Forum questions, suggestions and bugs.

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Re: Forum questions, suggestions and bugs.

Post by cools »

Its already gone ;)
BinaryKiller333
Please Continue...
Initials: BK3

Post by BinaryKiller333 »

why cant I open a topic at either any of the forums?I had a serious question about building a new cab, and I heard about this place, but it doesnt seem as if there is even a option to open a post at any of the forums....
Im not a newbie on the internet,but hell, this is just creepy...
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

It would be nice to have tapatalk compatibiity.
PurplePonyArcade
Please Continue...
eBay: Ask
Initials: SGG

Post by PurplePonyArcade »

Excuse me. I am still a bit young and dumb to this place. I would like to discuss a certain board(Naomi) and stuff I need for it but I have not found where yet. I did not want to make a new thread without making sure if one did not already exist and I do not see one as of now and I feel a bit confused(which may be a personal issue but still). I apologize for the dumb question and would appreciate any help given. Thank you.
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

You could make a thread in the game hardware q & a area. If it's really random and you don't want to make a thread then maybe post it in the 'random ferts' thread in off topic.
PurplePonyArcade
Please Continue...
eBay: Ask
Initials: SGG

Post by PurplePonyArcade »

Its not, I am just kind of new here. Thank you for the reply.
invzim
eBay: prrole

Post by invzim »

cools wrote:
Upload them. If any requests for copyright removal come along we can remove them. Space is a concern but that is for us to worry about when it becomes low.

Try and keep it on topic though. We don't need data sheets for chips, but game schematics are good.
Can we reconsider? I want to move all the stuff from pcbotaku and kill it in the process..
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

How much volume we talking about?
invzim
eBay: prrole

Post by invzim »

cools wrote:How much volume we talking about?
Hard to say, not massive I think - and I would be surprised if it's more than a 100, and unless some person finds personal interest in spamming the wiki with no relevance just because it's a "datasheet" I think it should be very manageable.
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

Go for it. Happy to bulk upload if required, might take some time to get around to it though.
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

I would say a rough rule could be defined as follows: "upload a datasheet only if it's either rare to find (as some memories, audio amplifiers or custom parts are) or one of a kind (CPUs, video DACs, RAMs, etc.). No TTL ICs unless they are rare like the 74LS201."
@Cools: maybe you can complement that with a "let's try and keep it withing xxxMB"?
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

I don't really have the knowledge to say yay/nay to that. If it's been part of PCBOtaku then I'd assume it has purpose for our hobby, so all of it should be fine.
NoAffinity
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG

Starting a new thread, adding to repair logs

Post by NoAffinity »

Admittedly, I did not read all 56 pages of this thread, so apologize if this is addressed back on page 25 or somesuch. I also didn't see this addressed in the forum rules. Probably a dumb question, but how does one start a new thread? Hopefully I'm just being dense and not seeing it while it's right in front of my face.

And, actually the reason I wanted to start a new thread is to ask how to post a new entry to the CPS-1 repair logs. I recently repaired muffled, almost inaudible at full volume (although slightly audible) audio on a CPS-1 SF2 World Warrior board. One repair log here I believe details repairing cold solder joints at the sound amp and putting a heat sink on it, which was never installed from the factory. Other repair logs address replacing caps and replacing the Z80 (the latter only if there is no audio whatsoever). I had to replace the amp on my A board. Would like to add a brief summary of this on the AO CPS-1 repair logs, hopefully it could be helpful to others.
Spectre
By Spectre
eBay: spectre-uk
Initials: JIM

Post by Spectre »

Could email notification for PMs be set to ON by default for new accounts? From a marketplace perspective, noobs not knowing they've got a PM comes up quite often.
Missile5
Please Continue...
eBay: buzz939

Post by Missile5 »

It annoys me when people are selling arcade pcbs and they don't post photos. They should be compulsory. All that happens is me (or someone like me) then has to message them and ask to see photos. Compulsory photos would smooth the whole buying/selling process somewhat. Also people should have to state region of board and confirm if its working or not, has had repair, or if is a bootleg or original. Give as much information as you can, again it will smooth the buying/selling process.

What does everyone else think?
SuperPang
Master or universe
eBay: *_*
Initials: JOE

Post by SuperPang »

Yet another pain in the **** to enforce but perhaps not a bad idea. :think:

Discuss.
cools
Armed Police Buttrider

Post by cools »

To counter the Wiki spam I've forced a minimum post count to be able to edit the wiki. It's only 10 posts.

Please let us know if there are pages currently vandalised so we can fix them.
mufunyo
eBay: mufunyo
Initials: MUF

Post by mufunyo »

Missile5 wrote:It annoys me when people are selling arcade pcbs and they don't post photos. They should be compulsory. All that happens is me (or someone like me) then has to message them and ask to see photos. Compulsory photos would smooth the whole buying/selling process somewhat. Also people should have to state region of board and confirm if its working or not, has had repair, or if is a bootleg or original. Give as much information as you can, again it will smooth the buying/selling process.

On Tetrisconcept we have these rules:

- Any faults or other deviations from a reasonably assumed expected condition must be clearly described.
- Repairs or modifications to the item must be clearly described.
- If a buyer asks for pictures, you must supply them in the thread publicly.
Missile5
Please Continue...
eBay: buzz939

Post by Missile5 »

mufunyo wrote:
Missile5 wrote:It annoys me when people are selling arcade pcbs and they don't post photos. They should be compulsory. All that happens is me (or someone like me) then has to message them and ask to see photos. Compulsory photos would smooth the whole buying/selling process somewhat. Also people should have to state region of board and confirm if its working or not, has had repair, or if is a bootleg or original. Give as much information as you can, again it will smooth the buying/selling process.

On Tetrisconcept we have these rules:

- Any faults or other deviations from a reasonably assumed expected condition must be clearly described.
- Repairs or modifications to the item must be clearly described.
- If a buyer asks for pictures, you must supply them in the thread publicly.
Those are good rules although I would say posting some photos of the board should be compulsory in the first place
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

Imo just a photo is more useful than those rules. Not every collector is a "Collector" and they may not know that information. When I've bought PCBs I've usually just plugged them in and been happy they work. It's only when selling them I end up learning about all the stuff that degrailed them. :roll: