Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
dreadzone
Please Continue...
Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by dreadzone »

Hi everybody!

I'm just another froggie who wants to improve his english skills. :)

About me, I have been collecting arcade games for 10 years and I own more or less 400 boards now. Mostly shooters as they are my favorite. Not so much room left for anymore games though but I would love to own a Silent Scope cab.

DZ
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris »

I feeling like I have turned up at an Arcadoholics Convention:

"Hi, my name is Parris. I uh, erm have several....... damn it 13 arcades (shocked stares!), but I know there are people out there like Oliver who's addiction is way, way worse! I could stop any time I wanted!"

I do stuff to cabinets and tend never to end up playing any games. However, if I do then I am a shmups nut, love Space Invaders and silly things like Puzzle Bobble or Arkanoids. I also like driving sims hence having previously owned Twin Ridge Racer DX units, Manx TT Twin, Outrun and currently owning Initial D 3 sit down.

That's pretty much it.
:awe:
throneofwolves

Post by throneofwolves »

Howdy folks! :wave:

I'm Jim! In short, spending time with my mates, playing videogames and listening to/playing/writing music are my biggest passions in life. I've been playing geetar for about 10 years at this stage (mainly metal/rock, currently learning classical), videogames, on the other hand, have been a part of my life from the age of 8. It all started with the Spectrum 128K, spanned each generation of consoles right up to the Dreamcast and reached its apex with my recent purchase of a Blast City which I aquired through becoming a member of this community. :awe:
I need not...the NORMALS!
Nomax
eBay: nomax_be
Initials: NMX

Post by Nomax »

Hi there!

I'm Nomax from Arcade Belgium.

You may have seen me in movies like "Stop shaking my joystick this way", "Deadly rotating screener" or "Knights of the round Pac-Man cocktail table" which broadcast numerous times on National Neo-Geographics.

I worked several years in multiple arcades (on funfairs and fixed locations).
Here's a video of one of the place where I worked: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVhywCXI4XE (but it closed down two years ago)

Although my girlfriend and I have some games, I'm not much into fanatic collecting thinking that playing home lacks the social aspects of arcades. I really miss the time where arcades were everywhere. We are gifted to have known that time but we really need to keep the arcade alive and to give it back the place it deserves. Otherwise, youngers will never know about it and soon there will remain nothing more than a bunch of old collectors.

I don't have a candycab, just a plain old big black metal UK MVS cabinet (it's 18 years old but it still works so). But again, I just like to play the games (even if I'm a dick at most of them) not especially collect them. I always enjoy discovering new games, unfortunately I have to go to London or Tokyo to find them. In Belgium, only the seaside welcomes some of the new titles but I keep pushing other operators to invest in new games (with limited success since pushers and cranes bring in much more money).

I hope to meet great fellows here to talk and share ideas... Unlike most new members, I'm not interested in the marketplace.
John James Pacinelli
Loving SSFIV

Post by John James Pacinelli »

Favorite
Piece(s): Bubble Bobble
Why It Is My Favorite: This game never gets old and is always highly enjoyable.

WELCOME NOMAX :awe:
Vagina
danscu
Please Continue...
eBay: danscu1

Post by danscu »

Hi I'm Dan from Bournemouth. Always loved the arcade scene but only fairly recently bought my first machines, a Konami Racing Force and a Jamma Cabinet. I've joined this forum as I am interested to learn more about these Candy cabs and the scene, as I only had experience of wooden jamma cabs when I was growing up. This might need a new topic somewhere but what are the pros/cons of Candys vs Woody Cabs?
Cheers
Dan
Wanted:
Baseball Stars 2 MVS
Baseball 2020 MVS
Ace Driver (Namco) PCB
panzeroceania
Please Continue...
eBay: panzer0688
Initials: TDL

Post by panzeroceania »

Hi, I'm Panzer Oceania, my real name is Tim Lawrence and I live in Salem, OR -- USA

I have always been a video game fanatic, and over the last few years, an arcade game fanatic too (I grew up playing arcade games but didn't really get seriously into it until a few years ago) I never has the money to be able to invest in actual arcade hardware until now, but now I'm looking to collect a variety of mainly Sega arcade boards, and hopefully even get a Candy Cab of my own too.

I am VERY new to all the hardware though, so I'm still learning all that is required. I know that in the JVS standard, you use VGA to plug into the monitors, but what kind of connection is used in JAMMA configurations to plug into a 15 khz or 24khz monitor? I have a 15khz sony RGB monitor, but it's not an arcade monitor, it takes BNC connectors in the back but I figure as long as the arcade boards are outputting RGB, I could make some sort of JAMMA --> BNC adaptor until I can get myself a proper arcade monitor/cab with monitor.
myuniversallove

Post by myuniversallove »

welcome to the forum! and the wonderfull world of arcade gaming!
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Nomax wrote:Hi there!

I'm Nomax from Arcade Belgium.

You may have seen me in movies like "Stop shaking my joystick this way", "Deadly rotating screener" or "Knights of the round Pac-Man cocktail table" which broadcast numerous times on National Neo-Geographics.

TadCool
'Slayer'
eBay: Daicombo
Initials: RAF

Post by TadCool »

Hey guys. I'm new here (of course), so before start posting in other sections/threads, I decided to introduce myself. My name is Tad and English is not my native language - pardon me for any ugly grammatical error you may find in my posts. ;)

I live in Japan and am just starting with the whole candy cab subject. I have being playing on Japanese cabs since 2001 (when I first came to Japan), but never though about or felt the urge to have my own cab(s) since few months ago; It was when I found by accident some pics on the web of an arcade game collector and -- woah! -- the guys had three candy cabs in his room! How cool is that? :shock: The cab-bug has bitten me, I caught the fever, and now I'm here. :)

I'm planning to buy some cabs in the near future and would love to be part of the community for help, suggestions and... more help? I don't know, it's a totally new world to me and I'm loving every second! :lol:

Hope to talk to all of you soon.

Respectfully,
Tad
Candy Cabs 4 Life.
gundarN
Officially Special
Initials: guN

Post by gundarN »

I'm known round these parts as gundarN. Hell. o.
yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai »

Hi Mr. gundarN :wave:

and welcome mr TadCool.

Last edited by yosai on February 14th, 2010, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

gundarN wrote:Image
It's time for the gundarN show...
Say hello to my little friend...
gundarN
Officially Special

Post by gundarN »

andygeezer wrote:
It's time for the gundarN show...
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :?
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Hi darn, what took you so long :lol:
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

Post by Lordstar »

i'm sorry but who are you? Name does not ring a bell :awe:
New ketsui tee avaliable for sale here http://tinyurl.com/5t8yrjr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.karoshidrop.com its a work in progress
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!
eBay: gargoyle1967

Post by gargoyle67 »

Hi gundarN, Still into your R-types ? :awe: :awe:
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
gundarN
Officially Special

Post by gundarN »

gargoyle67 wrote:Hi gundarN, Still into your R-types ? :awe: :awe:
Quality when made and still quality now.
Nice to hear from you guys.
gargoyle67
The movie topic guy!
eBay: gargoyle1967

Post by gargoyle67 »

Tru dat 8-)
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

HI darN,

Great to see you around d00d! 8-)

Cheers,

Ralph.