of mine include building mechanical keyboards, board games, and being lazy.

I'm looking forward to getting some cabinets and games for my upstairs man-cave as well as getting to you know you fine people! See you out there...
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

Hello all! I have been a constant lurker for years, but only recently have I registered because I may be the proud new owner of a New Net City, or possibly even a Blast city. I haven't yet decided so i came here to get some feedback. Thanks
sibeer
Please Continue...
eBay: ecowarm
Initials: SIB

Post by sibeer »

Evening Arcade fans. Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and won a cabinet on eBay. Just waiting for Retrologistics to bring it up and I will be getting going on a project I have wanted to do for about 15 years but only just got enough space to do.

I have gone for a Naomi Universal that has seen better days and has no Naomi system in it. The monitor, PSU and sound are all in good condition though which is ideal for the launchbox or hyperspin PC I am planning on fitting.

I have come to get involved here as you lot seem to really know your stuff. My long term plans for the cabinet include a strip and repaint, a new control panel, acquiring and fitting a marquee and creating a full set of artwork, hopefully i am in the right place to get a few tips and learn from those who have been there and done it.

See y'all on the forum
Kibo

Post by Kibo »

Hi, everybody new here but not in arcade wolrd ( since 2004 ). I'm french and i love shmup : Raizing, grev,cave... fighting game : street 3.3.

See you on the board.
NoAffinity
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG

Post by NoAffinity »

Hi all,

Chris here. Registered a couple days ago. Wanted to join, in order to post a recent repair to the CPS-1 repair logs - fixing muffled/barely audible audio on a SF2:WW 'A' board by replacing the on-board audio amp. 8-) Don't see that fix yet represented on the repair logs.

A little about me:

Bought my first cab around 2003 - a bootleg SF2 cab running rainbow or accelerator or one of those detestable versions. A couple buddies and I threw in on it together, and it went to their house which was the party house at the time. Quickly replaced the bootleg board with a SF2:HF board, and soon had a switcher with NBA JAM, Marvel Vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat, and others. It eventually became, and remains today, a MAME cab.

Followed that with purchase of a SSF2 dedicated big blue (serial #267), from a local arcade that was liquidating a lot of games at the time, but remains in business today.

Added a couple Donkey Kong's (one blue, then a red) to the mix.

Now, I'm on the seemingly endless hunt for a good deal on a candy cab. My buddy had a Capcom Q25 (which we didn't even know at the time what it really was other than a sweet Capcom candy...got it for $350 from an arcade in LA...about 8 years ago). That cab is long since gone, after the monitor died, it got dissected to try to fix (not by me), and well, hopefully it found a better home and a renewed life. That sparked my interest in candy cabs, and I am now at the point that I must have one for my collection. :P

Anyway, looking forward to being a part of these board. I'm also active on KLOV, Donkey Kong Forums, and occasionally Shoryuken.
tzakiel

Post by tzakiel »

Hello all... getting a Blast City soon and in my research have definitely seen this is the best place to hang. Can't wait to talk shop.
XeD
Please Continue...
eBay: Blood_pack
Initials: HVD

Post by XeD »

Hello hello,
I have been collecting for 2 years now and have a lot of projects on hand. 2 empty a back, 1 complete pole position (non workimg) and 3 partial cab, working neo geo, working neo mini, hang on converion, non working choplifter, one Blast City. You can say that I got hooked. Recently friends and I score 10 non working candies. This forum seem like the place to be for candies (you will hear a lot from us as we get them up and running). I figure I should stop lurking and join in on the fun