Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: Super Nintenbros!

Post by geotrig »

haha ,

Was talking with a mate about this yesterday and is totally confused by it and has no idea what to make of it all.He also pointed out since he has no interest in zelda what is the point in getting one at launch ....the launch line up is pretty week, I think nintendo should have gone with just a japanese release 1st and waited to launch elsewhere... .. i'm still keeping my pre-order though :palm:

he also pointed out that anyone that wants skyrim probably has it at this point and he wouldnt spend 50/60 quid for it now on the go.

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
phillv85
Please Continue...
Initials: PAV

Post by phillv85 »

If I wasn't sure when I'd be able to get one if not at launch I'd be cancelling my pre-order. :palm:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

cools wrote:It's the worst launch selection of any console ever: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... unch_games

That combined with the software pricing and no bundle deals... Really hard to get excited about.

I have a sneaking suspicion it's deliberate - rather than a day one stampede keep sales slow and regular, build hype up over the year and keep the online service from getting overloaded.

Shrug. I have two preorders up anyway as I still want one. :lol:
CTN wrote:
cools wrote:
I have a sneaking suspicion it's deliberate
Yeah, sure. :lolno:
I still think it's a premature launch, remembering the buzz around the N64, that had more, and more exciting games promised for launch. And we all know how that turned out. :problem:
It is deliberate: http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-on ... end-codes/ http://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-on ... lans-more/

I'm over the disappointment of the presentation reveal. I'd still like to have had Arms or MK8 available at launch so I'd have something decent multiplayer to play. Can't work out whether Super Bomberman R is actually being released at launch in the UK or not, since the only place that has it for pre-order is the ever untrustworthy Game, and it's £60!
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

I havent actually pre-ordered a game yet lol ....but no too worried yet :lolno:

Ii do think they need an exclusive that isnt one of their ip's to entice people over ...like resident evil on the gamecube at the time etc

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Argos have Zelda for £50.
FcoBenitez
Please Continue...
eBay: virtuacl
Initials: KBL

Post by FcoBenitez »

:lol:
2X Sega Aero City
CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Post by CTN »

:palm: good god, thats bad
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

New Mario looks good.

NeoRetro
eBay: Daveretrostuff
Initials: DAV

Post by NeoRetro »

Just an opinion but can see this being Nintendo's last console & them becoming a software house.

The concept of taking it everywhere and playing public is a nice thought and concept but in reality, in Europe at least, where is anyone going to sit and play it in public? Online gaming has made the concept of taking games to your mates house almost obsolete & I doubt too many people are going to be asking you to bring round your Switch so I can watch you play Zelda.

I'm interested to see how many of these sceeens go in the first year.

My friend is a huge Nintendo fan & always bangs on about their quality assurance with software. But they seem so far behind the curve with tech now and are still charging premium prices. They seem to be reliant on the games to sell them. Their constant revisions of the DS seem to be to take advantage of the fan boys and the 3rd console in a relatively short space of time smacks of the same sort of behaviour.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Today only, get a pre-order for Zelda in on Amazon for £40: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/nintend ... io-2603518

Quite pleased that my pre-order at Nintendo can be partially cancelled. £60 was unpleasant.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Got it :awe:
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Pretty ordered Zelda today as well .... Still unsure what I'm going to do with this .

Not sure about "Nintendo being behind the curve" I'd say just on a different curve.... Alot of outcry seems to be from xbone and ps4 type **** ....the ones that you mute your TV over .

I'll wait till the consoles out to do my judging

NeoRetro
eBay: Daveretrostuff
Initials: DAV

Post by NeoRetro »

geotrig wrote:Pretty ordered Zelda today as well .... Still unsure what I'm going to do with this .

Not sure about "Nintendo being behind the curve" I'd say just on a different curve.... Alot of outcry seems to be from xbone and ps4 type **** ....the ones that you mute your TV over .

