What causes screen burn, and what is dammaged?

For monitor related issues
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

What causes screen burn, and what is dammaged?

Post by Lordstar »

being both a) complete novice to how electrical things work and b) too lazy to really delve in and learn things from books and such im just curious about screen burn? Now I know its when an image which keeps pop'n up (say a title screen) burns itself in to the monitor but what and where is it burning itself in too? Can that item be replaced or fixed? am I really that stupid to be asking these questions?

All this and more coming up next
New ketsui tee avaliable for sale here http://tinyurl.com/5t8yrjr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.karoshidrop.com its a work in progress
grantspain
Tech Head

Re: What causes screen burn, and what is dammaged?

Post by grantspain »

screen burn is caused when a static image is displayed on the screen for too long or too often,many manufacturers sorted this issue by changing the way the demo screens worked
sega are one of the main culprits for screen burn because they tended to leave the "insert coin" and sega logo on for far too long
there is no way to cure this other than installing a new tube
poolchamp

Post by poolchamp »

Also neo mvs were were as bad, but alais no fixing the screen burn.
Lordstar
Vinyl Pusher
eBay: N/A

Post by Lordstar »

poolchamp wrote:Also neo mvs were were as bad, but alais no fixing the screen burn.
ony on the level and credits. I had a dedicated MVS cabinet and it was getting on 20 years old and thats the only places it had the burn. *Sigh* that machine was a beauty :cry: I dont know why I ever got rid of it. oh yeah I needed the cash :lol:
New ketsui tee avaliable for sale here http://tinyurl.com/5t8yrjr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.karoshidrop.com its a work in progress