Mortal Kombat X (PS4 / Xbone)

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Re: Mortal Kombat X (PS4 / Xbone)

Post by crunchywasp »

pubjoe wrote:What's going on? :wtf:
Mortal Kombat happened :(
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

:lol:

---

I'd previously assumed Sony had just put a blanket lock on previous gen peripherals. If it's the developers that have the option then it feels more like a dirty conspiracy.

We should protest, but how? :think:
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

That's it chodeboy. Join the dark side. Play Mortal Kombat. :shifty:
Emulation's nice when done well
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Playing MK would be a dirty protest alright.

I actually have the last MK for the PS3, though it's never come out of the kloset.
fagin

Post by fagin »

My copy has just tuned up! 8-)
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

Posting this here because for some reason the video is now unlisted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Pt_Cgai48

Stream starts at 38:25-ish. Highlight of the stream is from 43:00 to 44:00, otherwise it's nothing too special.
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

Apparently there's DLC to make the Fatalities easier.. Very odd

The game looks pretty decent to be fair but I wish the trailers and hype weren't focused around the Fatalities, they do nothing for the actual gameplay whatsoever.
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
slugflyer

Post by slugflyer »

I'm actually enjoying this. Having a blast with mates. Play it like you're playing MK and it's the 90's, and you'll like it. If you never liked MK, you won't like this, but it's a shame to not try it tbh. I can also confirm the PS3 PDP MK Sticks work, on PS4 only. Xbox doesn't. It plays nicely with these sticks actually. Proper fan service. Only caveat is you HAVE to have the wireless pad on, so if you want 2 players, thats 2 wireless pads that have to be on ;)
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

slugflyer wrote:Only caveat is you HAVE to have the wireless pad on, so if you want 2 players, thats 2 wireless pads that have to be on ;)
Kretinous.

(no offense to Kretinou :D )
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken

I finally had the chance to play this, so here is my short but honest to ADK review of it:

My brother somehow snatched a Steam key of this fresh kreation for 12 Euros, so it was decided that we would give it a go. We could have played KOF XIII, 98UM or 2002UM but we have fond memories of UMK3 so why not? My first impression of the game was that it is too dark. I know they want the game to be dark and edgy, but I had trouble figuring out what was going on in some of the stages, so we settled for three of the brighter locations and didn't bother with the rest anymore. These three stages were nothing like the ones I was used to in the original trilogy, so to me the MK athmosphere was somewhat lost at this point already. The good news is that the gameplay wasn't too bad. I haven't played the 2011 game, so I can't make any komparisons to that. This one felt like it was something new, but still an MK game kontrolwise, just more mobile. I don't believe Netherrealms Studios can match the feeling of the klassics, but I do appreciate reinvention done (mostly) right.

Sounds like I am praising the game? Well here comes the stuff that needs to be mentioned. I felt that there was input lag, but maybe I'm just too used to snappy controls. You can play the game with just 5 buttons, but the PC version wants you to bind all the shortcuts too. The DLC for this game is really lame. Really lame. The X-ray attacks are an idiotic comeback system. They deal way too much damage. If they don't get toned down I don't see myself playing the game for long. NRS is infamous for patching their games too hastily based on fan feedback, so the patches might become an issue.

Overall MKX might charm you with its high production value presentation, but as a fighting game it is patchy. Pun intended. I had fun playing 100+ Sun God Kotal Khan VS Wrestler Jax matches in sunny and exotic locations, but I didn't like the rest. Good kompany or a good game? 60/40.