Wire VGA to Nanao MS9

For monitor related issues
Sp33dFr34k
eBay: 3d_collector

Wire VGA to Nanao MS9

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Okay, so I simply want to wire VGA to a Nanao MS9 monitor which currently only accepts RGB via the jamma loom.

Which steps did I take:

1. Simply wire RGB, ground, sync (h sync) like follows (http://imgur.com/10lT2UR)
2. Tested system: Naomi. Vsync won't stabilize
3. I noticed the CN101 header on the MS9 chassis has a marking for v (vertical sync), just not wired, so I wired it (http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/4/48 ... ispots.jpg)
4. Vsync is stable now, just the horizontal image is split in half, the hhold15 pot on the chassis has no effect.

Currently result looks like this below, any ideas?? Should I use a sync combiner or the alike to wire hv to c sync?

Rossyra
Supermod

Re: Wire VGA to Nanao MS9

Post by Rossyra »

that looks like your Naomi is still set to 31k, have you switched DIP 1?
Sp33dFr34k

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Damn this is weird, I didn't have all other switches set to off as I'm using a multi region bios, now it does seem to work...! :)

EDIT: definitely something fishy with the dips, can't even reproduce the issue now, but hey it works so I'm happy, thanks for the suggestion.

To anyone who might want to wire up VGA to their MS9, it's doable to wire vsync to CN101 on the chassis. The header on the chassis is JST EH.

Result looks like this, it's a passthrough, so jamma still works and I don't have to (dis)connect anything when switching to/from jamma/vga.

GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Couldnt you just use a JVS to Jamma Adapter.?
What are the advantages to this. You say its like a pass through which I can see that based on how its wired.
Are you using it to capture RGB off your cabinets Jamma harness if so thats awsome i been wanting to setup a way to stream from my cabinet LOL?

Still nice to know its working for you now. I too have a Multi Region bios so ill have to keep a look out if I ever have this problem lol
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
Sp33dFr34k

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

I don't find the JVS to jamma adapters easy to use plus they are not cheap.

No, I am not using it to capture RGB, but to have VGA input to my chassis (from a Naomi mainly). But making a passthrough to capture the RGB signals would also be pretty easy to make this way.

Now I have a fully JVS compatible New Astro City, and I don't need to plug an extra adapter in anywhere.

- Power: NVS4000 PSU
- Audio: NVS4000 PSU
- Controls: Wired passhtrough to a JVS V1 IO
- Video: VGA passthrough

Playing jamma games is the same as usual, playing JVS games (15khz only) means plugging in the USB cable to the JVS IO, the audio cable to the NVS4000 and the VGA cable that's hanging from the passthrough inside the cabinet, that's it :)
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Post by GeekMan1222 »

An nvs4000 you lucky dog i would love one of those!! but yeah that was the other reason i thought. I only have one jvs system which is my naomi so i have a sega jvs jamma converter on a wood board with my naomi and an atx supply for power tucked up in the back of my NAC
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
Sp33dFr34k

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

Just put a wanted ad on here, that's how I found mine :)

I also had a setup like yours, but I found it kind of annoying having the ATX PSU permanently in there and having to tuck the Capcom IO in there somewhere, looked very messy and a too tight fit. I just put the Naomi down on top of the PSU now and hook the cables up from there, much easier and clean looking :)