Trusting "repaired" LOPTs

For monitor related issues
Mellor
Please Continue...
Initials: MEL

Trusting "repaired" LOPTs

Post by Mellor »

Looking in another cab before attemting to fire it up I seem to have a serious blob of glue attached to the LOPT, lol. How much should I trust this before firing it up. Keep it this way until it dies? Or do something about it? Quite a costly part on a 28" monitor. Its not the same monitor as before. I'm not sure what it is but it is in a Time Crisis. They are hard to see properely. It may be another polo missing its metal casing around the PS section. I would need to pull it out to confirm.
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Trusting "repaired" LOPTs

Post by grantspain »

probably like you say an early polo without the psu cage,as for the lopti-fire it up and see what happens
Mellor
Please Continue...
Initials: MEL

Re: Trusting "repaired" LOPTs

Post by Mellor »

Yeah it is a Polo without a cage. It did a bit of crackling and smoking to begin with, maybe damp. But it works perfectly fine. Unfortunately both gameboards I have for it give me the same graphical glitches, like a Neo cartridge not in right. Both gameboards were sold to me as working and I believe both sellers. All connections seem fine though its weird. For instance the time crisis logo, number of bullets remaining, the sea etcc. Will often have lines missing horizontally running through them. And logos appear with purple boxes round them. Just garbled like a rom problem or like an incorrectly inserted cart.

The other Polo Star monitor has its e/w board in and it has held the picture steady. Things on screen look too green and the black almost looks red. But its much better and just needs a bit of tweaking. Cheers, prob sold. Again though the bloody gameboard, Total Vice, is giving hardware error now! One step forward, two back! All fun and games!