Samsung monitor / Wei Ya Chassis

For monitor related issues
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Re: Samsung monitor / Wei Ya Chassis

Post by Asure »

djsniperwolf wrote:Here is a video of the issue.

https://youtu.be/jytib0rpHCk

Thanks!
From your video, and the replies in this topic, there appears to be neck glow, or what could be a short in the neck visible around the 0:10 sec mark in the video.
Going over what you posted, you may have gotten lied to by the original owner. "Yeah it was working fine then it suddenly turned off".
If i sell you a lightbulb which 'was working fine but suddenly turned off'.. well you get the idea. (Something is always working fine until it breaks.)

I would cut my losses at this point. You're going to end up spending a lot of time which equals money trying to get this going.
Plenty of options for crt's in Naomi/nnc. MS8, MS9, 29E31, Sanwa PFX, and so on. From my own experience, i try to stay away from 29E31 / Shanghai novel tubes :)
MS8/MS9 with the right bezel will be a great combo for a Jaomi.
djsniperwolf
Please Continue...

Re: Samsung monitor / Wei Ya Chassis

Post by djsniperwolf »

Asure wrote:
djsniperwolf wrote:Here is a video of the issue.

https://youtu.be/jytib0rpHCk

Thanks!
From your video, and the replies in this topic, there appears to be neck glow, or what could be a short in the neck visible around the 0:10 sec mark in the video.
Going over what you posted, you may have gotten lied to by the original owner. "Yeah it was working fine then it suddenly turned off".
If i sell you a lightbulb which 'was working fine but suddenly turned off'.. well you get the idea. (Something is always working fine until it breaks.)

I would cut my losses at this point. You're going to end up spending a lot of time which equals money trying to get this going.
Plenty of options for crt's in Naomi/nnc. MS8, MS9, 29E31, Sanwa PFX, and so on. From my own experience, i try to stay away from 29E31 / Shanghai novel tubes :)
MS8/MS9 with the right bezel will be a great combo for a Jaomi.
Unfortunately, there was no neck glow at all.. And yes, I agree with you. THe original owner clearly new the chassis was not working. Ugh.. THe time I spent on this is absolutely belwildering, my wife wants to kill me lol.. I would love to cut my losses, but it seems absolutely impossible to source any of those monitors here in the U.S. I have been on a constant search to try and get my hands on one.

So, quick question. WOuld you recommend that I just proceed with happmart in ordering a dual focus CGA chassis? I will most likely sell this Net-City as I have a friend who is selling his with the original Toshiba monitor intact. I just have to recouperate some of my losses on this headache ;) Thanks for helping me out.