anyone put a Toshi PF in a Blast yet ?

For monitor related issues
Jan
EU trade negotiator
eBay: voll gerne

anyone put a Toshi PF in a Blast yet ?

Post by Jan »

if so, i would love to see some Pictures. Since my MS2931 is dead for good and i can`t to find a proper replacement chassis, this seems like my only option in combination with the RS filler Frame.

thx
Jan
ain't got no realestateorjewelryoranyofthat
zak
Acetated
eBay: NA

Re: anyone put a Toshi PF in a Blast yet ?

Post by zak »

Have you tried sending the chassis to grantspain?
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

Have you tried using the PFX chasis and yoke with the 2931 tube? Not sure if that is even possible, but with fit nicer with the real frame.
Does anyone know where to fix 2931 chasis?
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

I don't repair ms2931 chassis, too time consuming
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

grantspain wrote:I don't repair ms2931 chassis, too time consuming
Fair enough ;) :thumbup:
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

grantspain wrote:I don't repair ms2931 chassis, too time consuming
Being a little bit selfish here, but a thread about this monitor and how can people deal with it, like a list of points to check, where is the most common failures, important tools for these, something like that would be awesome :lol: I wouldn't mind paying for that.
zak
Acetated

Post by zak »

I think grantspain has contributed A LOT of info like that in a dozen threads already :)
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

zak wrote:I think grantspain has contributed A LOT of info like that in a dozen threads already :)
True, didn't want to imply the opposite. I just meant that now that he is not servicing them, because they are too time consuming, imagine for "mere mortals".
Cycl0ne
Please Continue...

Post by Cycl0ne »

I put a Flat Tube into Blast, and i can tell you, it wont fit with the bezel. The Problem is, the tube sticks abit out.. so even a filler wont help.

At the moment im trying to convert a 31khz sanwa semi curved to trisync. since the sanwa are the ones with the most compatible tube for all sorts of chassis (Pentronics, Rodotron, wei-ya).

Another option: sell your blast as spare and get yourself a new on from ronni. he has some blasts with 2930 chassis.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

interessting. thank you.

did you use the Monitor Frame from the Blast City on the flat Tube ?
Cycl0ne
Please Continue...

Post by Cycl0ne »

it has its own sega frame. no need to switch. but dont you own an egret 3 with flat screen? pull it out and test it yourself on the blast. Or the New Net City, would also go. the later one has the sega frame, the egret 3 should also have it afaik.
Jan
EU trade negotiator

Post by Jan »

no, i`m asking because the frame from the Toshi might be different and that might be the reason why you can not fit the bezel.

Tube sticking out is odd, there should be a gap.
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

zumbito wrote:
zak wrote:I think grantspain has contributed A LOT of info like that in a dozen threads already :)
True, didn't want to imply the opposite. I just meant that now that he is not servicing them, because they are too time consuming, imagine for "mere mortals".
Some brave soul who would search into this subforum for all such information, categorize it on a per model basis and then put it up into the wiki would earn everybody's love in here.
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

Asayuki wrote:
zumbito wrote:
Some brave soul who would search into this subforum for all such information, categorize it on a per model basis and then put it up into the wiki would earn everybody's love in here.
:lol: I honestly wish I had the knowledge to do so. I try to read everything I can in this subforum, specially for 2931. But to write something in the wiki, you really have to master the topic,and I am a noob at best, often I can't even follow. I could copy paste all what Grant says, but without the logic behind it, it can hardly be useful, otherwise you get errors such as wrong cap lists and so on (you put in what you take out :P ).
Cycl0ne
Please Continue...

Post by Cycl0ne »

Jan wrote:no, i`m asking because the frame from the Toshi might be different and that might be the reason why you can not fit the bezel.
Tube sticking out is odd, there should be a gap.
There is no Gap. I had a look, the Flat Tosh Tube mountings for the frame is more into the tube than a semi curved. this is why the flat tube is about 1cm out of the blast and this is why the bezel cant be fitted. And since they are soldered to the tube....
If i find time, i can make some pictures to show the dilemma.
But maybe i have a different. My replacement tube is a egret3 tube which fits perfectly into an egret3, maybe the sega new net city tosh pf, fits better with such a gap.

@Jan, you have a tosh PF in your stock?
Last edited by Cycl0ne on June 12th, 2017, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cycl0ne
Please Continue...

Post by Cycl0ne »

zumbito wrote: :lol: I honestly wish I had the knowledge to do so. I try to read everything I can in this subforum, specially for 2931. But to write something in the wiki, you really have to master the topic,and I am a noob at best, often I can't even follow. I could copy paste all what Grant says, but without the logic behind it, it can hardly be useful, otherwise you get errors such as wrong cap lists and so on (you put in what you take out :P ).
No problem, if i find time im updateing the wiki. Already did it with the 2930 Chassis and cables from my topic. when i got the 2930 working i will also update the pots/trimmer list on the wiki for the 2930.
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

I do agree that it sounds like a daunting task. That's why it requires a brave soul.
I did not mean to address anyone specific into doing it, so please don't feel targeted by my two cents.
Imho a list of possible symptoms and links to threads where useful information has been provided on each specific symptom should be easy enough and would surely be a good start. The beauty of a wiki is that others can chip in and provide more info, or refine the information into a more usable format.
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
zumbito

Post by zumbito »

Cycl0ne wrote:
zumbito wrote: :lol: I honestly wish I had the knowledge to do so. I try to read everything I can in this subforum, specially for 2931. But to write something in the wiki, you really have to master the topic,and I am a noob at best, often I can't even follow. I could copy paste all what Grant says, but without the logic behind it, it can hardly be useful, otherwise you get errors such as wrong cap lists and so on (you put in what you take out :P ).
No problem, if i find time im updateing the wiki. Already did it with the 2930 Chassis and cables from my topic. when i got the 2930 working i will also update the pots/trimmer list on the wiki for the 2930.
Great! Just realized my comment was quite off topic, sorry Jan for hijacking your thread.