Why Shaturn Grail?

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
slugflyer

Re: WTF happened to Sega Saturn collecting

Post by slugflyer »

Good grief, neo geo pocket colour games fetching £100... :-o
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

The other week I decided to dig out my once NOS crystal yellow NGPC and realised I'd left the batteries in and one has corroded and killed it. Ebay prices suggest I won't be replacing it anytime soon :(
gundarN
Officially Special
Initials: guN

Post by gundarN »

As loath as I am to go down that route, I'm thinking EverDrive type carts may be the way forward.
At least it would still be running on the proper hardware.

Damned video game bandwagon jumpers with their piles of cash driving prices up. ****.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

gundarN wrote:As loath as I am to go down that route, I'm thinking EverDrive type carts may be the way forward.
At least it would still be running on the proper hardware.

Damned video game bandwagon jumpers with their piles of cash driving prices up. ****.
:pointup: this

its ridiculous these days , I'm regretting not getting the odd title before they shot up in price but meh I'm never gonna pay some of the prices they are going for these days.
I haven't bought a game for an older system this year id say :wtf: and if I have it was probably just the 1 ......arcade purchases have gone the same though :(

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow »

MD Games always used to be expensive. Even in 2000 Comix Zone was like 28k yens.

DC games are dirt cheap and nobody wants to buy them. this weekend I actually had to trade 25 DC games for one McDonald treasure land pal and a tiny tones all-stars.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

I have a load of original MD games but I end up just using the Everdrive just for pure convenience. I'm even thinking of selling them all off and just using the Everdrive exclusively. If you just want to play the game then there is no difference.

*I do love a shelf full of Japanese MD and PCE games, though!
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dj_johnnyg
Loves CAVE

Post by dj_johnnyg »

I thought prices over here (NZ) were crazy because of the limited market.
I started selling off all my duplicate consoles & the games I would never play and the prices people are willing to pay is astonishing.

I put a Saturn up for sale, then had to pull it as the optical unit had stuffed up, and a guy came round after winning something else and offered my NZ$50 (approx 25 quid at the time) for a game that I paid 2 quid for (still had the cash-converters price on) and it was in **** condition - Nothing rare either, some run of the mill thing.

I put all my stuff up at $1 no reserve so I can get rid of it (I have too much crap from over the 20+ years collecting) so I let the market decide the price.

Gameboy pocket, bashed up, no battery cover - $60 - You sir have more money than sense. Do I feel guilty taking your money - No.
Snakes: They're like bits of rope, only angrier.
supergoose
Please Continue...

Post by supergoose »

I'd never spend that much money on CD based games that are 20+ years old. Sold my Saturn collection 15 years ago and am thinking about getting a Saturn again and loading games off of a SD card or (whenever the new ODE comes out) off of a HDD.
CTN wrote:It's perfectly normal getting aroused by yodeling and lederhosen :shifty:
Heidi Heida? I remember watching the censored versions on Sat1 when I was 13. :shifty:
Wanted: SNK Candy 18 spares. Mainly looking for a marquee holder & the "video games" sign.
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

The German rite de passage from boy to man :awe:
supergoose
Please Continue...

Post by supergoose »

:D

Did 10 hours of overtime last night and won an auction for a saturn on my way to work. Now I can finally try out that copy of Panzer Dragoon Zwei that I bought years ago but what I really want to play is Tempest 2000.
Wanted: SNK Candy 18 spares. Mainly looking for a marquee holder & the "video games" sign.
gundarN
Officially Special
Initials: guN

Post by gundarN »

supergoose wrote:but what I really want to play is Tempest 2000.
Sacrilege.
Jaguar version or nothing (and a rotary controller by preference).
supergoose
Please Continue...

Post by supergoose »

gundarN wrote:
supergoose wrote:but what I really want to play is Tempest 2000.
Sacrilege.
Jaguar version or nothing (and a rotary controller by preference).
I have a copy of Tempest 2000 for the Jaguar and I have a Jaguar controller but thanks to Konsolenkost (German reseller) I can't find a console that's not insanely overpriced. :problem:

Konsolenkost bought up all the old stock and now they're asking for 199€ for a used bare console.
Commodore64
eBay: tachikawa-games
Initials: CYD

Post by Commodore64 »

Konsolencosttoomuch (Konsolenkotz) is a horrible seller. They're asking for over 600 € for a PC-FX. :problem:
landisama
eBay: cameliacomicfan
Initials: AND

Post by landisama »

Everything in retrogame department jumped through the roof in the last 3 years. I think the most affected mainstream consoles are Saturn and SNES. Try finding some good SNES games with original cardboard case and watch the prices. They are mind blowing.
As for Saturn, even mediocre games have huge prices. have you seen the tag price for Mortal Kombat Trilogy lately?
NeoRetro
eBay: Daveretrostuff
Initials: DAV

Post by NeoRetro »

Really late to the party with this but one of the issues I find with collecting Sega Saturn games is just how much you realise they age within minutes of arriving. They also compare badly in most cases to the PS1, where the prices are massively cheaper.

Some of the exclusives on there are brilliant but the prices have been sent through the roof.

There are some bargains to be had though. My mate runs a pawn shop and some guy came in with his Sega Saturn and Shining force 3 and asked for a price. Mate phoned me and asked what it was worth. He offered the guy £5 and he took it. :lolno:
NoAffinity
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG

Post by NoAffinity »

Don't know if you guys have seen this, but I was pretty excited when I stumbled across it. The Saturn is probably my most cherished console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E

Hope to see something on the market from these guys eventually. And if they could add in functionality that replicates the cartridge slot (which we all know are also prone to failure, and mine is of course flakey) and the functions achieved through it (region bypass, 4MB memory extension, extra saves), that would be the bees knees!
NeoRetro

Post by NeoRetro »

For anyone interested there's a guy on eBay in the U.K. selling new old stock Sega Saturn arcade sticks for £29.99.

Not gone for one myself but may be useful if you're collecting.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

NeoRetro wrote:new old stock Sega Saturn arcade sticks for £29.99.
NOS POS
NeoRetro

Post by NeoRetro »

LEGENOARYNINLIA wrote:
NeoRetro wrote:new old stock Sega Saturn arcade sticks for £29.99.
NOS POS
No idea what that mean sorry.
trev1976

Post by trev1976 »

Peice of ****
Check out my "1cc" YouTube Channel
YouTube