Sega blast city HELP

For monitor related issues
giddygoon
Please Continue...
eBay: Giddygoon

Sega blast city HELP

Post by giddygoon »

Hi all,

I really need some help I bought a Sega Blast City without an tri sync monitor... Thinking that I could just drop in my Nanao MS9 29SU into the blast... I did get it mounted but the bezel cover does not fit so I'm now in the position of looking for a compatable replacement Mo at Videotronics UK has. Toshiba PF does these fit into a Blast city no probs? Will the Toshiba just mount as is?
Also I have been offered A Sanwa 29" ms31 I think that's what they are... Again any good

Also if one has good clean 29" monitor that will work with my blast city then PM a as I really want to get this sorted and I'm not sure how to move forward

Thanks for any help
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Sega blast city HELP

Post by nem »

giddygoon wrote:Toshiba PF does these fit into a Blast city no probs? Will the Toshiba just mount as is?
The PF has a flat screen, so no.
Also I have been offered A Sanwa 29" ms31 I think that's what they are... Again any good
There is no Sanwa MS-31. Either you're talking about the Sanwa 29E31S or the Nanao MS-2931. Lucky for you both will fit in a Blast just fine. Do keep in mind that while the 2931 is a trisync monitor, Sanwa is 31khz only.
giddygoon
Please Continue...

Post by giddygoon »

Thanks for the info.... It's now looking like the Sanwas are not available so I have the Toshiba PF option will it go in? With a gap around the bezel ?

Or there is VGA 29" crt from maximum tune will that work ??

Getting stuck for choices

Is the a way of installing my Nanao MS8 29 SU into a blast and getting a new bezel that fits neat?

Thanks again for any help
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

I'm not sure if it is a case of a gap or that the bezel won't fit at all.

I don't think there is another bezel for the Blast, it's just the one.

Also, if you do get a PF, it won't be a drop in replacement. You will need to alter the monitor harness.
giddygoon
Please Continue...

Post by giddygoon »

Well a Sega Naomi Virtaul Tennis cab came up on EBay which have bought just for the monitor its either a Sanwa or Nanao but it's 31khz

Great picture and no screen burn

Than should drop into the blast fine...

Getting it delivered next week , can't. Believe how hard buying a new monitor is these days
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Uhh, most Naomis will have a MS-2932 inside, which won't fit in a Blast.