input lag with Xbox 360 Cave games

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
OlDirty

input lag with Xbox 360 Cave games

Post by OlDirty »

Hi all

Normaly i play shmups (cave games) on the Egret 2 with PCBs, but Akai Katana and Dodonpachi Saidaioujou i wanted to play on my Xbox360. Problem is, that i have huge input lag. I can stear my ship in a direction and 0.5s later (maybe it's not that much, but a lot) my ship does what i want. So i have a really spongy control of my ship. Am I just too spoiled from the PCBs or does my system has a bug? I play with an arcade stick (PS360+), but also with the wireless Xbox360 controller it's not better. Would love to play those games but like that it's no fun at all. :(
I don't have this input lag with PCBs neither with MAME and my arcade stick. Also have to say that i haven't played shmups before i got my Egret 2, so maybe i'm just not used to that. :cry:
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

Re: input lag with Xbox 360 Cave games

Post by Jan »

no idea about Saidaioujou, but Akai Katana is pretty spot on if i remember correctly.

what TV/Display are you useing ?
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

It's not clear how you're playing your 360 games. Do you have it hooked up to a CRT or a flat screen (plasma/LCD/LED)? I've not noticed any lag in the CAVE ports, but I'm playing the 360 games in my EGRET II using downscaling or using the RGB scart (tried both). Also, make sure you have the latest firmware flashed to your PS360+: http://akishop-customs.com/PS360.html
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

Play them on a beamer (Sony HW55ES) and found a picture setting GAME. It's better now. Not 100% but much better. Thanks guys
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Post by cRacKh0rN »

I have all the 360 ports and I can verify that they all play lag free on both our LCD tv's.
I've hooked the 360 up to my Pony with a Ultracade Scalar and that is pretty lag free too.
gray117

Post by gray117 »

Sdoj has bad lag on 360. Minimise it with a crt and you can still have a good game, but its there. Barely played akai so can't comment need to go back to it but...ergh don't think I'll get into it...

By comparison other ports are much better- futari even has the option to add a bit of lag - the pcb apparently having a frame delay.

According to shmups sdoj got some patches that may have improved matters but not solved them - will have to see if I picked those up.
ST67
eBay: inprogress
Initials: MTN

Post by ST67 »

run the xbox in 480p for best performance, and use a CRT if you can.
gray117 wrote: October 25th, 2015, 10:27 pm Sdoj has bad lag on 360. Minimise it with a crt and you can still have a good game, but its there. Barely played akai so can't comment need to go back to it but...ergh don't think I'll get into it...

By comparison other ports are much better- futari even has the option to add a bit of lag - the pcb apparently having a frame delay.

According to shmups sdoj got some patches that may have improved matters but not solved them - will have to see if I picked those up.
the PCB of futari doesn't have a frame of delay; it states what the PCB input delay is on the port itself.
Chempop
Please Continue...
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Post by Chempop »

I use a official VGA cable and Hori RAP EX-SE pcb with my blast city and although there is a tad bit of lag, it's not game breaking to me. I was still able to 1CC the game, it's balls hard though and the hitbox is beefy! :roll:
Furtin72
eBay: aldewalde

Post by Furtin72 »

I honestly think the lag comes from your beamer. I have my 360 hooked up to a CRT and they both run great (in as, I suck at them :awe: )
arcnl

Post by arcnl »

Did this necrobumping have any use really? :lolno: