Introduce yourself here!

New users start here! Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Forum rules
ArcadeOtaku forum introduction & rules
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Gamertag: crunchywasp
PSN: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby crunchywasp » December 16th, 2016, 5:00 am

Robibennobi wrote:Hoping someone has a nec xm29 for sale

The last XM29+ Grail sold here for £Grail I'm afraid :roboprob:

Best to stick with your BVM I reckon.
Flyingfistofbudha

Postby Flyingfistofbudha » December 16th, 2016, 6:53 am

I have got to build a shed first
Then i get the candy!!
If i build it they will come!
Thats the plan!
Will post pics soon in collections!
Put seimetsu stick into namco ps2 body
Yesterday
Im looking for pcbs.
Sumez
Initials: SMZ

Postby Sumez » December 16th, 2016, 7:12 am

Was that a haiku?
Robibennobi

Postby Robibennobi » December 16th, 2016, 9:30 am

crunchywasp wrote:
Robibennobi wrote:Hoping someone has a nec xm29 for sale

The last XM29+ Grail sold here for £Grail I'm afraid :roboprob:

Best to stick with your BVM I reckon.

It's a sony bvm 20f1e can't stick with it if I want to play my dreamcast in 480p using vga. Super hard to come by a xm29 so looking into alternative vga monitors, any recommendations would be helpful looking for a 30-36 inch monitor. Ireland has no used market for monitors so looking at the UK and if i find one it would be a car and ferry job to pick something up I reckon.
quicksilver02

Postby quicksilver02 » December 18th, 2016, 4:04 am

Hi everyone! I've been a lurker here for a long time, and decided it's about time I register. I'm into retro home systems and arcade games. I have 2 Neo Geo Candy cabs, and a good selection of MVS, CPS2, NAOMI, and other various arcade games. I'm really enjoy STGs.
BNGamesReviews
Aliases: Bobby
Initials: BM

Postby BNGamesReviews » December 18th, 2016, 7:01 am

Hi Everyone,

Longtime lurker on the Facebook page, first time on the forum. I own a number of Candy Cabs and occasionally record videos on them

Video Series "Arcade Candy"
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWGCL9MQTnZXkKPuVDOJhfkbsav47uOIr

And here are my three main Cabs

And I just picked up these two beauties today, which is what has led me to posting here tonight

Shun

Postby Shun » December 18th, 2016, 11:53 pm

Hello,

A quick introduction. I've been into Arcades since about 2008. Built a MAME cab with integrated Dreamcast and then got properly bitten by the Arcade bug.
I now have a Sega Naomi Universal, Atari Pole Position, in progress Pac-Man Cabaret scratch build with original Pac-Man board and a generic empty cabaret machine that has been converted to MAME. I'm also saving up for a dedicated Nintendo cab.

I've been a member on UKVAC for quite a while now, but this seems to be the place to discuss 90s candy cabs.

My Sega Naomi cab has a Net Dimm installed as well as a beautiful Nanao MS-2932-S monitor. I've had this setup for several years now and I love playing CVS2 on it :D

I have a small Pc/laptop that I would now like to install in the base of the Universal cab so that I can have a MAME setup alongside the Naomi. I have several questions about doing this, including power the laptop inside the cab, but though I would introduce myself first.
OldSchoolNeo

Postby OldSchoolNeo » December 22nd, 2016, 2:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm a former candy cab collector and am just now getting back into the hobby. I sold all but one of my cabs about 7 years ago (Naomi Uni's, Naomi Net City, Megalo 410, Neo 25 and a Neo 29 which is the only cab I still own). At that time I switched over to pinball machines but I've recently been bitten by the "bug" again.

So, I'm looking to pickup a candy to play CPS2/3, Naomi and Atomiswave games. Thinking about a New Net City (which finding the I/O converter is going to be like winning the lottery it appears) or an Egret 3 or Atomiswave SD. I'm not the most technical person in the world so please humor me with my tech support questions. Any advice on where to buy one of the above cabinets here in the US would be greatly appreciated. I'm located just outside of Richmond, VA.

Thanks!
Sabih

Postby Sabih » January 3rd, 2017, 1:20 pm

Hi guys.

Sabih here. I own a New Astro City and couple of HD Noirs. Looking to add a Vewlix to the collection soon!
muell

Postby muell » January 3rd, 2017, 4:05 pm

Hello,

Im about to purchase my first candy cab a super neo 29. Its pretty rough cosmetically so I will be stripping, painting and filling in some cigarette burns. Im hoping to find some info on here from the restorations others have done.
extrude
Aliases: nesfreak
eBay: fopant
Initials: ANT

Postby extrude » January 3rd, 2017, 7:33 pm

Hi my name is Andreas and im 35 years old.

