New Net City Jamma problems

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

New Net City Jamma problems

Post by radiantsvgun »

I have a Riverservice Jamma harness installed in my New Net City. Everything works fine except PGM and Cave boards. If I have the test and service connected, the boards act like the test button is always pressed. No other boards have this problem. Any ideas what causes this or a solution?
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Re: New Net City Jamma problems

Post by zumbito »

No idea. What I can tell you is the NNCs I had never had these wired for jamma, but never used them so didn't know. Would be interested to know why.
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...

Post by radiantsvgun »

zumbito wrote:No idea. What I can tell you is the NNCs I had never had these wired for jamma, but never used them so didn't know. Would be interested to know why.
It's very odd. Any PGM or cave running on PGM will go straight to test mode. I've tested the other boards I own, and no problems. Since I am going to leave the monitor vertical, I have just disabled test/service for now.
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

I've experienced something similar. When I boot a game using my Sega I/O, I get credit that randomly inserts in the beginning. This is most likely due to the fact that two of the ground connections have a button wired to them. This is due to the harness being made for a Pandora box and that utilizes some unused ground pins for button 6 rather than an extra harness. So maybe something is tripping there. I have not disconnected them to see if I could fix the issue though as it has not been a huge issue for me.
radiantsvgun
Please Continue...

Post by radiantsvgun »

I wanted to follow up with this as I located the problem. I had to fully disconnect the sega I/O. Once I did that, everything works perfectly.