Neo Geo MVS Lordsvale Monitor Problem

For monitor related issues
BigDeadFreak
Please Continue...
Initials: DJS

Neo Geo MVS Lordsvale Monitor Problem

Post by BigDeadFreak »

I have a Neo Geo Lordsvale which has been working fine for many years. However, in recent months the picture has become quite dark. I have zero technical knowledge so I would be totally unable to fix this myself. Does anyone know what the problem could be and, ideally, anyone who could repair it? Needless to say, I'd be more than happy to pay for any work that was done. I live in Brighton in the UK.
Stay a while, stay forever.
thomj
I love Aerosmith and they look great together
Initials: TWJ

Re: Neo Geo MVS Lordsvale Monitor Problem

Post by thomj »

It's most likely that a capacitor or two on the chassis is on the way out or has failed and all the caps need replacing. (non expert, happy to be told I'm wrong) Grant Spain on here would be your man. You'd have to discharge the monitor (carefully) then remove it and ship it off to him. Alternatively when I needed a chassis fixed in a hurry I found a local TV repair guy. He was an older bloke who was actually really excited to work on a CRT like back in the good old days. That obviously saved postage and would also save removing the chassis, I just took in the whole monitor.
BigDeadFreak
Please Continue...
Initials: DJS

Re: Neo Geo MVS Lordsvale Monitor Problem

Post by BigDeadFreak »

Thanks for the reply. I'll have a look through the local area to see if someone could do it as I'd rather not have to ship it off to anyone.
Stay a while, stay forever.