I'll wait till the consoles out to do my judging
I will almost certainly buy one when a few deals start floating about. I have the Xbox one and PS4. The Xbox one is a huge disappointment whilst I find the PS4 simply a gaming machine which is great. The Vr is good too.

I just struggle to justify the outlays. Since 2004 this will be the 8th piece of hardware that Nintendo have released. And apart from being handheld, is it really technologically any better than the Xbox360?
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Historically handhelds have sold more than home consoles. Nintendo's handhelds have done far better than Nintendo's home consoles. Quantity of game releases (on console) directly correlates with quantity of consoles sold. Europeans sales of consoles aren't a patch on US/Japan sales.

The Switch is strange because it's not a true pocketable handheld - and non pocketable handhelds have traditionally not done very well. It's plenty portable though, and people don't seem to have a problem toting tablets around. Tablet sales have dwarfed dedicated gaming device sales.

Mobile games revenue is ridiculous and has surpassed PC, console and handheld sales, and is growing faster.

It's also launching early in the year. Handheld launches have traditionally been before the Summer months, home consoles in Autumn/Winter.

If you view it as a home console competing with the PS4 and Xbox One it's under powered and late to the game. But it's not aimed at that market. People like handhelds, games on the go, mobile games; they spend more on them than the fixed location options. It's inserting itself where Nintendo have always been strong and providing an additional extra (the dock) as a parent-purchase snare.

Whether it will be a success or not is of course not guaranteed by any of this. I'd be very surprised if it's a flop though.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

With it's launch line up I can't see it being a summer sellout, beyond the under allocated pre-orders anyway, but the tablet approach is a strong one that may well pick up momentum through the year. I can't be bothered to turn a computer or console on most of the time. Tablets are very pickup and playable (just like Nintendo's games) even if they stay at home for most people.

Also it happens to be the best handheld gaming device ever built. Even if some recent tablets are more powerful they'll be a few generations behind the Switch for actually having games that use that power, whereas Switch games can obviously be tailor made. The Switch is to tablets what consoles were to PCs.

After the Wii U, Nintendo (I think Iwata) said they wanted to stop the cycle of new hardware architecture with each console. There was little motivation for developers to go to the cost and effort of porting to the Wii U. But with the ARM based hardware of the Switch, Tablet ports and game engine recycling will be a small investment. The industry's already moved there. The comment (which I can't be arsed to dig out) also communicated that they'd like to stick to similar architecture in future. They could dodge the bullet that's heading at consoles. There's no reason that they couldn't follow up the Switch with upgraded, fully backwards compatible versions in a much quicker than console timeframe, just as tablet manufacturers do. They've got their big game engines now ported to ARM, they may even stop their one-per-console tradition of starting from near scratch with every game and, whether this is a good or bad thing, start turning new games out much faster.

The introduction was understated but if consoles are to continue, this could be the shape of things to come.

This is all glass half full of course.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
Nintendo wrote: Monthly game download
Subscribers will get to download and play a Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) or Super Nintendo Entertainment System™ (Super NES) game (with newly-added online play) for free for a month.
Shame we won't see Unirally ever.
slugflyer

Post by slugflyer »

I've found bomberman for £49 here, but I don't have one of these stores near me. Really weird I cant get it at amazon or nintendo uk store.

http://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/vide ... trigger=ac

Also, would recommend ordering the console at argos and they will send you a £10 voucher if you do that (while the offer lasts). Then take that £10 voucher and order the special edition of zelda for £69! 8-) ...then they will send you a £5 voucher for spending over £50, and then you can get an amiibo :)

Can't wait for this, mainly for splatoon and having people over playing LAN games on it pretty much.

Wouldn't mind arranging a meetup here if 4 to 8 of you are close enough and getting a regular meetup/mario kart/bomberman/splatoon thing going? :awe:
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Special Mehditions
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Bomberman is £42.84 at shopto, not sure if they ship to foreigners though :problem:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/super-b ... 84-2605673