Street Fighter V

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: Street Fighter V

Post by geotrig »

its all about online .... :( :roll:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
skykappah
One of dese bad boys
eBay: Skykappa

Post by skykappah »

Hey guys, anybody receive a free costume for Ryu or any other character? How in the blazes do I input the DLC code to get it? I have the code but can't see anywhere to enter it!? There's a section where it's got Ryu and Ken looking at something under contruction where I can't enter... Capcom server?

Sorted. Just had to dig around a bit more.
Loving robots since the 80's.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

kernow wrote:
geotrig wrote:its all about online .... :( :roll:
It's not 1995 anymore love, you can play it offline if you want but why would you want to play real people in versus?

Rose tinted glasses
Cause it normally goes
/geotrig join novice section ....../geotrig gets **** whooped by expert "french" normally but enter whatever nationality here hanging out in novice section :sad :lolno:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
Mantrox
eBay: Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

The lounge's are really nice to combat that.
Just create a lounge, put it to first to five and when the people that come in overwhelm you, just have a quick game and kick them (or kick them straight away if they're already on ultra bronze rank or silver, etc...).

In the lounges people that are more equally matched tend to stick around to play more sets.

The experience so far has been very nice.

The only thing that bugs me are the loadings, i was hoping the ps4 version was a bit snappier.
I think since street fighter 4 had arcade roots where any loading time is equal to loss in revenue, this was not an issue (when installed on the ps3).
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

...so you kick out people who are better at the game than you? ...Why would anyone do that?
Mantrox
eBay: Mantrox

Post by Mantrox »

No, you kick people who are way above you in skill level that insist on staying in the room.
Otherwise you will be doing sets as a spectator.

If you don't have enough skill to interpret what is going on in the game at the same/aproximate speed the other player has, you best bet is to play with people more on your level and get a grasp of the mechanics and drill your B&B's and punishes into your skull.

Otherwise playing with higher skilled players will bear no fruit.

Let's have a dumb analogy, it's like trying to learn starcraft with korean professionals; you'd still be browsing the units menu while he already has an army at your gates.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

I guess it's different online if you can't discuss about the game while playing.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Someone bump this thread when Capcom have actually finished the game and I'll get it out of the box again.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Post by skykappah »

SuperPang wrote:Someone bump this thread when Capcom have actually finished the game and I'll get it out of the box again.
You'll be waiting for a while then... It's going to be the only Street Frighter for this generation. The plan is it's going to be forever updateable via dlc every 6 months. So no more Ultra Omega Street Fighter V 2.0 Alpha Arcade Home Edition. In effect it's not going to finished until SF VI.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Post by skykappah »

kernow wrote:I've not played it
The over sexualisation of this and mgs5 made me remember why I don't play video games much anymore.

Take it over 4 any day though
Nah, sexualisation has been pre-emptively SJW'd by Capcom and the sexiness you are seeing is just in the stills and character art. Boob bounce is non existent unless you especially look for it. It's still fat man hands and legs thicker than Zangief after Christmas.
Nothing sexy about that.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I played World Warrior yesterday. Brilliant game.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

I had a little go in versus mode at HoG and quite liked it.
kernow wrote:I'd feel a right virgin playing it
:lol: The tits are absurd. Constant (virgin's interpretation of) cleavage shots. Laura keeps writhing about like a moron. The 'bug' where Chun Li's immense nipple bulges swing around everywhere still appears to be in. :think:

I'm all for boobs or a bit of comedy titilation but this is pretty sad. Social Justice has got nothing to do with it skykappah, it's just embarrassing.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

T&A still seems to be an essential ingredient if you want a game to sell in Japan, which is a bit sad when the west seems to be making progress in that regard.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Post by skykappah »

pubjoe wrote:I had a little go in versus mode at HoG and quite liked it.
kernow wrote:I'd feel a right virgin playing it
:lol: The tits are absurd. Constant (virgin's interpretation of) cleavage shots. Laura keeps writhing about like a moron. The 'bug' where Chun Li's immense nipple bulges swing around everywhere still appears to be in. :think:

I'm all for boobs or a bit of comedy titilation but this is pretty sad. Social Justice has got nothing to do with it skykappah, it's just embarrassing.

You lot must feel the sexy more than I do then. :lol: Ya horny bastiches.
One... Capcom "sexy" from an east Asian standpoint, is practically Sesame Street compared to what most of the Japanese video game world has to offer.
Two... Why is it embarrassing? Being embarrassed is a personal choice/trait no? Like I said, in gameplay... there is no time to factor in what you "guys" are complaining about.

