Namco HD Noir (clone) - monitor replacement

For monitor related issues
Sabih
Please Continue...

Namco HD Noir (clone) - monitor replacement

Post by Sabih »

Hey guys,

The stock LCD on my HD Noir clone chops the sides of the image, particularly with a PS4 connected. I've tried figuring out how to adjust the monitor without success (see thread: http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34867)

Here's what it looks like:

I've decided to try to switch the monitor with a 1080p TV. I'm not keen on a hack job, and would only go ahead with this option if I can fit an LCD panel from a TV into the original enclosure. I opened up the enclosure today to see what I was working with:

As you can see, the panel fits very tightly into the enclosure, so I'm concerned that the likelihood that a 32inch TV panel fitting perfectly into the enclosure is very slim. I was initially planning on buying a second TV for a couple of hundred bucks for this, but again, I'm now thinking that it probably wont end up fitting in the enclosure.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Are most 32inch LCD panels created equal, in terms of physical size and thickness? What's the likelihood that a random Samsung or LG TV panel that I pick up second hand will fit?
rufus

Re: Namco HD Noir (clone) - monitor replacement

Post by rufus »

I dont now but seems that there is a small LED connected in the lower right corner.
Is that a Power led or a IR receiver?
Because if is a IR receiver you just need a tv remote to set the screen safe area.
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

That's a TV monitor. You could possibly find out what model it is from the serial.
Sabih
Please Continue...

Post by Sabih »

rufus wrote:I dont now but seems that there is a small LED connected in the lower right corner.
Is that a Power led or a IR receiver?
Because if is a IR receiver you just need a tv remote to set the screen safe area.
Good spotting. You can see the small hole for this in the first pic I posted (lower right hand side of the monitor enclosure. It's not an LED, so may well be an IR receiver.

I could see that the panel was made in Korea, but didn't find any clear model number.
Sabih
Please Continue...

Post by Sabih »

nem wrote:That's a TV monitor. You could possibly find out what model it is from the serial.
How can you tell that it's a TV monitor? It oddly has an aerial input, so you're probably correct.
rufus

Post by rufus »

Sabih wrote:
nem wrote:That's a TV monitor. You could possibly find out what model it is from the serial.
How can you tell that it's a TV monitor? It oddly has an aerial input, so you're probably correct.
Yes, because ot the RF module.
By the way, with the Samsung Galaxy top range series you got an IR transmitter and many app in the Google Play store to try different remote protocol.
So, find a buddy with an IR phone and start playing :D
Londoncalling
Please Continue...

Post by Londoncalling »

I can highly recommend this as a replacement.
Samsung UN32EH4003F they still pop up on EBay brand new. Low Lag :awe: