Samsung monitor / Wei Ya Chassis

For monitor related issues
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Re: Samsung monitor / Wei Ya Chassis

Post by djsniperwolf »

grantspain wrote:if your tube is dual or single focus?
I am assuming dual focus. I have included a picture to verify. In the link provided, does that seem to be a dual focus chassis?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

Yup. That's a dual focus. The two pins in the notch in the socket at bottom right are the indication.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

yes so the chassis you sent the link of is not compatible,unless you swap neck card and flyback over

http://www.happmart.com/Pro_Details.asp ... =2&sid=122

if you tell them the crt socket type and the yoke details they should be able to provide one
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

grantspain wrote:yes so the chassis you sent the link of is not compatible,unless you swap neck card and flyback over

if you tell them the crt socket type and the yoke details they should be able to provide one
I have contacted Alva Amusement. They seem to be out of stock, so I may very well have to order from arcade-game-sales. I am awaiting a call from Alva tomorrow to find out for sure if they are truly out of stock. If so, I will request that arcade-games possibly swap the neck card and flyback. WOrst case, I can do the swap myself, but I am really wanting to use fresh parts :)

Thanks Grant, If it weren't for your help, I would have ordered parts that were incompatible and having no idea how to retrofit it.
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

grantspain wrote:yes so the chassis you sent the link of is not compatible,unless you swap neck card and flyback over

I Contacted Happmart in regards to the chassis. I believe they are on holiday, so it may be a bit before I get a response. I'll post my results.

Thanks!
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

Back to the drawing board... So HAPP does not have the chassis, but they did ask if I wanted the CGA board. I am trying to avoid that so that I can at least display at 640X480.

So my question is, would ordering the board from

https://www.arcade-game-sales.com/arcad ... 869-1.html

be in my best interest? How good are the flybacks and neckboard on the 3129D? Do they tend to go bad? I am concerned about using old parts on a new chassis.

This is quite complicated. I feel like I bought a very expensive headache lol.
Cycl0ne
Please Continue...

Post by Cycl0ne »

Wei-Ya sells them directly to you if you contact them, here my mail 5 days ago, my nanao from my blast city broke so im also looking for replacement:
----
Good day.

For the chassis, we have few in stock, please find below info.

Part no.: C3129DB
-Spec.: HL0.3mH/HR0.5Ω,VL8.3mH/VR5.9Ω,AC100-240V,15K/24K/31KHZ
-Price: US$ 120/pcs
-Package: 1pcs/ctn, 29*33*17cm, 3kgs
-Freight cost: by DHL to door : US$ 65kgs

l Payment: T/T 100% in advance
l Handling charge while amount under US$2,000: $50.0

If any, please be free to contact us anytime, thanks.
Best Regards,
Sandy
sales03@weiya.com.tw
----
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

Thanks! I sent them an e-mail. What is the difference between the C3129D and the M3129D. Are there any inherent differences?

If they do not have the chassis, i may just risk it and order the c3129ds and try to swap out the flyback.

Fingers crossed!
Cycl0ne
Please Continue...

Post by Cycl0ne »

The M3129D is a complete set with CRT.

I have a 3129A / 3129D Chassis here, it wont fit into my blast monitor. its deisgned for astro/egret/... so i will sell it.
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

What is your asking price? Is it dual focus? thanks.
Cycl0ne
Please Continue...

Post by Cycl0ne »

No, its single focus. i will do some pictures and up them.
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

Ok, I was able to source a C3129DB chassis. The chassis seems to be missing a black diode at D12. From the pictures I have looked at, it is a black diode. What diode is this? Hoping that this will work! Thanks

TLDR: Diode is missing at D12, what is the rating of this diode?
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

If anybody can help me with this question, that would be awesome.

I realized that the chassis had been wired incorrectly.... :/ The wires from CN5 and VR11 were mixed up. Unfortunately I just noticed this. Will this cause any damage? Since it is Horizontal, I am assuming possibly HOT damage? Any help please. Thanks!
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

these chassis were modified to different version,whether a diode should be there or not depends on whether it was meant to be there or not-if its a new chassis and the diode is not there then its unlikely it needs it

do you have a photo of which connectors were incorrect
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

The crossed wires were similar to this. [ o x o ] and [ o o o ] coming off of the remote board. they are both 3 pin, but the first has a pin in the first and third slot. So they could be easily mixed up I guess.

I will take a picture first thing in the morning.
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

Phew, i thought you miswired the yoke h/v and fried that. Wires on the remote board don't kill a tube/yoke so that's a bonus right there.

To recap, what are the current symptoms of the monitor/chassis? Does it turn on, do you get a grid?
What combo chassis/tube do you have at this point? Is this a new chassis you were buying, or the original one? Pics will help!
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

Asure wrote:Phew, i thought you miswired the yoke h/v and fried that. Wires on the remote board don't kill a tube/yoke so that's a bonus right there.

To recap, what are the current symptoms of the monitor/chassis? Does it turn on, do you get a grid?
What combo chassis/tube do you have at this point? Is this a new chassis you were buying, or the original one? Pics will help!
Pics coming soon!

I was worried myself. I hadn't noticed until I started to smell a hot electronic burn-up scent. Checked diagrams and noticed the wires were swapped.

I am getting no heater glow, but I am getting a consistent click. My assumption is the chassis trying to lock-on to a frequency? Does the heater not glow until the monitor is locked on?
Checked B+ voltage. It jumps to about 20V each time it clicks. then it drops back to zero.

Chassis and Monitor are all original.

I have a M3129DB (Rev. 6) chassis sitting next to me that is missing a diode at D12 for some reason. So I do have two separate chassis, both of which oddly exhibit the same problem (Clicking/No Heater Glow).
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

I am sooo ready to throw these chassis in the trash. I really hope the tube is ok. at this point, I have no idea....

I was offered two options:

1. HappMart is willing to sell me a Universal Dual Focus CGA chassis. would this be adequate enough to give me at least 15khz? I am hoping to at least alleviate this downtime...

2. Huai I wants $767 for a new junk tube and chassis!! So I think that is out of the question.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

so the 2nd chassis you got was brand new?
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Post by djsniperwolf »

grantspain wrote:so the 2nd chassis you got was brand new?
Hey Grant! I have been so busy with life and another cab I am getting going.

Anyways, the Chassis was assumed to be new. I guess the guy had it stored for sometime. Upon receipt, I noticed that there was a missing diode. This Diode has been replaced, and I am still getting consistent clicking. I do see a slight burn mark at IC1 if that would matter at all. I figure this chassis, being a newer revision, would be worth actually repairing.