LCD Repair help

For monitor related issues
Shadolf
eBay: 1984indigo
Initials: SDF

LCD Repair help

Post by Shadolf »

The LCD-monitor I need to repair is no arcademonitor, but I think they all work the same.
Its a 27" Samsung SyncMaster P2770.
The problem it has is screenflickering. At first I thougth it is just in the left upper corner, but I think it´s the whole screen, although seems to be stronger in that corner.
Somethimes its very strong and sometimes there is no flickering at all. The Image is clear with no distortion at all it just gets black for the part of a millisecond.
Sometimes just once and somethime a few times in a row with high frequency.
I don´t know about anything that could trigger this. When I switch it on, its seems to be stroner for the first 30min or something.
Is there a particular part/component I could exchange entirely or some measures/probes I could do to maybe find a defect capacitor or something?
Would be great when someone could point me in the right direction.
I don´t want to buy a new one, when I possibly can repair it.
invzim
eBay: prrole

Re: LCD Repair help

Post by invzim »

I would open it up and look for bulging capacitors.
I make and sell cool Arcade stuff, check out https://irkenlabs.com/ - In The Name of Science!
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

sounds like ccfl failing
Shadolf
eBay: 1984indigo
Initials: SDF

Post by Shadolf »

So I´ve done some measurement at the backlight inverter and it seems that indeed one of the ccfl´s has a problem. Could also be a bad tranformer, but I think it´s the ccfl.
Were can I get replacement parts?

EDIT: I think I don´t need parts anymore. Fu.ked it really up. Removed a ccfl to check it for visible flaws and after iremounted everything there is voltage at the frame and it make a buzzing noise. And it produces a lot of ozon, smells ugly. The remount was a f..king bulls..t.

Ok, I broke the ccfl. F............k! And I can´t find a replacment in the whle net, searching for hours.
Just read, there is mercury in those ccfl´s. Just perfect.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »