Atomiswave Sammy Candy Cab (Picture shifts to the left)

For monitor related issues
Maragenie
Please Continue...

Atomiswave Sammy Candy Cab (Picture shifts to the left)

Post by Maragenie »

Hi dudes I have this Candy cab a few years now but to be honest it has never been right since the day I bought it. I know for a fact it was working perfectly prior to us moving it location and after trying all this time to get to the end of end I found this place.

Basically it can load fine sometimes but after a while the display will shift/wrap over to the right hand side, a slight bang on the case was working once upon a time to help straighten it up but those days are now long gone and I have hit a brick wall trying to resolve the matter. I have read on here prior to registering that it could be a dry/cracked solder joint, only recently I had a TV repair man look at it and in doing so he replaced at least one of the caps. After he done this however the screen stayed in its set off center state and now doesn't look like ever going back center.

Have you any advice or something I may be able to try?

All advice and help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Atomiswave Sammy Candy Cab (Picture shifts to the left)

Post by grantspain »

is it a atomiswave sitdown cab with a wei yya 3129d monitor?
what resolution are you running?
Maragenie
Please Continue...

Post by Maragenie »

It is indeed a 2 player sit down atomiswave. Would you believe I think you know my machine, I got it off my friend Gadge64, he only mentioned your name last night.

As for the model, I was under the impression it was a Sanwa 29e31s but I cannot find it on the machine and at the back of the tube there's a sticker with 29DA1s, the number on the chassis M3129D 01-7.

Running her at 640x480

Thanks

:)
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

wells it a wei ya 3129 chassis thats for sure
i imagine you have already adjusted the horizontal hold pot on the remote board,if you have then there is a 31khz(640 x 480) horizontal hold pot on the small daughter board behind the flyback transformer-this may need a tweek
Maragenie
Please Continue...

Post by Maragenie »

When you say "horizontal hold pot" are you referring to the nobs in the front of the machine behind the money slot?

Either way I will take a look for that other pot your are talking about behind the flyback and report back.

Cheers Grant.
Maragenie
Please Continue...

Post by Maragenie »

Sorry for the double post*

There are 3 dials/knobs attached to the back of the transformer and I am almost 100% sure that those dials were adjusted when Gadge was on the case.

We'll say that they are not the problem, you any idea of what else might be causing it, would pictures help?
thechop
Not as old as Ralph

Post by thechop »

kernow wrote:
Cmon chop I wanna see your manly bricklayer arms.
Maragenie
Please Continue...

Post by Maragenie »

Thanks that's a very handy manual for the future. I have posted a pic of what I believe to be what Grant was talking about, if they are somewhere else please let me know, it could be epic.

grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

thats the 31khz horizontal hold,try it
otherwise you may have a bunch of bad caps or a bad solder joint
Maragenie
Please Continue...

Post by Maragenie »

Let's say I was to get that TV repair guy back and explained to him exactly what you are saying to me, would he need to order in a new Cap set or would he know what he was doing and already maybe have suitable replacements at home? Also, could he spot a bad solder joint or does a certain test have to be carried out to find them?

He is old skool and only lives close by. used to do a lot of work on the CRT TVs back in the day.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

monitors in general are a lot simplier than tv's,but not this one mate-nasty they are

so cap wise it could be any and dry solder joints he would need a decent magnifier to spot them-but he will know all this
Maragenie
Please Continue...

Post by Maragenie »

Ok so grant, I know that he is away for a few days but as soon as I can get him to double check everything I will report back. Now suppose he can't fix it, have I options left?

N.B I could build a beast of a PC but don't ask me the first thing in this electronic jazz, I'm very bad.

:problem:
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Maragenie wrote:Now suppose he can't fix it, have I options left?

:problem:
Send it to Grant, maybe? :penser:
Maragenie
Please Continue...

Post by Maragenie »

If Grant is the man and I can get it out to him then it's a no brainer at this stage.
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Post by zak »

Grant is indeed the man. If he's willing to take it, I would send it to him. I wouldn't trust anyone else with a chassis (personally). :thumbup:
Maragenie
Please Continue...

Post by Maragenie »

@Grant: Would you have the time to repair the chassis if I was to post it over to you?
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

yeah but i do bloody hate these chassis
Maragenie
Please Continue...

Post by Maragenie »

Thanks pal, I will try and get it tested again when the repairman up the road gets back and if he has no joy I can report back here and we can try sort out getting it over to you.

Have you a ballpark figure on what the whole thing shipping inc. might come to or do you want to discuss that off the forum?
Maragenie
Please Continue...

Post by Maragenie »

Ok I have major update:
Arcade Machine Repair Limerick
Limerick Computers 061 518338 have a computer laboratory dedicated to the repair and upgrade of Arcade machines. In particular equipment which incorporate a computer. With computers getting faster it is possible to upgrade the brain of the arcade machine to make it operate faster and with smoother operation.

Limerick Computers stock a wide range of spare parts for the repair of old computers.

Our technicians have years of experience in repairing amusement arcade machines, especially the computer parts. Arcade equipment owners from all over Ireland bring their equipment to our computer laboratory in Limerick, Dublin Road for repair and upgrade.
I was searching the web for arcade parts and this popped up, I live in Limerick!!!

I will give them a call first thing in the morning, but I must say this does look promising.
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

With computers getting faster it is possible to upgrade the brain of the arcade machine to make it operate faster and with smoother operation.
errr... upgrade?!? Hmmmm..... I really wonder how faster and smoother should my PacMan run. Maybe if I asked them to install a 68k in it.... Hmmmm..... :-o :-o
Ahh I do get it now! They target PC-vandalized arcade cabinets! Of course! :lol: :lol:
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.