SONY Android TV + PS4 Pad +... Emu?! OMG.

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
slugflyer

SONY Android TV + PS4 Pad +... Emu?! OMG.

Post by slugflyer »

So excited to go home and make love to my TV tonight... I stayed up from 12am to 7am... :-o because of this amazing experience..

Last night there was an update to the new andoid tv OS (Sony). If there was ever a reason to get a SONY tv this year, this was it.

You can use the PS4 pad to navigate, buy emulators (SNES, MD, NES, NGPC, GBA, PC Engine, GBColour) (mame was so-so on the two games I tried, not tried neo geo yet), but man oh man, it worked so well.

So you can stick in the USB stick in the TV with your games (mega discreet, obviously and no need for power supply etc, so clean!), the emulators read from that. The beauty being, all those consoles, all those games, using a PS4 pad, no extra mess... let's just say, I wasn't able to sleep last night. Totally recommend it, and it's all integrated into the TV.

There were teething probs with these TV's, admittedly, still a few sluggish issues with some other apps, but the last update was really awesome.

Stupidly, it also had the PS NOW feature, however, could not use it as it required a USA/CAN account (!) drrrrrp.

But still, with the added 4k benefits, it was a no brainer for a gamer if you're torn between this and a Samsung. Just thought i'd share that. I can't see how it's allowed, but it's there on the google play store (which you navigate to using the TV OS) and so damn amazing. PIN SHARP and didn't feel bad after a few settings changes (loads to toggle for these emus). Really nice. I mean, REALLY nice.

And trust me, I probably have more Wii U VC games than anyone would think healthy :oops:

Only downer is, I think I can only connect 2 x PS4 pads. Wanted bomberman couch battles :/ perhaps I can use a PS3 pad (wired). Will investigate soon and report back.

edit: the stupid looking 'Sony Lifestyle' page says that 4 pads can be connected 'depending on model'... you'd think their own Sony PS4 models would work x 4 !

:awe: :awe:
DSC_0930.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by slugflyer on July 16th, 2015, 9:17 am, edited 5 times in total.
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
slugflyer

Re: SONY Android TV. PS4 Pad. Emu. OMG.

Post by slugflyer »

:awe:

"Network services, content, and the operating system and software of this Product may be subject to separate terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information."

...let's see how long this lasts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Re: SONY Android TV + PS4 Pad +... Emu?! OMG.

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile?neo ... e%20Bundle

These might work on your big fat telly as well.
jassin000
Please Continue...
eBay: jaso-1zhh96
Initials: jsb

Re: SONY Android TV + PS4 Pad +... Emu?! OMG.

Post by jassin000 »

I use the Robert Broglia *.emu collection as well, only on the Nvidia Shield handheld. :awe:
He really did a fantastic job porting everything, anyone with a Android device should give 'em a try!