New Vewlix L stock Black/Silver

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Akuma
Can't stay away from students
eBay: Akuma.from.the.Arcade

Re: New Vewlix L stock Black/Silver

Post by Akuma »

Man, it is not about arguing, I just want to know what makes you claim that it is not a Taito product, after all you must have reasons. But why? After all it is the Highway group which are somewhat reputable and they market it as a Vewlix. So why wouldn#t it be a Taito product???
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Post by Jan »

check pm
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
Halvie
Please Continue...

Post by Halvie »

Neo_Arcadia wrote:check pm
pm me too please.
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

Halvie wrote:
Neo_Arcadia wrote:check pm
pm me too please.
That wouldn't really enlighten you since he is not allowed to talk about it... :eh: :think: :palm: :awe:
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Akuma wrote:That wouldn't really enlighten you since he is not allowed to talk about it... :eh: :think: :palm: :awe:

dude , you re not the brightest bulb in the chandelier now are you? there is a difference between beeing not allowed to ( wtf?) and and not wanting to. :palm:
Halvie
Please Continue...

Post by Halvie »

Neo_Arcadia wrote:
Akuma wrote:That wouldn't really enlighten you since he is not allowed to talk about it... :eh: :think: :palm: :awe:

dude , you re not the brightest bulb in the chandelier now are you? there is a difference between beeing not allowed to ( wtf?) and and not wanting to. :palm:
Who is preventing you from saying what you know? There are already guys in this thread that said taito said these cabs are legit.
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

Neo_Arcadia wrote:dude , you re not the brightest bulb in the chandelier now are you? there is a difference between beeing not allowed to ( wtf?) and and not wanting to. :palm:
Just to let me recap this, since I am not so bright in your opinion: There are Cell and aznxtc, who already bought these L units in believe they bought an official Taito product. Then someone claims that they are not official Taito products and insinuates he knows details but can't say any more about this - instead Taito should be contacted (yeah right). Whether it's that you don't WANT to tell anyone what is going on or aren't allowed to - why have you been posting in the first place? Obviously you don't want to (or can't) back up your allegation or originate your assumption. But fair enough...
Halvie wrote:Who is preventing you from saying what you know? There are already guys in this thread that said taito said these cabs are legit.
Obviously Highway will send a Navy SEALS Kill-Team to anyone who interferes with their evil bootleged Vewlix scheme...
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

if you don`t see the difference between these two , i can not help you , sorry.

http://www.arcade-game-sales.com/produc ... 250-1.html"
http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/m ... _7872.html"
Obviously you don't want to (or can't) back up your allegation or originate your assumption.
again , take it or leave it.
Obviously Highway will send a Navy SEALS Kill-Team to anyone who interferes with their evil bootleged Vewlix scheme...
:palm: and you wonder...

instead Taito should be contacted (yeah right).
ever tried ?
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

Neo_Arcadia wrote:
instead Taito should be contacted (yeah right).
ever tried ?
Why should anyone when you seem to know already?

Helpful member of the community that is AO, yeah right...
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Akuma wrote:Why should anyone when you seem to know already?

hey , you allready suggested in your pm that what i`m saying is not true , so why the pouting ?
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

Halvie wrote:Who is preventing you from saying what you know?
He could tell you, but then he'd have to kill you. :awe:
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

Neo_Arcadia wrote:
Akuma wrote:Why should anyone when you seem to know already?

hey , you allready suggested in your pm that what i`m saying is not true , so why the pouting ?
Well, you actually didn't say anything besides the hint that you couldn't tell a word about it. Since there is no reason whatsoever appealing to me, my conclusion is that this sounds dramatized. You could have proved me wrong by spilling out what you know but since you let me know that you don't care - what conclusion should I or anyone else come to? Take it or leave it ;)
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

i don`t give a rats **** :lol:
Akuma

Post by Akuma »

You sure are replying a lot to this topic for someone who doesn't gives a damn... 8-)
NASguy

Post by NASguy »

I would say that the price difference alone is enough of a red flag to make that L suspicious. I wouldn't buy it, since it being a knock-off wouldn't surprise me. Doesn't take a detective.

