Help on repairing/swapping Blast City Nanao monitor

For monitor related issues
fubarduck
Please Continue...
eBay: fubarduck

Re: Help on repairing/swapping Blast City Nanao monitor

Post by fubarduck »

throneofwolves wrote:
fubarduck wrote:Got my new chassis today. I've never done a chassis swap before, can anyone link me to a good guide for this?
Any chance you'd be willing to post some pics of it running in 15k once you've installed the new chassis? It would be a great help to see the results since I'm considering buying a Blast City and replacing the chassis seems to be an unavoidable issue.

Anyway, best of luck with the swap.
I actually already have a Blast City with the Wei-ya chassis, but I only run it in 31khz (in my shipment of Blast City cabs from early 2009, one cab had a Wei-ya already). The geometry on it is a little subpar, but regardless, I'll try to get a snapshot of Gundam running in 15khz on a Blast for you.

Thanks zorahk for linking the guide, that's just what I needed. Will be doing the swap tonight.
throneofwolves

Post by throneofwolves »

fubarduck wrote:I actually already have a Blast City with the Wei-ya chassis, but I only run it in 31khz (in my shipment of Blast City cabs from early 2009, one cab had a Wei-ya already). The geometry on it is a little subpar, but regardless, I'll try to get a snapshot of Gundam running in 15khz on a Blast for you.

Thanks zorahk for linking the guide, that's just what I needed. Will be doing the swap tonight.
Thanks man, much appreciated.
I need not...the NORMALS!
fubarduck
Please Continue...

Post by fubarduck »

Embarrassingly, there was nothing wrong with my original chassis. As I removed the bezel to remove the monitor, I notice that the plugs on the bottom underneath the bezel on the front of the monitor were not plugged in. I had unplugged them several weeks before I replaced the capacitor and forgotten their existence. I plugged them back in, and with the new cap, the monitor works fine and is back to normal brightness at both 15k and 31k (thanks Grantspain). There is a strange artifact on the upper 1/4th of the screen where there seems to be a large, horizontal white stripe, but it only appears when the screen is completely dark or black. It doesn't detract from the game play, so I wouldn't bother fixing something so small but I am curious as to why that happened.

On the plus side, I have an extra Blast City chassis now for if one of my chassis really does bite the dust--or, if anyone's interested, I can simply sell them this brand new unopened Blast City chassis for what I paid. Note this is the chassis from Highway Amusements, so it's a Wei-ya chassis.
Last edited by fubarduck on December 7th, 2009, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

i would like to see a photo of the white line you describe,glad it all works btw
fubarduck
Please Continue...

Post by fubarduck »

Interestingly, I tested a couple of other boards and basically the monitor is still very dim when going through Jamma for video, but when using VGA for video the picture is fully bright. Both 15k and 31k are perfect through VGA.

Do I perhaps need to unplug the VGA cable from the monitor when using Jamma video, or would that make a difference?
zorahk
AO Awards 2009 Winner

Post by zorahk »

Are you even supposed to run 15k through the ms2930 VGA port?
I thought that could damage it.
хорошо!
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

and this is a nanao ms2931 or ms2930 or wei ya 666b1?
zorahk
AO Awards 2009 Winner

Post by zorahk »

It's a 2930 he said.
хорошо!
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

dil switches for impedence or frequency on the remote board
tpaclassic

Post by tpaclassic »

fubarduck wrote:On the plus side, I have an extra Blast City chassis now for if one of my chassis really does bite the dust--or, if anyone's interested, I can simply sell them this brand new unopened Blast City chassis for what I paid. Note this is the chassis from Highway Amusements, so it's a Wei-ya chassis.
Would you still happen to have this chassis available? If so, would you ship to Tampa, FL US?

Thanks!
zorahk
AO Awards 2009 Winner

Post by zorahk »

I have a hardly used (bought new, I've had for less than 5 months) real nanao ms2931 osd original blast city monitor chassis.

I am asking 375gpb or 600usd incl shipping. If that's too pricey make me an offer.
хорошо!