Screen optimize

For monitor related issues
JimPansenmann
Please Continue...

Screen optimize

Post by JimPansenmann »

Hi all,

need some help please.
im totally new to arcade so please be gentle :)

got a super neo geo 29 and all works fine exept the monitor.
you can see a picture of it.
i can't optimize the screen with the external remotepanel.
what can i do to get a much better sreen ?

thx

image001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RMRM

Re: Screen optimize

Post by RMRM »

You have geometry problems, and since i'm not familiar with that chassis, i can't give you any specific advice, other than the usual caps replacement that always help a little.

Besides geometry, you have a clear convergency problem. You can always minimize this problem with convergency tabs placed behind the yoke. But if you're new to the hobby and don't know exactly what i'm talking about, please google about these concepts first and place your questions after that, since this can be a dangerous procedure due to the high voltage produced by your CRT chassis.

Edit- The convergency i mean is that "bad allignment" of the RGB rays that produce a blurry color, you can see that problem near the corner in your picture. It's also "normal" to experience this problem (not in a severe way) in large CRT tubes like the 29". To be honest, your convergency problem doesn't seem too bad.
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Screen optimize

Post by grantspain »

that discolouration and the small amount of convergence issue points towards the rings being out of alignment