Look at the Atomiswave cartridge drama lately. Lots of people fooled on ebay.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

Akuma wrote:You sure are replying a lot to this topic for someone who doesn't gives a damn... 8-)
oh , i use every chance to get away from work :lol:
necron99

Post by necron99 »

Well as you can see looking back in the thread, I spent a couple of days emailing back and forth with Taito directly. After talking to 3 different people over there, they said that they could not verify or deny that it was not a official Vewlix L cabinet. They said they did not deal directly with these companies (I was using CoinOp Express for my example) and would only be able to tell for sure that it was official, if I could tell them what distributor was selling them to CoinOp. So I found that getting an answer directly from Taito was not possible in this situation.

cheers
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

please remember , i`m only talking about this here. haven`t seen the coinop offer.

to make this easy , just ask taito if they have a official Taito vewlix with a wei-ya screen , that is also able to display 15/24k and is jamma ootb :)

you might also want to read a few of andys postings about what is sega doing in china , that might lead you to an idea , whats up with these chinese vewlix cabs.

and see i allready said too much.

to make this short , if you want an authentic Taito Vewlix , buy one at RS. Sadly An is no longer working at RS :(

if you think thats all mumbo jumbo go with the HK companys , might also want to pick up the 2 player version of ssf4AE :lol: :palm:
Cell247
eBay: Cell247

Post by Cell247 »

Neo_Arcadia wrote:please remember , i`m only talking about this here. haven`t seen the coinop offer.

to make this easy , just ask taito if they have a official Taito vewlix with a wei-ya screen , that is also able to display 15/24k and is jamma ootb :)

you might also want to read a few of andys postings about what is sega doing in china , that might lead you to an idea , whats up with these chinese vewlix cabs.

and see i allready said too much.

to make this short , if you want an authentic Taito Vewlix , buy one at RS. Sadly An is no longer working at RS :(

if you think thats all mumbo jumbo go with the HK companys , might also want to pick up the 2 player version of ssf4AE :lol: :palm:
There doesnt really need to be any more arguing on this subject. Coinop said these were official Taito cabs. Talking to the Taito parts manager, he "seemed" to think these were legit. This was before pics of the inside wiring and jamma **** were posted on the French thread. I think we can safely say these are not the same as buying a new Vewlix in Japan. Neo Arcadia own an original F and has owned other Vewlix Im pretty sure. Im sure his statements have some validity. I wish buying a $6000 used F from RS was an option for me, but it wasnt. So I went this route. My thoughts are that it is a Vewlix shell assembled in China. Then wired up and installed with a Weiya lcd. Is this what I originally thought I was getting? No. Was it way cheaper and externally a Vewlix L, yes. In my opinion anyways. Im off to get mine now. Afterwards I will post the most detailed pics of one of these so far. So for people still wanting to know about these Chinese cabs, I will try to help.
Wanted: Vewlix L 1p control panel
necron99

Post by necron99 »

I wasn't trying to argue with anyone. I was just posting my experience with contacting Taito. I have been waiting impatiently :mrgreen: for Cell to receive his. I am interested in what resolutions are supported by the monitor in this version.

My take on this is that it is a licensed low cost Vewlix. It doesn't match the original L, and I am surprised Taito didn't have them use a new model number. I have this impression from the email conversation I had with Taito, they said it was possible for local licensed manufacturers to use different parts in their markets. However they could not be sure this was from a licensee. At the very least CoinOp was upfront with me in email that it was using Chinese parts. Their webpage says it as well. Sadly they don't have a manual or even full specifications for the unit. That makes it hard to tell how it rates against the original and the various clones.

I am sure you will enjoy this unit Cell, much nicer then just playing on a tv.

I am debating on holding out for a used F model, but the Dollar vs Yen **** me off.

cheers.