Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
NoAffinity
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG

Re: Super Nintardbros!

Post by NoAffinity »

cools wrote:Is the new 8bitdo SNES Pro controller tempting anyone? https://www.amazon.co.uk/8Bitdo-SF30-PR ... B0748S3GXG
I got the SFC30 (non-PRO), and pad hacked it. This was before the Hori fight stick was available. It's a lower cost alternative if you DIY, and works great.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

cools wrote:Is the new 8bitdo SNES Pro controller tempting anyone? https://www.amazon.co.uk/8Bitdo-SF30-PR ... B0748S3GXG
pity its not around the 30 mark , id get it then. im not sure what controller to get next

I could get pink green joycon ,but i also kinda want the pro controller and like those snes pro controllers , i could just pick up the cheapo wired controller and get one of the others ,or all of them :think:

Nintendo have done something right here as i never or barely ever think about extra controllers :problem:
cools wrote:Who opened up the floodgates on Switch games? It's changed from having enough to keep me interested to an overwhelming release schedule with so many things I want to play.
and quiet a few games i want /need to buy and still havent got mk8d or splatoon2 either . Also a load of games are out this week :awe:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I am only missing the yellow controllers.

Annoyingly my red/red and blue/blue are different shades.

I play solo 99.99% of the time.

Nice work Nintendo.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

:lol:

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Snes Mini's great. We all know the alternatives but as a package it's superb. I love the convenience, the snes pads and the UI is more fun than anything unofficial. It's worth having just to run in attract mode - which is what it's doing now, along with ST in the cab, while I derp about on my phone. :palm:

Nice to see the CRT filter's less severe than the NES classic, though I prefer 4:3 which has also been vastly improved.
LEGENOARYNINLIA
Kameo-ken
eBay: ⸨◺_◿⸩

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA »

pubjoe wrote:It's worth having just to run in attract mode - which is what it's doing now, along with ST in the cab, while I derp about on my phone. :palm:
I do this all the time. It's a Friday night ritual, basically.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

:awe:

Attract modes are the tits. We live the dream.
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

Finally took the plunge and ordered a Switch :awe:

I've been dying to play BotW for ages and I could have picked it for the WiiU but I wanted to wait for the Switch version. Funnily enough it was the release of Steamworld Dig 2 that prompted me to get one. I loved the first one and I fancied playing the second one on the sofa. I couldn't see a 3DS release at the time (although it looks like one may now be coming) and so I started looking at Switch bundles instead and I figured with Mario Odyssey on the horizon it was high time to pick one up.

Managed to order a Mario Odyssey LE bundle from Very for £266 which I thought was a bit of a billy bargain. I've also bought a pro controller and a screen protector. Games wise, Mario and Steamworld Dig 2 should keep me going for a while but I also bought Rayman Legends as it was going cheap. I'm going to ask for BotW for Crimbex which should swallow a big load of my time :whoopsie:

Open to suggestions for any other must have games and/or peripherals etc.

I've been playing Metroid: Samus Returns on the 3DS which I've really enjoyed and I've found it hard to put down which is a rare thing of late. I'm got to the final boss but I want to go back through and pick up the last of the missiles/power-ups I've missed before I finish it.

I got one of the SNES Minis too. I've been really impressed with it to be honest. I've got three SNES's, CRTs and a Framemeister but it's just so handy just to stick under the TV in the lounge and stick on when you fancy a quick game. As Joe said the UI is great and I love the save state feature too. They're uber easy to load other games onto with Hackchi2 too. :thumbupright:
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Excellent stuff franco ,same as you with the SNES mini have 2 snes's set up on TVs and playing the mini more than them in the last year Benn hammering away onsupermetroid for the last or 2

botw is excellent and we'll worth the wait and you should sink in hrs to it ,. Puyo puyo Tetris an ussf2 are good shouts usf2 It's nice on the big screen . I like astro Duel deluxe also for the odd multiplayer quick shootm up and sonic mania is great if you haven't picked it up else where.

I still need to convince myself to buy mk8 and splatoon again.

pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

I approve of all the above. :awe:

I must pick up Samus Returns. I'd forgotten all about it.

I just can't get going on BOTW. I did enjoy the short time I spent on it but the scale of the game scares me off. I do intend to get back on it though. Cools says he likes playing it in small chunks.

Franco, I can think of one suggestion for another game mt8. I miss those MK8 multiplayers. We should make it a regular thing.

I've watched a couple of 'advanced tactic' videos about Puyo Puyo Tetris. It looks like they made it a much deeper game than I'd expected.
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

spmbx wrote:Being a mod i guess the AO colored joycons are a must-buy 8-)
If I could have chosen I would have gone for the grey ones, I actually really like grey :oops:
geotrig wrote:
botw is excellent and we'll worth the wait and you should sink in hrs to it ,. Puyo puyo Tetris an ussf2 are good shouts usf2 It's nice on the big screen . I like astro Duel deluxe also for the odd multiplayer quick shootm up and sonic mania is great if you haven't picked it up else where.
Ooo, Astro Duel Deluxe looks fun, I might have to pick that up. I'm not a huge 2D Sonic fan (heresy, I know), I did love Sonic Adventure though :shifty: I might pick it up at some point however.
pubjoe wrote:
I must pick up Samus Returns. I'd forgotten all about it.

I just can't get going on BOTW. I did enjoy the short time I spent on it but the scale of the game scares me off. I do intend to get back on it though. Cools says he likes playing it in small chunks.

Franco, I can think of one suggestion for another game mt8. I miss those MK8 multiplayers. We should make it a regular thing.

I've watched a couple of 'advanced tactic' videos about Puyo Puyo Tetris. It looks like they made it a much deeper game than I'd expected.
Deffo get Samus Returns, it's grt8. The parry mechanic is fun although I think it could have been expanded a little more. As always with Metroid games it feels great to unlock the power-ups and unlock previously inaccessible areas etc.

I really hope I can get into BotW, I think I'll either not get it or I'll be balls deep. I'm hoping to be the latter and up to the hilt. :fastlove:

I'm going to have to get MK8 although it does pain me a little to re-buy it. Thinking about it however, it would be a good way to get some multiplayer games on. I think I could get away with a cheeky b8 on the sofa while the GF is watching Bellenders or whatever. It would be better than me hogging the TV all night or playing it in the gaymez room. :think:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Franco if you want to trade I have grey JoyCon sitting unused in the box with my spare Switch...

BOTW needs a good chunk of time dedicated to clearing the tutorial - once that's done it'll have its hooks in.

Sonic Mania is stupid priced in the Russian eShop and **** over all the previous 2D Sonics IMO, now I've had more time with it.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

I liked Sonic 1 and 2 on mt8s Megadrives in the day, but Sonic Mania is better.

It pained me to rebuy MK8. I only did as it was available from Amazon for £35 at the time.

At least Battle mode looks grt8. It'll be worth the purchase for some AO b8 battles. Let's do it before they start charging for mongline play.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

IMG_9743.JPG
On a trip for my son's birthday last month. The Switch got a lot of interest from other passengers hearing the amount of fun they were having.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Post by thomj »

Good to see you back Berries. You'll have no problem getting into BOTW, it's awesome. Just finished Super Metroid on the SNES mini this evening. Probably play through Link to the Past again next I guess. Never gets old.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

I only bought astro duel as i liked the sound of it ,pity it doesn't have online features.

like pubjoe i'm normally scared of big games like botw. I think it's the longest I've spent at one of these games without being totally lost :shifty: it helped that there was much else out to distract me at the time :oops: I'm never going to clear it.
sonic is great although I still don't full get the appeal of sonic in general.

Definitely going to get Samus returns when I finish super metroid.

FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

@cools: Spare Switch? Nice :awe: Thanks for the offer, I'm thinking I'll pick up a pair of grey ones and keep the reds for 3/4P though. I only found out after ordering the Mario LE Switch that Mario Odyssey will come pre installed or as a download. If I had known that I would have ordered a standalone grey switch and bought a physical copy of the game :roll:

@bebe: Nice to see you too :)

I'll grab a copy of MK8 soon PJ. I've not really played battle mode since the SNES era but I really enjoyed it way back then. Hopefully we can get a few playing.

What are you guys doing SD card wise? I presume they're just needed for non physical games? I was thinking of getting a 64GB or 128GB card as they're cheap as chips nowadays.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

I've not found a need for one yet. Got plenty sitting around in other devices that never get used anyway.

Mario + Rabbids is well worth getting too, though I imagine Zelda + Odyssey will see you through the rest of 2017 easily.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

cools wrote: Mario + Rabbids is well worth getting too.
I fancy it, but I'll wait until I receive and finish mario. I managed to finish (as much as I'm prepared to do) BotW last week.

Xenoblade 2 is the game I really want.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Been watching a few Xenoblade gameplay videos and it really doesn't look like the kind of thing I'd enjoy. Doesn't help that I'm really put off by the character designs.

I've got the 3DS Xenoblade Chronicles 3D - worth giving a bash to try?