Couriers

Arcade cabinets, control panels, joysticks, harnesses...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
DandySephy
Please Continue...
Initials: SEP

Re: Cabinet Couriers

Post by DandySephy »

kernow wrote:Think my cabs being picked up this weekend, good old Les, as communicative and fast as ever.
I hope so, because i'm not taking time off in the week if he wants to pick it up on a weekday after monday (not that I could next week anyway as i'm covering someone else as it is)
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Post by Devil Soundwave »

He may be flakey, but at least he's honest and a safe pair of hands...
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Pallet line call & say they are going to attempt delivery on Wednesday last week for a cab. They ask if I can help lift it off the back of the van. I decline as I’m in Leeds.

They call a few times & agree that they will attempt to deliver on Sat. I get a call on Thursday, I’m outside your house with a cab ><

No call on sat. Call on Monday, we can deliver Tuesday. I say, cool I need a phone call in advance. She say’s of course, 30 mins beforehand we’ll call. It will be before 12.00 but we cant guarantee when. Guess what. No call ><

I would get sacked if I tired this **** in work
DandySephy
Please Continue...

Post by DandySephy »

people,please stop using les, he's a complete Cynthia with communication, which when dealing with things that require people to be in at all times and aware you are coming, is not a good sign. He's not exactly careful with goods he is carrying anyway.
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris »

markedkiller78 wrote:I would ask Ronnie or moshpit. 180 euro from holland / Germany to the uk, I would hope it's similar the other way round?

You do need to pallet the cab though.
I will contact them, thanks!
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Dandy_Sephy wrote:people,please stop using les, he's a complete **** with communication, which when dealing with things that require people to be in at all times and aware you are coming, is not a good sign. He's not exactly careful with goods he is carrying anyway.
I've used Les five time now and I can't praise the company highly enough!!!

They've always collected when they said they wold collect and have always been at my door within five minutes of the booking time, the goods have always been in the same condition in which they were shipped and he's taken the utmost care to ensure that the goods are inside the house before grbbingth £70 and leaving.

I'd still recommend him but when booking, be sure of the kind of service that they offer. They keep their charges competitive by picking up when they are in the area and dropping off to you when they are passing. If you want specific collection and delivery times you can't realistically expect that for £90!!! Look at about 2-3 times what Les charges.

JMTPW,

Ralph.
DandySephy
Please Continue...

Post by DandySephy »

alienmame wrote:
Dandy_Sephy wrote:people,please stop using les, he's a complete **** with communication, which when dealing with things that require people to be in at all times and aware you are coming, is not a good sign. He's not exactly careful with goods he is carrying anyway.
I've used Les five time now and I can't praise the company highly enough!!!

They've always collected when they said they wold collect and have always been at my door within five minutes of the booking time, the goods have always been in the same condition in which they were shipped and he's taken the utmost care to ensure that the goods are inside the house before grbbingth £70 and leaving.

I'd still recommend him but when booking, be sure of the kind of service that they offer. They keep their charges competitive by picking up when they are in the area and dropping off to you when they are passing. If you want specific collection and delivery times you can't realistically expect that for £90!!! Look at about 2-3 times what Les charges.

JMTPW,

Ralph.
Not my experience at all, but you are much closer to them then some of us
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Last collection for me was from Minehead in deepest Zomerzet!
DandySephy
Please Continue...

Post by DandySephy »

alienmame wrote:Last collection for me was from Minehead in deepest Zomerzet!
yeah but the destination is practically on his doorstep compared to the job going on here. Neither the pickup or destination are even in the same end of the country to his base
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

So, I need to ship a candy from London to York. Is Les still my best bet? It won't need palleting will it? And how does he deliver - can he get it off his van and trolly it or will he need a hand?

Cheers
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

SuperPang wrote:So, I need to ship a candy from London to York. Is Les still my best bet? It won't need palleting will it? And how does he deliver - can he get it off his van and trolly it or will he need a hand?

Cheers
He has always arrived with a tail lift van at my end, so he’s always got them off without issue.
No pallet required, but I would check in advance if he is arriving with a tail lift.
I know there have been some complaints, but for the money & the service, he helped Charlie Chong carry a cab up 2 flights of stairs, I think you can do a lot worse.

Windy gone?
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Nope :think:
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven

SuperPang wrote:So, I need to ship a candy from London to York. Is Les still my best bet? It won't need palleting will it? And how does he deliver - can he get it off his van and trolly it or will he need a hand?

Cheers
If only this had been last week eh.

What cab is it?

For what it's worth, I burned about £60 worth of diesel on that run up to York and back last week, so definately something to take into account when you geta quote. If it's near or not much more than this - go for it!
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Devil Soundwave wrote: If only this had been last week eh.
Yeah, typical :)
Devil Soundwave wrote: What cab is it?
Its a surprise :think:
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven

I reckon it's an OK Baby...
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

Already got one of those, sat a TV on top of the wheelie bin. :awe:
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven

:x

Surely you don't have room for another one? Shall I come and pick up the Domy now or later?
johnbud
Please Continue...
Initials: ELF

Post by johnbud »

martin (thedeliveryman) on jamma + is the bestest. he just delivered a cab to me from devon to just outside glasgow, and the cost ??? £75 you wont beat him on pricing. nice big guy very helpful. he also keeps you up to speed on whats happening. give him a call you dont have anything to lose other than the cost of the call. cheers.
john bud
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

Does that guy have a tail lift though ?

I will be using Gaming direct soon...
speedlolita
eBay: speedlolita

Post by speedlolita »

Pete wrote:Does that guy have a tail lift though ?

I will be using Gaming direct soon...
We leant my Egret 3 on it's rear wheels and we carefully lifted it onto the road. Only (?) 110kg. But no, he doesn't have a tail lift yet.

He was a huge help getting it in my house though, definitely a recommendation here.

Cost me £70 for that.