Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
truthfacer
Please Continue...

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by truthfacer »

Hello!
I am Rob.
I once had two cab-projects 20yrs ago which were thrown away while I was in England for a year.
So this kind of hunted me until now. I tried going the route of building my own arcade sticks and
collecting sony tv+PVM's but can't help buying a candy from Ronnie now.
Am super hyped to get it soon and hope to meet people with cabs.
I am from Karlsruhe in Germany.
Cheers,
ROB
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

truthfacer wrote:I tried going the route of building my own arcade sticks and
collecting sony tv+PVM's but can't help buying a candy from Ronnie now.
Welcome back to this expensive hobby! :)
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
Rotmostraedet
Please Continue...
eBay: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/
Initials: SOL

Post by Rotmostraedet »

Thomas from far up North in Sweden (outside Piteå). Yeah it's far.

Anyway, have 4 pinballs and about 7 arcades. I keep on stumbling over huge pcb-collections in our country and will try to sell some here.
The market in Sweden is overflowing and almost maxed out, so the prices are low here.

Bought around 200 pcb's last summer from and old man.
This summer me and a friend found boxes with pcb's for €50 a piece. Around 20-30 games in each. :awe:
So, we can't keep'em all and want to fund new exiting discoverys by selling and support the hobby.

Over and out.
enforce1
Please Continue...
eBay: iplayddr1
Initials: JMW

Post by enforce1 »

Hi there, I'm enforce1, I'm in the US, Baltimore area to be exact.

I've got a few machines, and I like to restore them to perfect condition on the outside... even if i have to hack together harnesses for the inside!

CRT monitors fascinate me, and I'm learning more about them every day.
vaanen
Please Continue...

Post by vaanen »

Hey y'all !

I'm here because i'm doing some kind of "time travel" where i go back to 1990 and only play games in the order they came out without touching any recent games so i could be "blown away" each time with "new games" like i would back in the days. I came with this "weird" idea because one day, i had to send back my beefy GPU and i had to play on my 3DS for a long time. Then, when i booted my PS3, which i thought was horrible because it was "only" 720P with no AA most of the time and low graphics, i was completely blown away by how beautiful it was.

I'm looking for a Neo Geo machine/cabinet so that's why i'm here :) http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_ ... et-machine

Hope i'll find one !
vaanen
Please Continue...

Post by vaanen »

Whoops, i made a mistake, i wrote the wrong link (it's to antoher forum)... Sorry :oops:

You can remove it or put this one instead, as you want http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=34710
GhostofSparta
eBay: spargellutscher
Initials: MJR

Post by GhostofSparta »

Hello,

I am Matthias and I am from Germany. I am playing Videogames since I was able to walk. I am collecting Videogames for at least all console System, until now I call over 1300 original games my own for varoius Systems such as SNES, MD, SFC, NES, GB, PSX, PS2, NGC, MVS, AES, PC-Engine and many more. I love playing varoius Genres but especially Shmups! 8-)

Kind regards and have a good time! :)

Matthias
big10p
Please Continue...

Post by big10p »

Hi folks

I've been an active member on other arcade forums for a number of years. I'm more into the older, retro cabs TBH, but I just picked up a Sega NAOMI Cash Cube unit running Shootout Pool Prize that I want to convert to play the full version of Shootout Pool, if I can. All this NAOMI/JVS stuff is new to me, so I'm hoping to get some help on how to best achieve my goal.

Cheers!
Chris
ArlongDias
Please Continue...

Post by ArlongDias »

Hello I'm new here and I just purchased a Sega Lindbergh. I wanted to be part of this amazing group of people which I can talk to and share ideas with. Thank you all.
mjsaville
Please Continue...
eBay: mjsaville

Post by mjsaville »

Hi Folks, new to this forum. I've been a video games addict for 25+ years, got starting the arcade scene via Neo Geo MVS, but looking to save some arcade PCBs and create a bartop for the spare room in the house. :lol:
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Post by Sumez »

Hi, I'm Morten, but you can also call me Sumez. I already recognised a few names in here, so some people may recognize me from other internet forumz.

Been into arcade collecting since I started buying MVS games around 15 years ago, when I realised almost every Neo Geo game could be obtained dirt cheap by going the supergun route (obviously this is not the case any longer :D) - of course, once you have a 'gun, it doesn't take long before you start investing in all sorts of other boards, and today I have almost 100 original arcade games (will probably post in the dedicated thread)

Got my first cabinet 7 years ago, a classic European 80's wood cabinet, which has been fine for as long as I've had it. Of course I probably don't have to explain to anyone why I've always been longing for a candy cab, and this year I finally acquired a NAC.
While the old woody was pretty simple to maintain, mod, and improve, owning a Candy in many ways feels like starting all over again, and I've already googled "New Astro City" much more than I've ever googled anything arcade related before, and AO is one of those forums that always comes up, so expect a lot of n00b questions from me here in the future.
I was actually surprised to find out that I didn't already have a dormant user account in here from previous PCB hunts.
Flyingfistofbudha
eBay: Daniels4249
Initials: Dan

Hi all , I'm dan, last night I put together my first 6button arcade stick wanted to do that since I first played a compu

Post by Flyingfistofbudha »

Hi everybody, newbie here I'm dan,
I guess I'm in . I here by declare my affliction of games,
Dan uk south east

Male

Left handed all ways got my good hand on the stick
39" Mitsubishi tri sync, Sony pcm
Small cab
Cps2 boards , consolised neo , aes mvs
Put my first stick 6 button together last night
And loving it!!
Like playing tempest
Any street fighter
Alpha mission 2
Svc chaos
Elevator action returns
More street fighter
➡️⬇️↘️
Robibennobi
Please Continue...

Post by Robibennobi »

Hi all new to the forum looking to.introduce myself and to purchase a vga monitor for my dreamcast and to run alongside my bvm set up. Hoping someone has a nec xm29 for sale or a gateway destination 31 or 36 for sale?

My console list for anyone interested collection so far - nes, snes, mega drive, n64, gamecube, dreamcast, saturn, ps3 backwards compatible, ps2, wii u, ps4, watercooled pc dual gtx 1080, handhelds - new 3ds, sega gamegear broken screen right now but will fix soon, gba with ags 101 screen.

Alot of the older consoles i have got rgb mods and audio mods.

Thinking in investing in a neo geo at some point or maybe
A universal cab.

Anyone up to playing four swords in Dublin via gamecube and gba shout out!
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

Robibennobi wrote:Hoping someone has a nec xm29 for sale
The last XM29+ Grail sold here for £700 I'm afraid :roboprob:

Best to stick with your BVM I reckon.
Flyingfistofbudha
eBay: Daniels4249
Initials: Dan

Post by Flyingfistofbudha »

I have got to build a shed first
Then i get the candy!!
If i build it they will come!
Thats the plan!
Will post pics soon in collections!
Put seimetsu stick into namco ps2 body
Yesterday
Im looking for pcbs.
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Post by Sumez »

Was that a haiku?
Robibennobi
Please Continue...

Post by Robibennobi »

crunchywasp wrote:
Robibennobi wrote:Hoping someone has a nec xm29 for sale
The last XM29+ Grail sold here for £Grail I'm afraid :roboprob:

Best to stick with your BVM I reckon.
It's a sony bvm 20f1e can't stick with it if I want to play my dreamcast in 480p using vga. Super hard to come by a xm29 so looking into alternative vga monitors, any recommendations would be helpful looking for a 30-36 inch monitor. Ireland has no used market for monitors so looking at the UK and if i find one it would be a car and ferry job to pick something up I reckon.
quicksilver02
Please Continue...

Post by quicksilver02 »

Hi everyone! I've been a lurker here for a long time, and decided it's about time I register. I'm into retro home systems and arcade games. I have 2 Neo Geo Candy cabs, and a good selection of MVS, CPS2, NAOMI, and other various arcade games. I'm really enjoy STGs.
BNGamesReviews
Please Continue...
Initials: BM

Post by BNGamesReviews »

Hi Everyone,

Longtime lurker on the Facebook page, first time on the forum. I own a number of Candy Cabs and occasionally record videos on them

Video Series "Arcade Candy"
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... bsav47uOIr

And here are my three main Cabs

And I just picked up these two beauties today, which is what has led me to posting here tonight

Shun

Post by Shun »

Hello,

A quick introduction. I've been into Arcades since about 2008. Built a MAME cab with integrated Dreamcast and then got properly bitten by the Arcade bug.
I now have a Sega Naomi Universal, Atari Pole Position, in progress Pac-Man Cabaret scratch build with original Pac-Man board and a generic empty cabaret machine that has been converted to MAME. I'm also saving up for a dedicated Nintendo cab.

I've been a member on UKVAC for quite a while now, but this seems to be the place to discuss 90s candy cabs.

My Sega Naomi cab has a Net Dimm installed as well as a beautiful Nanao MS-2932-S monitor. I've had this setup for several years now and I love playing CVS2 on it :D

I have a small Pc/laptop that I would now like to install in the base of the Universal cab so that I can have a MAME setup alongside the Naomi. I have several questions about doing this, including power the laptop inside the cab, but though I would introduce myself first.