Slight white glow from reds/whites/yellow on NEC XP-29+

For monitor related issues
kamex

Slight white glow from reds/whites/yellow on NEC XP-29+

Post by kamex »

I am running RGB on an NEC XP-29 Plus. The monitor seems barely used and is pretty close to perfect as far as color and sharpness go, save for reds whites and maybe yellow having a slight "glow" or glare to them when displayed on a dark screen, like a faint white cloud. I will try to get a picture if it will help, but I think my diagram shows it better than I could probably capture on photo.
monitor.PNG
I don't think I have noticed this issue with other colors, or at least not to this extent. Most of the time it isn't particularly obvious, but in certain parts of Mega Man X2 the life bar emits this, and the lava in world 2 in Donkey Kong Country 2 makes it rather apparent.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wurstkopp
Mister Dick Statue
eBay: nachmittagsprogramm
Initials: NIK

Re: Slight white glow from reds/whites/yellow on NEC XP-29+

Post by Wurstkopp »

Most broadcast monitors have pots to adjust the convergence. Presentation monitors like the NEC usually don't. Maybe inside is something to be found, haven't opened mine yet.
kamex

Post by kamex »

I will open it up and give it a look. It didn't strike me as a convergence issue, it reminded me more of the slight glow that high-contrast images can have against blacks on CRTs, but this seemed a bir more intense than I'm used to (then again, I am probably used to worn-out arcade monitors, lower quality arcade monitors, and old consumer TVs, lol).
Wurstkopp
Mister Dick Statue
eBay: nachmittagsprogramm
Initials: NIK

Post by Wurstkopp »

Maybe playing with the contrast settings will help?