Ps2 Lightgun games, arcade parts and some rainy days

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
syntax_X
Please Continue...

Ps2 Lightgun games, arcade parts and some rainy days

Post by syntax_X »

So this finally happened.

I gutted a Guncon2 and took all the tasty insides and shoved them into a Time Crisis 1 pedal with my very own 2 stage 555 timer to control recoil and fire rate

Had it on the back burner for too long and a few rainy days were all i needed to iron out the gremlins with recoil response(started a year back on an actual Time Crisis 1 PCB).
Diodes saved the day :D

Here's the design I made for the timers, I know to anyone with electrical knowledge that they seem overkill and weird but this is how it has to be done if you want a perfect job.

Cant wait to make a second and fire up some double handed rapid fire Vampire Night

Made a short video with Time Crisis 3 to show how awesome one of these guns in rapid fire mode is, the switch is on the side of the pedal and really easy to active at will.
Sorry bout the bad quality. Also i took the rubber silencer out of the gun so its pretty loud, you have been warned!

I love making things you cant buy :D
Last edited by syntax_X on August 27th, 2015, 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
denson
eBay: chubba100

Re: Ps2 Lightgun games, arcade parts and some rainy days

Post by denson »

Wow! :-o that's awesome! The rapid fire is fantastic! I expect that there will be more people wanting to do this after seeing your work ;)
syntax_X
Please Continue...

Re: Ps2 Lightgun games, arcade parts and some rainy days

Post by syntax_X »

Thanks!
It feels much better than just putting a relay in the gun and having the gunslide jam back when you keep your finger on the trigger.
I should add that this can easily be adapted to suit Aimtrak internals or probably most other guns aslong as they supply around 5v.