Nintendo 3DS

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Post by markedkiller78 »

cools wrote:Binned MM for now, started LGBTW. It's certainly a far superior game. Let's see if it tops the Oracle games and Link's Awakening, which for me are the pinnacle of Zelda titles.
I had to google that; Lady Gaga Born This Way = LGBTW = Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual Warrior

That's sure to be better than link to the past sexual experience
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I had it as Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Whatever, but its certainly a better game than the Slogarinas
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Cleared LBW. Not bad at all, I particularly liked the ice level. Less so the shadow one. Loved the whole rental idea, less so upgrading the things as I'd already done the dungeon where they were required by that time, so essentially pointless.

I did manage to figure out everything bar one part - how to get the boots. So before the last dungeon checked a walkthrough and went around bashing trees to collect all the miaimai I'd be unable to.

Nearly cleared the death mountain enemy rush first attempt too. Did it on a flight and started landing in the last room, got distracted when I should've used a potion. Haven't revisited.

Not quite up there with the GB Zelda games but far better than any of the 3D ones I've played. Better than LTTP too. Phenomenal soundtrack and very pretty.

Finding too many of the Picross puzzles are ranked as hard because they require guesswork, or trial and error outside the game to do without error in game. Not as good as Picross DS overall. New one released recently too.

Phoenix Wright next on the list methinks.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

OOT summed up.

Amongst others.

Please Continue...

Post by 68k »

Is it worth the hassle to search for dual IPS N3DSXL? What do you guys think?
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

68k wrote:Is it worth the hassle to search for dual IPS N3DSXL? What do you guys think?
No. The top screen is the one angled. Most N3DSXLs have top IPS.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Of course not, but does that matter?

I have a Bi, and really the lower TN screen is absolutely fine for purpose. It's not like the backlit GBAs where you immediately notice, and TN screens have their advantages anyway - they're a good fit for handheld gaming.

I think the whole fuss is a bit ridiculous. I googled dual ips and found a youtuber having a big rant. He kept returning his 3DS to Nintendo but they didn't ever replace it with an IPS model. "Unacceptable!". :roll:

I'd just consider it a bonus, but I've wasted time and money on plenty of other things so who am I to judge?
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

Crunchywasp has a double ended XL :problem:
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

I have a dual IPS one but have had other ones that were most likely TN & IPS. I would never have noticed if I hadn't read about it here. I've seen both models side by side since and still struggled to tell the difference under normal conditions i.e. playing the thing instead of moving it around all over the place and scrutinising it like a man staring at his chode wishing it wasn't a chode.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

markedkiller78 wrote:Crunchywasp has a double ended XL :problem:
:hinthint:
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

For me at least it's along the same lines as the fuss over different CRTs, plasmas, LCDs, DACs, speakers... Generally they all do much the same jobs in their respective families, but it's whether you worry about it or not.

Also mine is Dual IPS so it's best :awe:
markedkiller78
Pony fucker

Post by markedkiller78 »

The bottom screen has a touchscreen on top of it, so it doesn't look as clear as the top one regardless.

I'm a picky bitch when it comes to displays. Top TN on a 3ds looks poor compared to the IPS panel. Bottom, it's negligable at best.

Now, if I was buying my first N3DS, I'd definitely go for a model with a high chance of being dual IPS, but if I already had one (I do) I wouldn't chase one down (I won't)

Edit: tn has a faster response time, in general and lower power consumption. How many minutes that equates to in 3ds game time, or how much better at games that makes you, I dunno.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Bugger all.
Please Continue...

Post by 68k »

Ok, thanks for your opinions on this.

I will try to find a dual IPS model but if i get one with TN displays i won't bother.
I guess weighing some systems is the only somewhat reliable way to tell wether it has IPS or TN displays without opening them. IPS screens are a few grams heavier than TNs so i am going to take heaviest system home. I highly doubt they let me open a dozen systems if at all.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Anyone have some decent eShop-only recommendations? I've been playing BoxBoy which is brilliant, wondering if there's anything else essential I may have missed.