Now this is a rant that's not all directly aimed at individuals here rather it's aimed at a insanely fast growing trend of thinking:
The current climate, including SFV bum censoring has everything to do with SJW. There's people out there that are put off by the sexualisation of some video games! What was a bit of animation that showed R Mika slap her bum for an intro move was edited out after Capcom pre-emptively tried to please the SJWs. Though obviously now, not enough... Google "R. Mika SJW" or "Capcom SJW".
It seems men these days are apologising before womenfolk are even yet voice an opinion. Really... what you see in this game is tame compared to what is already out there for people way way younger than us.
Admit it or not, SJW is affecting everything like there is no tomorrow.
Disclaimer: I've never played it or owned a game of the series... How about DOA Extreme 3? That's not coming out in the west because of the phantom of SJW yet to be! http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/retailer ... se/0159600

Lastly.. Were some of you guys not alive in the (70s) 80's and half of the 90's? The things you guys are getting pee'd off or embarrassed about was 10x worse then than it is today!! Women were distressed handbags to the action man in films... Magazine/comics/book covers were basically just sexy women! The 80's to 90's posters!!! Man, they don't do adolescent posters like that anymore!! How many of you guys had a sexy poster? And early video games didn't shy away either! Sexy freaking Parodius? Night Trap? Spending half the cartridges memory on pixelated boobs? I mean... come on... just look at the state of these...
Image Image Image
Metroid?!?! S-S-Samus?!?! Zat you?? Image
Tyris Flare? ImageGolden Axe? Yeah that classic!! Women sure didn't fight in bikinis back in them warrior times!
And who doesn't remember this...Image
The only difference is... we are seeing sex in video games through Unreal Engine 4 and not The Waldo 8bit Blast processor.

I'm not going to go on... I'll be here forever..
It wasn't embarrassing then and since today (across the board) is only a smidgen of what it used to be like, there's really nothing to be ashamed of. Infact... when did you guys start seeing your current point of views? Too much being reading Cosmo?
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

I've always disliked tits and **** in games. Also little girls. And bald space marines. Etc.

I just dislike anything that has no style and looks like ****.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

skykappah wrote:SJWs SJWs

SJWs.
The fact you can make a comparison to cheap adverts and crap like Night Trap just strengthens my point.

Look at Chun Li's torpedo boobs. They swing about independently, in tight clothing. It doesn't look sexy or funny, just utterly stupid.

Nothing inherently wrong with sexualisation. Taste is impossible to quantify and has a lot to do with context. Sexy Parodius is funny, it plays on the cringe factor and no one is under any delusions about what the content is going to be, whereas the sexualisation of Samus is especially disappointing as it's completely out of place in her games and she'd otherwise be a refreshingly strong character.

To me it's more the coarse and moronic implementation that's embarrassing.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

I dropped on a PS4 this week mainly for SFV. Iv only had about 30 vs fights so far but I like it. It's no ST but I like the more simplified approach over the SF4 fadc mechanic and short/jab into ultra nonsense. If anyone want a few games my psn username is "Ex_Mosquito"
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

skykappah wrote:How about DOA Extreme 3? That's not coming out in the west because of the phantom of SJW yet to be!
Not true. DOAX3 isn't coming out in the west because the last one shifted 250k copies worldwide. This would do no better despite the added pole dancing.
nismopunch
Please Continue...

Post by nismopunch »

skykappah wrote:
SuperPang wrote:Someone bump this thread when Capcom have actually finished the game and I'll get it out of the box again.
You'll be waiting for a while then... It's going to be the only Street Frighter for this generation. The plan is it's going to be forever updateable via dlc every 6 months. So no more Ultra Omega Street Fighter V 2.0 Alpha Arcade Home Edition. In effect it's not going to finished until SF VI.
Dang I was going to wait for a more complete version but I guess that's not in the cards. Ughh I want to play so guess going to have to pay up. :cry:
skykappah
One of dese bad boys

Post by skykappah »

nismopunch wrote:
skykappah wrote:
Dang I was going to wait for a more complete version but I guess that's not in the cards. Ughh I want to play so guess going to have to pay up. :cry:
Yeah. Correction regarding my info though, it seems it's every month not 6. One new character a month plus costumes and then whatever they plan.. Maybe new levels and for sure new game modes. I wonder if the game is too closed for a character design option... That would be sweet. Oh! Boob toggle... Gonna get on the phone to Capcom. Also don't feel too down with what many perceive as an unfinished game.. It's not. There's enough to warrant a buy. Look at it as a game that's gonna be constantly updatable. Though at the moment their servers must be on some island called Fubar...