MS9 - Pincushion adjust for PGM?

For monitor related issues
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

MS9 - Pincushion adjust for PGM?

Post by Asure »

So, PGM 448x224 resolution needs pincushion adjusting )( --> ( ) on my MS9. Yet, without adjusting, things like Neo-Geo or Futari (320x224/240) look perfect.
It happens on both my MS9 setups, the pincushion needs increasing (it's bent inside) for Espgaluda. And only that game. Everything else looks perfect.
What's up with this? Anybody have similar experience with PGM / Single board PGM games like Galuda or Demon Front perhaps?
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Re: MS9 - Pincushion adjust for PGM?

Post by DaveyD »

Maybe there is slight pincushion on the lower res neo geo, but the gets exaggerated with the higher res of the pgm stuff. I'd try adjusting it so that it's right for the pgm and then see how it looks with the neogeo
beachut
Please Continue...

Post by beachut »

Hi,

Do you have a screenshot to show the phenomenon ? I play both MVS, STV, various PCBs and Galuda convert cart for PGM and haven't notice anything to worry with it... not to the point of needing to fix it in any case, so it should be barely noticeable.

Best,
Asure
eBay: asure_nl

Post by Asure »

I've accepted it's probably because of the tube not being 100% exact match. This chassis is running on an Orion tube from a PM1745 29".