Vewlix Screen Replacement - Best option?

For monitor related issues
Forum rules
ArcadeOtaku forum introduction & rules
lacanian

Re: Vewlix Screen Replacement - Best option?

Postby lacanian » February 28th, 2017, 8:31 am

This requires a bit of investigation.

- What Chinese model are you looking at?
- Are there manuals? Are the manuals in English?
- Are the mounting points and dimensions of the original monitor in the manual?
-- If not can you contact the manufacturer and ask?
- Have fun searching for a similar 1080p monitor with the right dimensions and mounting points
- Can you or do you need to take the bezel of the new 1080p monitor to get it to fit?
- Can you buy the same brand/size monitor that it comes with but 1080p and have it fitted by the manufacturer?

Let us know how you go!
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Re: Vewlix Screen Replacement - Best option?

Postby zumbito » February 28th, 2017, 9:39 am

lacanian wrote:This requires a bit of investigation.

- What Chinese model are you looking at?
- Are there manuals? Are the manuals in English?
- Are the mounting points and dimensions of the original monitor in the manual?
-- If not can you contact the manufacturer and ask?
- Have fun searching for a similar 1080p monitor with the right dimensions and mounting points
- Can you or do you need to take the bezel of the new 1080p monitor to get it to fit?
- Can you buy the same brand/size monitor that it comes with but 1080p and have it fitted by the manufacturer?

Let us know how you go!

Hahaha lots of questions!
- What Chinese model are you looking at? Just a Vewlix clone, didn't know there were models. I would assume there all come from the same factory, just different resellers.
- Are there manuals? Are the manuals in English? No manuals.
- Are the mounting points and dimensions of the original monitor in the manual? There is no manual, I just assume that if you are cloning a cab you will have the same mounting points.
-- If not can you contact the manufacturer and ask? Yup, I did, waiting for the answer.
- Have fun searching for a similar 1080p monitor with the right dimensions and mounting points. Well, I read Vewlix mount is VESA, not sure why clones would make it more difficult to replace the monitors. Don't think this manufacturers have the means to produce their own monitors so I would say they are following the standard, but will contact them.
- Can you or do you need to take the bezel of the new 1080p monitor to get it to fit? Full TV doesn't fit, of course will need to take the bezel out.
- Can you buy the same brand/size monitor that it comes with but 1080p and have it fitted by the manufacturer? Yes, there is an option at extra cost (haven't been able to tell me yet). Thing is I have the option to buy without monitor for half the price, so I think its a better option given the standard one just has VGA and 720p...

Return to “Monitor Q&A”