Recommend some 3ds games?

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions
Re: Recommend some 3ds games?

Post by pubjoe »

Between me and the family, I have a stupid amount of DS flavours around the house too. I haven't noticed any screen troubles in, let me think, 15 models of DS and upward ( :palm: ). Hinges haven't always held up in small clumsy hands though. :problem:

Stupid question, but the yellow tint isn't just the effect of the (switchable) energy saving mode is it? I've noticed this can give mixed results.

In the New 3DS models I'm far more impressed with the build quality of the standard size. With two of each model to compare, the XLs top screens are quite floppy in comparison.
cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
eBay: thecrunchieone
Initials: DAB

Post by cRacKh0rN »

I read lots online about power saving mode giving it a yellow tint but ironically, the opposite is true here:
In other words, putting it on power saver mode makes the screen a bit whiter but with less definition.

Just like Apple, they must use a few people to make the screens and these ones are of lower quality.
I had a Macbook (not pro) for a while and it had really noticeable stepping on gradients. I ended up going to the Apple store and putting it side by side with 5 other identical machines.
3 of them had the same problem. The Apple manager kindly looked at all the model numbers and realised that 3 had been manufactured at the same time, with the other 2 having different dates. He went out back and managed to find one with the same manufacturing id as the 2 good ones and its screen was perfect.

You read lots of stuff about the screen glue not being cured properly and that it will go away over time. Never accept this. It is ****.

I feel like a moron every time this happens and I chat about it on here as it looks like I have OCD :D . I won't deny that having had this happen a lot, I am very sensitive to it, but when you pay good money for something, you expect it to be ok. :roll:

skykappah
One of dese bad boys
eBay: Skykappa

Post by skykappah »

@ pubjoe. For me it wasn't anything to do with power saving modes or anything that you could alter yourself. It's as simple as buying a DS and turning it on and boom... Horrid **** tinted screen. Having read up about it (ages ago when it happened to me) I found that there were (and are) lots of people having the same problem.
Crappy bad luck of the draw.
Loving robots since the 80's.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

I must have been pretty fortunate with screens so far. I'm sure there are a fair few duds around. It doesn't help that some people online clearly are overly obsessive - like exchanging 7 iMacs.

I also have a 3DS model on which the screen colour looks cooler in energy saving mode. Most 3DSs look warmer, and there seems no consistancy in how **** energy saving mode looks.

Crackhorn, yeah that's not good at all is it.
cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN »

After being told that it will be another 14 days before stock is available, I decided to get a standard white new 3ds with Majora's Mask / Figure / Charger. Hopefully it will be here in a few days.
I couldn't resist the coloured snes like buttons :awe:
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Good choice. Even though I have an XL I think the standard's easily the best. My son and wife have personalised standards and they **** on the XL from every direction.
cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN »

It has arrived and has 2 lovely bright screens :)
The smaller form factor works really nicely for my hands. I found the XL a bit heavy. This one is just right.
3d Mario Land is :awe: It's all I have played so far. Possibly my fave Mario game since the Snes.
Nintendo definitely have that special something.
theory
eBay: greigsmith

Post by theory »

Not a game, but just noticed there's an Aero City theme on the EU 3DS theme marketplace. It's under 'High Tech Sega'. Pretty sweet :awe:

http://49.media.tumblr.com/5567f32542a7 ... 1_1280.gif