New Vewlix L stock Black/Silver

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Cell247
eBay: Cell247

New Vewlix L stock Black/Silver

Post by Cell247 »

Well after following this thread:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11703"

I thought I might add a Vewlix or clone to my collection. Seems I cant get a reasonable priced F anywhere so I finally thought I might just settle on the black and white L. But now it seems I cant even get that. The newest L and VS vewlix are Black with Silver sides now. :cry:

The last 3 pics were sent to me from Coinop and said I could get one of those with the 2 player panel. At least it comes with marquee and chrome coin slot. :awe: Heh. But no yen sticker. The buttons and ball tops are no issue either but the silver sides... :? Anyways, does anyone know if the lcd panels have been updated from the original black and white Ls or the blue AMI versions?
Wanted: Vewlix L 1p control panel
nvs
Please Continue...

Re: New Vewlix L stock Black/Silver

Post by nvs »

There were Fs built by a chinese OEM, properly licensed I believe, but with non standard F parts (cheap upscaler PCB, different monitor, no movestrip backlight etc).

There was a small logo on the Vewlix header panel which identified these, but I can't recall exactly what the logo was (in any case, it doesn't appear to exist in your pics).

If you're worried about quality, just be certain that the units you're looking into are 'proper', I'd say.. Personally, I've not seen these in Japan.

Edit: Just noticed on Coinopexpress's site that these are indeed originating from China. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but probably explains why I haven't seen them around town.
..!
redstallone
eBay: redstallone

Post by redstallone »

Am i blind? Coinop-link please !?

Looking good in Silver, but also the Control-Panel unit (left ashtray place) looks different to the "original old ones"

greets redstallone

*I had a Chinese clone in the past.... that was a bad experience :mad:
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

You mean these?
http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/m ... _7872.html"
http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/m ... _7604.html"

Disappointed to hear though that there are real noticeable differences between these and the blue AMI Vewlixes. Especially if the monitor is that different.
Cell247

Post by Cell247 »

I went over to my friends and looked at his F. From what I can tell these are identical except for the ash tray area. On the original F, the area is deeper but on these Ls it's flush with the rest of the cp. From what I can tell these seem to be pretty legit. But I could be wrong. I was told these were imported from Japan Taito to China in bulk. As I can't find a good deal on an F or the black and white L's, I may get one of these and post a bunch of info and pics. Unless someone can get me a deal on an older Vewlix. :D

Edit**

I was wrong. From these pics of an original L, the ashtray area and coin slot area is flush.

The black and silver L.

The F with the deeper sections, which is nice.

aznxtc
Please Continue...

Post by aznxtc »

I bought this a couple of days ago...will keep you guys updated once it arrives...I believe these have a weiya monitor with VGA only...If it comes down to it I'll just swap out the panel like my noir cab.
Cell247

Post by Cell247 »

Where did you get this info? I'm about to order mine and hadnt heard this.
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Post by thomj »

aznxtc wrote:I bought this a couple of days ago...will keep you guys updated once it arrives...I believe these have a weiya monitor with VGA only...If it comes down to it I'll just swap out the panel like my noir cab.
Where abouts in Houston are you? :awe:
aznxtc
Please Continue...

Post by aznxtc »

Cell247 wrote:Where did you get this info? I'm about to order mine and hadnt heard this.
Thru coinop that's the info they gave me.
aznxtc
Please Continue...

Post by aznxtc »

thomj wrote:
aznxtc wrote:I bought this a couple of days ago...will keep you guys updated once it arrives...I believe these have a weiya monitor with VGA only...If it comes down to it I'll just swap out the panel like my noir cab.
Where abouts in Houston are you? :awe:
South Houston, League City
Cell247

Post by Cell247 »

Taito emailed me and verified these are legit cabs. Ill post pics and info when mine gets here. Does anyone know if the plastic sides on the bottom half of the Vewlix cabs come off?
Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca »

Cell247 wrote:Taito emailed me and verified these are legit cabs. Ill post pics and info when mine gets here. Does anyone know if the plastic sides on the bottom half of the Vewlix cabs come off?
Cool. Should be exciting to see one of these Ls in action.
I was under the impression that all the plastic was removable/replaceable.
Cell247

Post by Cell247 »

Yep, you are correct. I just studied the blow out schematics and all panels do come off. I started a thread for the parts:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic. ... 51#p199751"

Ill probably be replacing my silver and black parts, so a Vewlix or clone owner will be able to buy these off me. :)
necron99

Post by necron99 »

Hmm. I have been in the market to get a Vewlix for the last few months. I looked at used F and L models from various vendors, and new models as well. When I saw this thread it really enticed me because I like the silver better then the white L model. I also saw that the price for a new Vewlix L on CoinOp has come down alot.

