Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by cools »

The unexpected announcements were great, but it was the ad pushing local multiplayer hard that really struck me. Colour everywhere!
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

For the last few Mario games I've been happy enough with Trailer 1 then the year later trailer comes out and blows me away. Dunno how they still do it. :awe:

Can't wait to see giant Donkey Kong.
skykappah
One of dese bad boys
eBay: Skykappa

Post by skykappah »

spmbx wrote:I really hope for a smaller portable variant of the switch some day. Having been used to 3ds i do find the switch too bulky for public transport commutes. Gave it a few tries but it's not very practical to drag along.
Not long after launch, there were rumours of a more portable version in the works. Be interesting to see... Though for me, the current screen size is still a tad small for my liking. An inch more would have been perfect.
Loving robots since the 80's.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

It certainly doesn't disappear into a pocket the way most Nintendo handhelds have, but any smaller and portable multiplayer is going to be totally impractical due to screen and JoyCon size. Pull the JoyCon off and it's fine except it needs to be propped up rather than held...

Can't see it getting larger for weight/cost reasons.

Could see a 1080p revision happening with a screen size adjustment - bezels are big at the moment - can't imagine anything more than that.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper »

And on sale in the Japanese Switch store, about £4 each 8-)
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Rabbids reviewing well. £35 if you have prime.
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/switch ... de-2775619
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Trying to avoid building up much of a backlog on 1P stuff, pretty tempted though.

Had to follow guides for my last five shrines in BOTW. Didn't want to but figured a pre-internet me wouldn't have minded. Turned out they were all hidden quest types, some with multi layered triggers. Would've been pure luck or wretched doggedness to find them.

Few more gear upgrades (haven't chased a single star fragment down yet) then final boss and done.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

I'm nowhere near that complete .... Have been lost wondering about for ages now..only have 2 device beasts completed as well... :( I also have 2 shrines that I couldn't figure out with .

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Astro duel deluxe . i've gone from thinking meh to loving it , great like multiplayer game and a good blast ! simple yet effective

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Actually got to play local tabletop multiplayer Switch. It was with a 7 year old who had never held a controller before, but still - kept us entertained for half an hour.

Even kicked my **** on Green Hill Zone 1 due to her being far more practiced from the iPhone ver of Sonic 1...
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

I bought voez , touch screen on the switch is great and is a decent game..... Although it has some cheesy songs stuck in my head now

bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

Anyone get this month's Super Play?
:shifty:

Rossyra
Supermod

Post by Rossyra »

I saw it on ****, is it any good?
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

cools wrote:Unpopular opinion, I don't mind the HD SF2 artwork. The backgrounds are nice, the HD UI is fine, and the sprites whilst not being a patch on the originals do the job well enough provided you don't focus on how bad the faces are. Classic art works fine on TV but looks awful on handheld, think the UI elements in HD mixed with low res game is a bit too obvious on a small screen.

The remixed music I can't stand. New graphics, classic music, game is fine with me on handheld and TV.

JoyCon are passable via stick. Dpad buttons are a no go. 8bitdo NES30 / Pro have a decent dpad and I'm having no problem pulling off a shoryuken for a change.

Although I've been told Ryu's sample for this sounds more like "vote UKIP"...
I've just picked this up this weekend .I agree with cools the hd is ok ,classic isn't great in handheld mode i didn't try it on the TV ,. New music sound is woefully. So sticking with classic .at the end of the day it SF so nice to have.

bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

Rossyra wrote:I saw it on ****, is it any good?
It's hard to knock it, it's another mag bundled in with Retro Gamer, whilst it's a little on the light side it's just a special version focusing on the games with the Snes Mini. I guess if I was (any more) cynical, I would say that its a promo brochure for the Snes mini.

To be honest the Retro Gamer feature on the PC Engine - which is what I bought the mag for, was just about the background of the coverage of the PC Engine in the UK - some nice stories of how the word got put out there initially and a focus on some initial games and the CD add on, but then didn't really go into anything at all about the progression of the console in Japan (Duo, SGfX, GT, LT game library etc), and although they mentioned how the Card add ons beefed up the capabilities and mentioned the Arcade card, it was nothing like the in-depth overview that I was expecting.

They should have really called it 'PC Engine - we talk to a few people that hyped the console up in the UK'.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Who opened up the floodgates on Switch games? It's changed from having enough to keep me interested to an overwhelming release schedule with so many things I want to play.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Is the new 8bitdo SNES Pro controller tempting anyone? https://www.amazon.co.uk/8Bitdo-SF30-PR ... B0748S3GXG
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

That looks ace.