In the Groove Dedicab Monitor

For monitor related issues
Xantar
Please Continue...
In the Groove Dedicab Monitor

Post by Xantar »

This just started the other day. On boot the monitor starts zooming in and out. Has anyone experienced this? It doesn't go away. It's not a "once in a while" thing. I'll take a video of it if need be so you can see what I'm talking about if need be.
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: In the Groove Dedicab Monitor

Post by grantspain »

sounds like an unstable b+
a video of the problem and the make/model of the monitor will help id the problem
Xantar
Please Continue...

Post by Xantar »

I'll try and shoot over to the arcade sometime this week. It's a 33" monitor I was told so that is some cause for alarm as it's a very rare size.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

Xantar wrote:I'll try and shoot over to the arcade sometime this week. It's a 33" monitor I was told so that is some cause for alarm as it's a very rare size.
thats pretty big,i know if its a pentranic then these suffer from flashover which fries the chassis in the end-i reckon though its going to be a something to do with the flyback and most likely a dry solder joint
zorahk
AO Awards 2009 Winner

Post by zorahk »

I don't think it's a pentranic, I think this is either a Kortek or a Tatung, but I could be wrong. But yes they are 33" and pureflat at that, so finding a replacement if dead is going to be basically impossible. Best we figure out how to fix this one then, eh? I've been told that for some reason these dedicabs use a 33" instead of the 29" used in a conversion cab, but I'm not sure as to the resolution (whether it's CGA, EGA, or VGA)
хорошо!
Chi
Fire Extinguisher
Initials: CHI

Post by Chi »

ITG dedicabs run at 31kHz, and it is a 33" pureflat monitor, but I've no idea of the make (seeing as there are about three in the UK in total, and I've never seen inside one). They were made by Andamiro, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Kortek.

For what it's worth (even though it doesn't apply in this case), conversion cabs typically use standard DDR monitors from that time period (29" 15kHz semi-curved, make dependent on whether the cab is Korean or Japanese/EU/NA). In principle (and with a small software setting modification) a conversion kit could be used on the newer SuperNOVA-era cabinets, which are 31kHz 29", though.
"TO THE untrained eye Christian Cooper might have been stamping out a small fire " - The Times, 7th Feb, 2004
dieKatze88

Post by dieKatze88 »

in the event that your **** is dead, what you can do is hack your kit, and install an LCD screen of some kind, adjust your software for lag (easy to do, really!) and you're away.

It would look much better than the **** monitor in ITG2 dedicabs anyway. >_>
I stream myself playing Otomedius when I get bored
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/otomedius" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Xantar
Please Continue...

Post by Xantar »

OK so more information on this problem

Monitor is

KT-3414DF

Which looks like it's a Kortek.

Video of the problem located here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KQ7MSJVJ

Any ideas now / where can I go to get a piece replaced?