Of course when dealing with Vewlix's there are alot of clones out there, and trying to prove you are getting an original licensed Taito model versus a clone can be difficult. I contacted CoinOp and they were unable to send me scan of the manual or an answer on what screen resolutions the monitor supports. They did say the cab was manufactured in China and the LCD panel is from Taiwan. I believe that is true for all Vewlix L cabinets, only the F came with the Sanwa LCD panel. I asked them to send me a picture and what they sent showed the standard Vewlix L with the white sides.

I have another email into them about the Black/Silver side model to see if they sell it. There is too much FUD out there with this. I don't think they are trying to rip me off, and they have tried to answer my questions. I just don't understand how they can't have the specs or a spec sheet for something they are selling. I have had safe purchases from them in the past. It just seems that no 2 people can get the same answer from them about anything. It could just be the langauge barrier, or different sales people at CoinOp having different information.

I tried to contact Taito to verify if the Black/Silver model is geniune or a clone. They first replied they did not know of a Black/Silver model and they would look into it. they then said from the pictures I sent them that it could be a licensed one, but they would need to know the distributor to verify it. They also said that they could not confirm specs on it, because they are produced under license and can very greatly.
They confirmed that they do not sell directly to CoinOp, so they cannot say whether it is a copy or original unless I could find who CoinOp was buying from.

Aznxtc or Cell247, you have both ordered one of these. Do either of you have a delivery date yet? I would love to see what you receive before I order. Fingers crossed it is the Black/Silver model.

cheers,
jon
Cell247

Post by Cell247 »

We both ordered and both waiting on shipping details. I talked to Taito and they seemed to think they were legit. But again who knows. I'd wait to see if and when ours come. I'll be posting full details of inside and out. Probably take out the LCD to inspect and run lag test on as well. I have a feeling these are legit but we will have to see. ;)
necron99

Post by necron99 »

Damn you guys ordered 2 weeks ago and still no shipping info? I really want to get in on this deal before it is gone. It just sucks to not be able to get any details out of CoinOp. How hard can it be to go into the warehouse and check them out to find answers? The price just cant be beat, they are selling a new Vewlix L for at least $500 off the price anyone else is selling a used L for. But with you not even getting shipping info yet, there is no chance you will have it in hand before the sale is over. Oh well, not like I am paying you to be the guinea pig right? :mrgreen:

cheers,
jon
aznxtc
Please Continue...

Post by aznxtc »

Let me chime in...When I had inquired about this cab coinop told me that these are legit real Taito vewlix's L silver/black cabs...The only difference is the monitor and that these are asssembled in China, thus the lower price...I guess we won't know for sure until one of us gets the cab delivered.
necron99

Post by necron99 »

Hmm,

When I asked about them, they did not have the Black/Silver model. I asked them to send me pictures and they sent me the following 2 pics.
black and white.jpg
black white.jpg
This is the normal white Vewlix L. They could not tell me the brand or specs of the monitor, only that it was a Taiwanese LCD panel. I think that the standard L had a Taiwanese panel in it as well. I know it was not the Sanwa.

Damn I hate the run around. I wonder if it is just because I am talking to a different person at CoinOp. This is for the Vewlix L cabs on sale new for $1966.56.

Looking forward to what you all end up receiving.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aznxtc
Please Continue...

Post by aznxtc »

Don't know if I should believe what they say right now there giving mix info. At first they said they didn't have any white only silver/black....Now there sending pics of white. Right now I don't really know what I'll be getting, Kind of regret this purchase.

They also told me these were a lower model LCD panel than the original. Manufatured by Weiya with VGA input only.
necron99

Post by necron99 »

They sent me those 2 photos today. I asked if they had the Black/Silver and they said it was the white model. The pictures I received look like the standard Vewlix L. However the pictures look like they were taken at a trade show, not in a warehouse, so who knows. As for the monitor, any Vewlix L is a officially a lesser model then the original Vewlix F. The original Vewlix had a Sanwa LCD monitor. (Some people didn't like it though). One of the cost cutting measures when they made the Vewlix L was to use a less expensive LCD monitor in it.

The thing that I cannot figure out, is if this model that they are selling new for about $2k, represents a 3rd version with an even less expensive, lower spec LCD monitor then the standard Vewlix L. (The standard Vewlix L has been selling used for $2.5k). It may just be a price break on the normal Vewlix L that has been around for a few years, with exactly the same hardware and specs. It is possible given the earthquake that there was a glut of cabs that are being sold of cheap in the short term.

If you were told it is a lower model LCD panel, and you paid this lower price, you can't really get ripped off though, right? Definitely better then paying full price and being told it is a top of the line LCD panel, and then receiving something worse.

Cheers,
jon