Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
tuxdude
Please Continue...
Initials: NJG

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by tuxdude »

So I guess I should say hi.

I'm Nathan, I'm from New Zealand and currently I'm studying at uni mainly but also working on the side as an arcade operator at a local bowling alley.
My own personal interest with arcade machines started around 3 odd years ago a little while after I got into retro gaming and I quickly fell in love with the idea of arcade gaming as well as arcade gaming hardware. It wasn't until around a month ago that I actually got my first real chance to work with arcade games when I scored a job as an arcade operator at a local bowling alley and arcade place. My first project involved restoring a rather battered DDR Third Mix machine which is now up and running with OpenITG.

Now currently I have around 6 to 7 universal candy cab type units which are unused. Their conditions vary with some having wonky buttons, some being completely empty and others having a really weird mix of hardware. I managed to get two machines out running a Namco System 256 with Gundam VS Gundam NEXT and those are working fine but I still have quite a few cabs to get up and running with the hardware I have (that hardware being a Sega Sammy Atomiswave, a Namco System 369, a bunch of weird custom built pcs that are most certainly not arcade hardware or arcade pc builds, a Taito F3 with puzzle bobble 3 and a Neo Geo which needs a few fixes)

Anyways I'm glad to be here! Hope to see you round!
LegoYoda
eBay: neomonster
Initials: AGD

Post by LegoYoda »

Welcome. SOunds like you've been sucked in to the world of candies rather quickly
Alec
----------------------------------------
Owning a Blast City: Fixing and Repairing -http://retrogamingstuff.wordpress.com/
khamryn
Please Continue...
Initials: KAY

Post by khamryn »

Hi Everyone. I just tonight purchase my first Jamma (CPSIII) and am super excited :D . I come here to gain more knowledge and friends as I fall deeper into this rabbit hole. :lol:
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

tuxdude wrote:So I guess I should say hi.

I'm Nathan, I'm from New Zealand and currently I'm studying at uni mainly but also working on the side as an arcade operator at a local bowling alley.
My own personal interest with arcade machines started around 3 odd years ago a little while after I got into retro gaming and I quickly fell in love with the idea of arcade gaming as well as arcade gaming hardware. It wasn't until around a month ago that I actually got my first real chance to work with arcade games when I scored a job as an arcade operator at a local bowling alley and arcade place. My first project involved restoring a rather battered DDR Third Mix machine which is now up and running with OpenITG.

Now currently I have around 6 to 7 universal candy cab type units which are unused. Their conditions vary with some having wonky buttons, some being completely empty and others having a really weird mix of hardware. I managed to get two machines out running a Namco System 256 with Gundam VS Gundam NEXT and those are working fine but I still have quite a few cabs to get up and running with the hardware I have (that hardware being a Sega Sammy Atomiswave, a Namco System 369, a bunch of weird custom built pcs that are most certainly not arcade hardware or arcade pc builds, a Taito F3 with puzzle bobble 3 and a Neo Geo which needs a few fixes)

Anyways I'm glad to be here! Hope to see you round!
Working as an arcade operator? Living the dream my friend :D . Interested in those universal candy cabs. You should post pics!
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

khamryn wrote:Hi Everyone. I just tonight purchase my first Jamma (CPSIII) and am super excited :D . I come here to gain more knowledge and friends as I fall deeper into this rabbit hole. :lol:
Welcome! You should get one of those CPS3 SuperBios Carts that allow you to play all CPS3 games off the one cart.
khamryn
Please Continue...
Initials: KAY

Post by khamryn »

Great advice, but my seller provide me with one with the purchase!!!! It great since I don't need to worry about the suicide battery going out on me 8-)
tronerrr
Please Continue...
eBay: tronerrr

Post by tronerrr »

Hi guys.
I'm from Spain and I recently bought myself one old New Net City.
I was an arcade addict during the 1980's, 1990's..... and I think this forum the best site for my addiction :lol:
LaTraille
Please Continue...
eBay: DeadCat

Post by LaTraille »

Hello,

I'm from Montréal in Canada and started getting addicted when I purchased my supergun last year.
I now have a small collection of IGS, Atomiswave, CPSII and NeoGeo games. I'd like to get a Taito F3 soon.
I wish I had room to get a candy cab and a pinball machine... :(
63david63
Please Continue...
eBay: Arcenciel0

Post by 63david63 »

Hi
My name is david ! I m 43 years old
I love shmups like cave raizing
I have a egret2 to play
Thanks
zeroality
Please Continue...

Post by zeroality »

Ahoy Arcade Gamers!

My name is Brian, "B" for short. I'm a 24-year old hobbyist who lives in Indianapolis, IN. I'll soon be joining the cab club with you guys!

I'm looking to do some cab restorations, I LOVE fighting / arcade games.

Nice to meet you all!
Lazyace
eBay: Lazyace1980
Initials: BRK

Post by Lazyace »

Hi all

New to these parts! It's been a while since I've had a cabinet. Used to restore and build back in the day as well as consolize MVS units. Thinking of picking up my first Candy Cab. Good to be here :)
softolli
Please Continue...
eBay: softolli

Post by softolli »

Hi all,
After I have sold my WeChe OK Baby several years ago it tickles me to buy another Candy Cab, thats why I am here :-)
I am from Cologne, Germany.
Cheers
Olli
Nikalou
Please Continue...
eBay: online_dave

Post by Nikalou »

Hi all!

My name is Dave and I've been into arcades for about a year now. I got into the scene by helping some friends move their machines to conventions and decided I'd like to have some in my home. My first candy cab is the New Astro City - I love it! A friend recently sold me 2 Blast City cabinets since he did not want to move them across the country. I discovered this forum while looking to purchase some marquees for them. The 3 of them form a pretty nice line in the front room.. now I just need some stools to go with them..

I'm interested to see other setups and what boards I should be on the lookout for. My favorite PCB that I have now is Battletoads.
Arrakis
Please Continue...

Post by Arrakis »

Hey guy I'm new here and looking forward​ to asking a bunch of newb questions about the Naomi Net City cab I just bought! :awe:
mauler
Please Continue...
eBay: troy5.7

Post by mauler »

Hi All my name is Troy,

I have been into arcade games since high school and i have always had a keen interest in emulation and arcade machines. I have 3 machines an Egret 2, Lai lowboy and a cabinet I made. I primarily use Mame and i also have a few neogeo boards and games. I have found this forum to be very helpful and a very interesting read. Hopefully i can also assist people along the way too :)
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Welcome all!!! Enjoy the stay, good people around here! :D
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

More people from the US :D . Definitely needed here for some good diversity between regions. Welcome guys!
WereWolf04
Please Continue...
eBay: Legremlins_Keitaro

Post by WereWolf04 »

Hi, I'm Seb, hope I can help and get help ;)
tomiii
Please Continue...

Post by tomiii »

retrogamer593 wrote:Hi guys. I'm from Austria and I recently bought myself an Astro City.
Now I'm in the midst of setting this thing up, and I think this forum here is the right place for me :D
I am from Austria too :D
Where are you located ?
aj23fan
Please Continue...
eBay: doyle9806

Post by aj23fan »

Hi all, names Rob, love arcade games! Simple as that!