I recently got my self two nice candy cabs a Astro City and a New Net City.
My instagram with pictures: https://www.instagram.com/p/BN8yAE_BiIK ... -by=nesfrk

I have been in to arcades since I played them as a kid, at the local amusement park and kiosks here in Sweden.

Greatest memory I have from that time is when we paid one of our friends to beat Final Fight, he managed to get the furthest with one credit so everyone placed their bets on him :)

Other arcade memories from the local kiosk include the release of Street Fighter 2, nothing like beating the older kids with hadouken spamming!
Also the release of Prehistoric Isle in 1930, those dinosaurs sure made a huge impression on us kids back then.

Hope to lurk around here and get to know people, if you are visiting Sweden and are in the neighborhood, don´t be afraid to send me a message!
JediJacobs
eBay: JediJacobs
Initials: EDJ

Postby JediJacobs » January 4th, 2017, 10:20 pm

Hi guys, I'm new here and a huge fan of Neo Geo!

Grew up on SNES/Gameboy/Megadrive/Gamegear but as the years went on I chopped and changed, but never played or even saw an AES.

I'm now of an age where I can re-collect and see what all the fuss was/is about...

Well, I love it!

So I'm here to venture further into the world of Neo Geo and arcades etc.

I believe I need to contribute more in order to be allowed to use all features of the site, so any pointers or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers everyone!
Sloanp

Postby Sloanp » January 5th, 2017, 11:34 am

Hi all!! Just got into the arcade scene and love it but need help in this cabinet I have bought ITS A 4 BUTTON 2 PLAYER ONE! Could someone point me in the right direction? Its a tekken 3 cab with Namco 12 system with the hope of putting a pandoras 3 box in it! However it has a jamma and the edge connector for buttons 3 and 4 and when the Pandora goes in I have no luck!! No controls work at all:( do I need a harness to bypass the jamma and edge to one? I see that pin 27 and 28 are earther and on the cab harness 24-26 have been soldered together! Any help would be great!

Thanks
DreamcastNate

Postby DreamcastNate » January 6th, 2017, 12:44 am

Hey y'all from Austin Texas. My name is Nate. I'm a lifelong arcade fanatic, first time arcade owner. I just picked up a Sega Aero City project (in really bad shape). I will post more about it later.
Shawn37

Postby Shawn37 » January 6th, 2017, 7:47 am

Hi
I'm Shawn, do some arcade collecting and have some repair knowledge, and always looking to expand my skills.
FairWitness

Postby FairWitness » January 6th, 2017, 6:09 pm

Hi guys, I've been a Neo Geo fan for a long time, own quite a few games, consolized MVS, AES, but don't have a cab yet. I'm looking to change that soon!
stefanzero
eBay: ringu0

Postby stefanzero » January 6th, 2017, 10:53 pm

Hi everyone,
I´m Stefan from Germany and for about 25 years interested in Video Games and about a month ago I finaly got my 1st Naomi :awe:
Now I´m looking for some artworks for my cpo and Marquee ;)
Nice weekend!
stefanzero
eBay: ringu0

Postby stefanzero » January 6th, 2017, 11:02 pm

Hi everyone,
I´m Stefan from Germany and for about 25 years interested in Video Games and a big Sega and Neo Geo Fan - well, general 2D is still the best way to get older ;)
About a month ago I finaly got my 1st Naomi Triforce :awe:
Nice weekend!
Muerto
Aliases: Muerto
eBay: muerto75
Initials: MTO

Postby Muerto » January 7th, 2017, 10:19 am

Hi all.
I live in Denmark, and have my own small arcade with 26 0ldsch00l games, and last year I bought 2 SEGA Blast Citys (the reason I registrated here)

3-4 times a year I have fellow arcade enthusiast coming to The Shed for an entire weekend, to play games and hang out, telling pirate stories and such :)
Looking forward to see some great setups here :)

Cheers
Michael
HeadHuntaz
eBay: knightmare06
Gamertag: Knightmare06
PSN: Knightmare06
Initials: CJW

Postby HeadHuntaz » January 7th, 2017, 10:34 pm

Hello my name is Chris! I'm from Atlanta, GA...been collecting arcade machines since 1997, currently have 28 machines and 1 Sega Blast City.....
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Return to “Insert Coin”