Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
Kold666
eBay: kold666

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Kold666 »

My name us Corrado from Italy. Spend too much money in this passion :D
geosnow
eBay: g3osnow

Post by geosnow »

not just money: time!
AeroCityMayor
Previously alien_mame
eBay: air_fortless
Initials: ACM

Post by AeroCityMayor »

Kold666 wrote:My name us Corrado from Italy. Spend too much money in this passion :D
Welcome buddy!
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

geosnow wrote:not just money: time!
After fixing and restoring here and there, which is a lot of fun, there sadly remains not enough free time to actually play our beloved games... Or at least that is how it goes for me so far. :lol:
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
jamiro
Please Continue...

Post by jamiro »

Located in Australia, Into Cave shmups (MAME), and MVS and PGM stuff.
TJB
Please Continue...
eBay: tjbmelbourne
Initials: TJB

Post by TJB »

I too am from Australia!

And I too am into cave shmups (but raizing holds a special place in my heart) however I have a death wish on my bank account and wouldn't mind snagging a few more pcb's here and there. I'm far more proficient in Pop'n Music (up to 41's in old rating) and IIDX (djt kaiden AAA'ed a fair chunk of 12's as of pendual) than I am shmups, but after a long break from them I'd like to play catch up.

Long time lurker here, was pointed in this direction as I'm looking to reacquire a Progear board (amongst many other items), I told myself last year I'd regret selling it. Here I am, kicking myself!
Sp33dFr34k
eBay: 3d_collector

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Welcome all! :)
TJB wrote:Long time lurker here, was pointed in this direction as I'm looking to reacquire a Progear board (amongst many other items), I told myself last year I'd regret selling it. Here I am, kicking myself!
Here you go:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=33075

:awe:
Gontrollez
Please Continue...
Initials: Gon

Post by Gontrollez »

Hi everyone, I'm Gonzalo from Bilbao, Spain.

I like everything arcade. I have some PCBs and a Sigma Raijin supergun. Currently I play mainly Tetris the Grandmaster and Tetris the Grandmaster 2 Plus. I'd like to own a candy cabinet, maybe some day I will.
TJB
Please Continue...
eBay: tjbmelbourne
Initials: TJB

Post by TJB »

Sp33dFr34k wrote:Welcome all! :)
TJB wrote:Long time lurker here, was pointed in this direction as I'm looking to reacquire a Progear board (amongst many other items), I told myself last year I'd regret selling it. Here I am, kicking myself!
Here you go:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=33075

:awe:
Bahaha, shameless I love it. Unfortunately mate I need an a-board too :P
lowbrass
Please Continue...

Post by lowbrass »

Hi Im Mark.

Been collecting for the past few years and hoping to learn some new things about candy cabs
Aithos
Please Continue...
eBay: Aithosrds
Initials: BAH

Post by Aithos »

Hi,

My name is Rory, I'm a long time online gamer and collector of retro gaming systems. I have always loved arcade games and plan to have a number of them when I have a house of my own but for now have a single empty cabinet waiting for an original Bubble Bobble board.

I'm hoping to learn more and decide what other games I'd like to have. Right now I'm leaning toward an MVS cabinet and one other game to go with the Bubble Bobble and a MAME machine.

I recently started getting interested in pinball as well so I'm fast running out of future space! Lol. I've lurked here a bit over the last six months but figured it was time I registered and introduced myself.
Lihinian
Please Continue...
eBay: lihinian6

Post by Lihinian »

Hi Everyone,

I am Matthew for the Netherlands.
The reason I signed up is because I've been getting more and more into arcade gaming.
I've just about completed my console collection, and would like to finally venture into the world of cabs.

These are the consoles I have:
AV Famicom
PC-Engine Duo
MegaDrive
Super Famicom
Sega Saturn
N64
PS2
Wii
gb+gbc

I'm mainly into Psikyo shmups and games with amazing soundtracks such as Ico,Shadow of the Colossus,Cave Story, FFVI and Fez.
On the lookout for a nice condition astro or blast city. But I'm taking my time to learn more first.
Sikleflaming
Please Continue...

Post by Sikleflaming »

Hey all!

My name is Brent, and I'm from Washington DC stateside! I'm a super huge fighting game nerd (SNK 4 LYFE although I have a soft spot for the old capcom fighters). It's been my dream ever since I was a kid to have an arcade, and I finally saved up enough money to start working on a build (split between splurging on a candy cab or putting the Neo Geo MVS I already own into a big red)! So, figured I'd register here to get some advice and meet the community.

I love KoF, Samurai Shodown, and Street Fighter Alpha 3, but I've also been known to enjoy a round or two of metal slug. Outside of my arcade hobby, I love to cook, and I'm currently working as a medical assistant in a gap year before I begin medical school. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and getting involved in the community!
jvac
Initials: JVC

Post by jvac »

Hi my name is Joe, from Southern California.

Love arcades and video games, obviously

Bought my first candy cab when I was 19, Sega Astro City for like $200 (minor cosmetic damage, no locks, monitor problems, needed a new control panel). I fixed the monitor and sold it for $350 to get a Disneyland Pass and regretted selling it ever since.

I am now 25 looking to start fresh!
SuperGoataku
eBay: r05sco
Initials: RMB

Post by SuperGoataku »

Hi there,
I'm Ross, Scotland originally. Now based in Nottinghamshire, UK. Recently back from trip to Japan, played loads of amazing cabs. Loved the Candys. Looking for the usual suspects : Egret II, Astro City, Blast City, NAC. Would love one of each! :P
Built a few MAME cabs, play consoles, emulation, figures, books. Attend all the retro events round the U.K. too. Pretty much if it's videogame related, I'm in.
teksound
Please Continue...

Post by teksound »

Hi,
my name is Michael i from Belgium and i hem novice ine the arcabe world,i have ed buy my fist cabinet in 2 week last,naomi universal cabinet.

Thx

Tek
Kwoken
Please Continue...

Post by Kwoken »

Hi,

I'm Mike. I was born in Hong Kong and grew up in the North West of England. Was a massive fan of the arcades from the 80s on. I used to be a regular in arcades in Manchester and would make trips out to Southpool and Blackpool.

I've owned a couple of JAMMA boards in the past (Super Contra and Bloody Wolf/Battle Rangers), but was mainly a console gamer at home, went through various gaming phases and got myself into game dev (which I've been doing for over 20 years...).

I like the Candy cabs (and I only recently discovered that term for them!), and I'm starting to research getting one of my own now I have a bit of space in the new home. REALLY like the look of a Vewlix, though I'm thinking a new 1080p rotatable display, with a PC setup for convenience. I love some of the homemade projects some folk have done, but as much as I like the idea, it'd be tough to find the time (2 kids!). Looking forward to finding out more and getting setup =)
ErnieSHG
Please Continue...
eBay: https://www.ebay.de/usr/tpsd

Post by ErnieSHG »

Hi, I´m Björn from Germany and I´m "arcade-addicted" over years and years.
barties
Please Continue...

Post by barties »

Hello, i'm bart from belguim and also addicted.
Robbttf
Please Continue...
Initials: ROB

Post by Robbttf »

Hi everyone

My name is Robin and I've just got my first Candy Cab.
I've always wanted one, but I'm not very tech savvy about them so just a warning that I will likely have a lot of questions!

Thanks!