Nintendo 3DS

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
fagin

Re: Will you buy a Nintendo 3DS?

Post by fagin »

I am extremely impressed with the 3DS..... technically it is awesome.
finnyhaddock
Please Continue...

Post by finnyhaddock »

fagin wrote:I am extremely impressed with the 3DS..... technically it is awesome.

Seconded
Bingo83
Please Continue...
Initials: KRS

Post by Bingo83 »

I took a pic of one of my dogs with the 3D camera, resolution was pants but it did have a real feel of depth in the pic. My bro cant see the 3D effect at all, he has had laser surgery on one eye, his other was so far gone it would have been worthless to have it done. Pilot Wings has been the best use of the 3D so far. I seen Ghost Recon get a good review but havent had a chance to see it in person.
Check out my SoundCloud and my profile at House-Mixes for my latest DJ Mixes
Neo'nate
eBay: fleebay
Initials: NJP

Post by Neo'nate »

Got mine from play.com, trouble is the dicks put the games in another parcel which hasn't arrived yet! That said I'm very impressed with it. The mrs reaction was great, "I'm not interested, (showed her anyway) ooh that's amazing!" ahem.
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Got my replacement. Impressions went:

1. Should've bought the black one, this finish is horrible.
2. It looks blurry [turns 3D down]
3. Better. Kinda the opposite to 3D at the movies, it looks recessed like a hologram. Meh. [Puts Ridge Racer in]
4. OMGZ! Now I get it.

I find I need the slider below half way and the viewing angle 100% or it's a strain on my eyes but it certainly works well.
MrSandman
eBay: Not yet, not trading yet
Initials: NOR

Post by MrSandman »

Had a glance at the 3DS at a lokal Store.

I find the 3D effect impressive, though I found it worked better with Street Fighter than Pilotwings.

What I belive, however, is the really interesting thing is the "augmented reality" feature with the cards :awe:

I see more potential in that gimmick than the 3D-Screen.
"Hans, I've just noticed something."
IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Well, i capitulated and got one from ASDA about 2 hours ago, so it's charging the now. Got pilotwings with it for £212 which wasnt bad, certainly better than HMV charging £230 for the bare console :shock: .
Be going to Morrisons in the morning as they're doing the games for £30 and using the wife's staff discount card they only cost £27 :awe:
Bingo83
Please Continue...

Post by Bingo83 »

Welcome to the club, my fav thing so far is the AR cards, everyone who see them is taken aback.
IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Bingo83 wrote:Welcome to the club, my fav thing so far is the AR cards, everyone who see them is taken aback.
:? , emm must have a look at them :lol: .
The video demo was quite cool, especially the water on the hands and the plant flowering :awe:
IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY »

spmbx wrote:Pretty disappointed with it. Trying to find a buyer for it, which isnt proving to be very easy either :wtf: :lol:
Im sure someone will take it off your hands, i'll give you £150 for it :lol:
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

The launch titles are nothing special and the hardware needs a lot of fine tuning but the 3D effect really does feel like the future. It's like 3D graphics are suddenly a lot more 3D.
IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY »

SuperPang wrote:The launch titles are nothing special and the hardware needs a lot of fine tuning but the 3D effect really does feel like the future. It's like 3D graphics are suddenly a lot more 3D.
Exactly, the AR cards are pretty cool and so if face raiders :lol:. Got my dogs face in there and it's funny seeing her wee mouth laughing at you :?
Baoziota
Please Continue...

Post by Baoziota »

I wish they release double 3D screen DSLL near future :awe:
Shady994
Please Continue...
eBay: lmstolton
Initials: SDY

Post by Shady994 »

I also had a little play on one today and thought it was pretty cool. Pilotwings is pretty good. I may pick one up with that and Monkey Ball.
SuperPang
Master or universe

Post by SuperPang »

I have..

Ridge Racer - Offers nothing over the PSP games other than the 3D but is still fun
Pilotwings - Thoroughly enjoyable if a little lazy with reused Sports Resort assets and limited events
Monkey Ball - Stupidly easy with crap mini games but really impressive 3D

All 7/10 ish games.
IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY »

spmbx wrote:I just have pilotwings myself. Wanted to get SF4 but in the end i probably wouldnt have played it more than a few times. If i cant sell it i guess i'll put it back in the box and wait for more cool games and play those in 2D :)
Yeah man, give it a chance :) . I'm sure when the second wave of game come out and they get the best results out the tech, there will be plenty of good stuff ;)
Bingo83
Please Continue...

Post by Bingo83 »

Just spent around 2 hours playing Ridge Racer, the more I played the better it became. Some courses taken from the previous console versions, only minor annoyance was the voiceover.

I would put the graphics on par if not better than the PSP version.
IDCHAPPY
c***3

Post by IDCHAPPY »

Lets be sad.
idchappy
friend code: 4768-7439-6375 :oops:
Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Post by Pete »

Bingo83 wrote:I would put the graphics on par if not better than the PSP version.
After all this time they bloody should be :awe:
Sobriquet
Please Continue...
eBay: kaff_white

Post by Sobriquet »

I told myself I wasn't going to get one, have designs on an iPad2 and maybe a 2nd cab for hori. Bought it on an impulse yesterday with SSFIV. Pilotwings Resort and Ghost Recon (XCOM FTW) are now in the post.
I have had 4 DS lites now (the GF got through 3 of them and I have the 4th), but never a DSi incarnation. The OS is obviously a lot more modern, with suspension of a single game to get to the menu. Loading times surprised me though, apparently it's about 5 seconds slower to load a DS game than a DS, and the upscaling isn't my cup of tea since I'm a pixel-perfectionist.
TBH, I'm a bit bored. The AR and Face Raiders is cool for short bursts. The Sound recorder/mp3 player is also fun for playing with various effects. The StreetPass has done nothing for me since I've yet to leave the house, perhaps my commute tomorrow to London will turn up something. SSFV is good, but since I play on a giant arcade stick normally it's a bit cramped. Plus I have 3 copies of SFIV already...
3D effect is impressive, but I can feel the headache coming on already. Disappointed that they weren't able to make WAP work with DS titles, only DSi and 3DS - suggested workaround is to -->WEP and use MAC filtering (?!). Also disappointed that the shop and browser is unavailable at launch. Also, battery life sounds to be much lower than DS lite, but that's to be expected I guess.

Looking fwd to Zelda (since I have OOT/MQ on the NGC but never got around to it), Kid Icarus.

Edit: WTH, here's my code: 4210-3981-6746