Super Nintardbros!

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
StandardDeluxe
Please Continue...

Re: Wii U

Post by StandardDeluxe »

Pete wrote:So had the Wii U been a flop compared to Wii ?
So far it's really not sold very many at all. It's doing better than the Virtual Boy though :lol:

Asda were selling the Premium Pack for £200, and the regular for £150, just to clear out space in their warehouse. But the system has apparently been hacked and there's a new WiiKey on the horizon so I'm looking forward to that.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

It has bombed, but as Adam said the price was key for a lot of people.

The biggest problem is the lack of AAA titles. There's one exclusive that I can think of. They need to get a big hitter out soon.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Compared to the Wii's sales, it's a CD32. Not that the games are any less quality than the Wii's were by this point.

It's not as original, at a higher launch price, and I think the basic/premium thing always causes confusion, they should have scrapped that idea imo.

I can't see the price dropping much lower (than Asda's) for a while due to the cost of the tablet-controller. It's not like Nintendo to sell at a loss, but if they can squeeze it to £150/£200 RRP it'd be so much more buyable.

tetsujin, at £150, basic would probably do to be honest. VC games are about 30MB each. God knows how a few KB of ROM plus an emulator comes to 30MB but there you go - still plenty of room for them. I bought the premium as I would have bought Nintendoland anyway. I suppise you could always pay the £50 difference and sell Nintendoland if you're not sure. Check the second hand value first though.
tetsujin
Hello, I say
eBay: kukki_86
Initials: AC.

Post by tetsujin »

pubjoe wrote: tetsujin, at £150, basic would probably do to be honest. VC games are about 30MB each. God knows how a few KB of ROM plus an emulator comes to 30MB but there you go - still plenty of room for them. I bought the premium as I would have bought Nintendoland anyway. I suppise you could always pay the £50 difference and sell Nintendoland if you're not sure. Check the second hand value first though.

Cheers dude but the Premiums have all sold out so Amazon and Asda both have the Basics at £149.99 nw so its my only choice. I would rather paid the extra £50 to be honest but dont want to pay more that £200. I knew I should of bought the Premium and ZombieU pack for £200 when I saw it in HMV! :D I just assumed they would all come down and id pick one up then! :(
LOL Cats... stupid cats
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

The Zombie U pack came with the Pro controller too did it not?

You should have bought the Premium on here at £180 with 2 games + Nintendo Land (meaning I wouldn't have had the chance)
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!
eBay: gargoyle1967

Post by gargoyle67 »

How are you finding the Wii U experience Mark ?
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
tetsujin
Hello, I say

Post by tetsujin »

markedkiller78 wrote:The Zombie U pack came with the Pro controller too did it not?

You should have bought the Premium on here at £180 with 2 games + Nintendo Land (meaning I wouldn't have had the chance)
I nearly did but I bought a few PCB's instead! :cry: But now I want a Wii U! :D Nots sure exactly what it all came with but looking back now, it was a mega deal but at the time I sort of just glanced by it as I wasnt in the market for one then so did not know it was such a steal! :(
LOL Cats... stupid cats
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

gargoyle67 wrote:How are you finding the Wii U experience Mark ?
Cons:
The console is louder that I would like. Why can't companies use quieter fans?
The updates are very PS3 :problem: in that they are constant and slow.

Pros:
The Game Pad actually works really well.
Mario is ace.

It's like playing on a massive DS. The resolution of the screen is good, but it can be distracting in that I don't know what to look at, the TV or pad :? I've only played Mario, but considering I bought a 3DS solely for SM3DL, I've got no problem paying £200 for a Wii U just to play Mario.

I really hope they introduce an update that allows you to play wii games on the pad.
tetsujin
Hello, I say

Post by tetsujin »

I dont know what to do. Should I buy the basic at £150 and do without the better GB and extras or hold out until the Premium is £200 again somewhere.

Mark, are all the extras worth getting with the premium (pad stand etc)
LOL Cats... stupid cats
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

The stand is £5 from amazon or shopto (can't remember which) I don't think the extra GB is worth anything tbh. You will no doubt add a USB drive at a later date if you need the storage.

Only problem is that the stands are all black afaik. Other than that problem, I'd buy the basic + mario.

You don't get an extra pad with the premium, only the Zombie U pack. So £50 gets you a black console, nintendo land, 24GB of SSD space + a £5 stand. If it were in stock I would say go pro, but I don't think it's worth waiting on.

I won't generally be DL full release titles, unless they are heavily discounted & even then, get them on a USB drive, then delete when you are done.
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!

Post by gargoyle67 »

Thanks Mark, Pretty much what I thought it would be then, That's the thing that put me off the system, the fact that you can't have the screen off on the controller when playing Wii U games that have no need for it. Well that and the battery life sucks on the controller, And the fact that the releases have dried up, although some new titles are on the horizon.
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

gargoyle67 wrote:That's the thing that put me off the system, the fact that it hasn't ben hacked yet.
:awe:
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!

Post by gargoyle67 »

SuperPang wrote:
gargoyle67 wrote:That's the thing that put me off the system, the fact that it hasn't ben hacked yet.
:awe:
Well that too.......Yet **maniacal laugh**
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

Fwiw the controller charges very quickly. When empty, the first minute plugged in seemed to give about 10 minutes gameplay. It's pretty much lag free too, which was a shock.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

pubjoe wrote:It's pretty much lag free too, which was a shock.
I was worried about that too, but I don't notice any either.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

For wireless video it's extremely impressive. I don't know of anything else like it. Airplay? :lolno:

I don't think I can be arsed with the hacking this time around. Wiiflow and all that was very nice but could be a right pain. You can't just hack and forget these days, I can afford the few games I want, and it's a nightmare having a Son with an excessive wii hdd game collection - I'd rather he save his pocket money, wait and appreciate them to be honest.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

pubjoe wrote:For wireless video it's extremely impressive. I don't know of anything else like it. Airplay? :lolno:

I don't think I can be arsed with the hacking this time around. Wiiflow and all that was very nice but could be a right pain. You can't just hack and forget these days, I can afford the few games I want, and it's a nightmare having a Son with an excessive wii hdd game collection - I'd rather he save his pocket money, wait and appreciate them to be honest.
The dreamcast was end to my hacking days. It ruined the console. Less is more when it comes to any form of entertainment. If you can't afford it tough.

Now, here's a way to push this OT and tell people how they should bring their kids up (seeing as I have none, I am the best person to do it......) This isn't aimed at anyone, just an observation.

There's nothing worse than hearing kids talk about their parents illicit theft of IP. You can hide it yourself and hopefully understand the morality of what you are doing, but think of the example it sets to impressionable kids. Kids think it's fine to steal stuff like games, music & film as their parents do it.

I know a police officer that loaded up his kids DS with roms. To me that's all kinds of wrong.
pubjoe

Post by pubjoe »

...And Super Metroid is the 30p game next Thursday. :awe:
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

Sweet. I didn't buy Kirby, but will get metroid ;)
Hewitson
Please Continue...
Initials: BJA

Post by Hewitson »

Anyone got NFS Most Wanted? I need some friends to compare speed camera speeds and race times with.
crunchywasp wrote:During your visit you could reverse his evil honey trap and tell him you're a bit uncertain about spending an hour inside his box