wei-ya 3129D doesn't sync

For monitor related issues
ckong
Please Continue...

wei-ya 3129D doesn't sync

Post by ckong »

It has been a long time since I posted a question in this section, which is a good sign. :P

I have an E3 with a wei-ya 3129D chassis and a Samsung monitor. I know that it's autosync.

My 15Khz arcade pcb's play fine, but when I connect my xbox 360 (through the D-sub connector, I disconnect the D-sub cable which goes to the monitor and I connect it with the 360 VGA cable), the chassis doesn't switch to 31Khz. It does try to because I hear rapid 'klicks', as if it constantly tries to switch. But there is no screen picture and I can nothing more do than to turn the cab off (the klicks don't sound healthy). I tried it two ways, first by switching the 360 on and then after a short while the cab, and vice versa.

what coudl be wrong? Could it be that I have to force the 360 to output 640x480 (is that possible, and if so, how do I do that), or is there another problem?

Unfortunately I don't have a dreamcast or something lying around to try it.
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Re: wei-ya 3129D doesn't sync

Post by cRacKh0rN »

What kern said. You have to set it via the dashboard. My Xbox > System Settings > Display
ckong
Please Continue...

Post by ckong »

OK, will try that tomorrow and let you know the results.
cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN »

ckong wrote:OK, will try that tomorrow and let you know the results.
You may have to have a VGA cable to select that res. If you haven't got one and think you may use the VGA cable, only get an official one. Mine came with an unofficial one and has awful ghosting. I picked up an original cable from Gamestation for £5 and it is 100 times better!
ckong
Please Continue...

Post by ckong »

Fortunately I have ab original VGA cable.

anyway, I couldn't wait of course and tried it at once. And it works, Death Smiles 360 looks great now. Thanks again for the help. :awe:

The reason that I didn't thought of it myself is because I am used to connect my 360 through RGB scart and Villetim's adapter, then I don't have to (and can't) adjust the resolution.
cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN »

ckong wrote:Fortunately I have ab original VGA cable.

anyway, I couldn't wait of course and tried it at once. And it works, Death Smiles 360 looks great now. Thanks again for the help. :awe:

The reason that I didn't thought of it myself is because I am used to connect my 360 through RGB scart and Villetim's adapter, then I don't have to (and can't) adjust the resolution.
Ahh fair enough. I'm glad it is working. :)
I don't suppose you are looking to sell your Villetim adapter are you?
ckong
Please Continue...

Post by ckong »

cRacKh0rN wrote:
ckong wrote:...... I don't suppose you are looking to sell your Villetim adapter are you?
No, I'm sorry. But at the moment he is engineering a follow up model, which he will make available soon. I already did put my name for one on his 'buyer's' list. :D
cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN »

ckong wrote:
cRacKh0rN wrote:
ckong wrote:...... I don't suppose you are looking to sell your Villetim adapter are you?
No, I'm sorry. But at the moment he is engineering a follow up model, which he will make available soon. I already did put my name for one on his 'buyer's' list. :D
I have been waiting patiently for this. Hopefully they will be here soon :)

Cheers,

Dave