Need some help with a Nanao MS8-26su

For monitor related issues
TheTardis
Please Continue...
Need some help with a Nanao MS8-26su

Post by TheTardis »

Hi all,

I bought two Aero City cabs a few years back that were in rough shape. Only one had the original MS8 in it, and the colors always looked wonky. I took the chassis to a local repair shop and the tech told me that it was fine. He had a test bench setup and showed me a color test that looked perfect. I got home and reinstalled it to the same results.

The tech had me bring the tube and chassis on my next visit. He said the tube was older, but rejuvenated it and that it was fine. He again showed me the same test pattern on the monitor and it looked good. I once again got the monitor home, resinstalled it, and got the same results.

I've tried all my boards with color tests and they all look ok, but once the games start they look overly blue/red. Even with the green turned up high, the image still has a very bright blue hue and the yellow displays overly bright.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Am I getting taken for a ride by this tech? This has been an on and off project for two years now and I just want to use the machine.

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rossyra
Supermod

Re: Need some help with a Nanao MS8-26su

Post by Rossyra »

It looks and sounds like a dirty RBIAS pot on the chassis. Take note of where it's set, then try cyclong it backwards and forwards a few times.
Asayuki
Please Continue...

Post by Asayuki »

Did you also bring over the remote board where the pots for RGB adjustment are located?
My 15kHz cabinet Peplos will never power up, with any item, and I am quite proud of that.
mastercello
eBay: mastercello
Initials: BUS

Post by mastercello »

MS8-26 do not have a remote board, unlike MS9-29
TheTardis
Please Continue...

Post by TheTardis »

I tried the r bias pot and it's still the same. This model doesn't have a remote board, the pots are located on the chassis right below the monitor, so you can reach in and adjust them...unless I'm missing another set of adjustments somewhere?
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

the cut offs are set slightly back from the gain pots
dj_johnnyg
Loves CAVE

Post by dj_johnnyg »

I had a similar issue with my 14" Sanwa CRTs in the mushi-king cabs. It could be the photos, but the white looks on the "red" side to me in that test pattern.

I managed to fix by marking the position of all the POTs on the chassis & neck board, then with the power off turned all the POTs all the way clockwise and back a couple of times, before re-setting them back to where they were & powering back on.

I also had a dodgy RGB connector (and I managed to plug it into my Naomi Upside down, which still gave a picture, but very odd looking :awe:
Snakes: They're like bits of rope, only angrier.