Egret II Remote "brightness knob," replacement/repair.

For monitor related issues
supergrafx77
Please Continue...
eBay: supergrafx77

Egret II Remote "brightness knob," replacement/repair.

Post by supergrafx77 »

I've been putting this off for awhile, but need to get this thing fixed/or replaced. Looks like this should be a pretty easy enough fix, though?
My monitor is stuck on the brightest level/I think, due to the knob/thing on the remote/white plastic thing, having broke off the remote.
Been like this probably for a year/year an a half now....
Due to health reasons/lung problems, etc..., as well as the scarcity of the part in question/crude soldering skills, I can't & should not do the repair myself.
Anyone know the exact knob thing I need for replacement on these remotes/where to order? And someone here on the forums that could do such a repair?
Wish all four of the white lower knobs could be replaced with the sturdier black ones above those white ones-being the horizontal/vertical/zoom, etc.. knobs?
I've been noticing my burn-in getting worse a bit to a small degree, and think I should be lowering the brightness down a tad/should of asked about this **** like a year ago....
Here's the knob I'm talking about, top one of the four on the remote with the white turn-thingee missing:
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: Egret II Remote "brightness knob," replacement/repair.

Post by grantspain »

just replace that actual pot-all the smaller ones are 3k3 but 3k will do the job just fine
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DZ913-3K-OHM-Tr ... SwOVpXV8RY
supergrafx77
Please Continue...
eBay: supergrafx77

Re: Egret II Remote "brightness knob," replacement/repair.

Post by supergrafx77 »

grantspain wrote:just replace that actual pot-all the smaller ones are 3k3 but 3k will do the job just fine
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DZ913-3K-OHM-Tr ... SwOVpXV8RY
Thank you Grantspain! Just ordered them just now, via your link.
:awe: