Mini Cute issues.

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
ozzieowl
Please Continue...
eBay: ozzie_owl

Mini Cute issues.

Post by ozzieowl »

I've got a couple of issues with my Mini Cute that I'd to get sorted.

Firstly the coin mech doesn't work so I have to open the cab each time I play on it and manually add credits.

Secondly I can't open the coin box. I have got 2 keys for the cab but neither open the coin box.

Any help advice would be appreciated. :thumbup:
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Re: Mini Cute issues.

Post by zumbito »

Coin box thing seems a staple with candy cabs, they are always unique number and are normally lost, the only solution is drilling or picking the lock and changing. BTW, does the minicute use a master key such as Sega 5575 or 5380? How is it?
GeekMan1222
Please Continue...
eBay: geekman2005

Post by GeekMan1222 »

Yeah your gonna have to drill that thing out sadly less you find a matching serial or have a lock smith pop it open :cry:

You probably know this but alot of boards have a Free Play option. Unless you want to drop coin in. Which is fun every once in awhile.

What kind of coin mech is it, does it jam or just not register a coin going through to the bucket area?
1x New Astro City, 1x Madonna, 1x G-Balance
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Post by Hellfromabove »

zumbito wrote:BTW, does the minicute use a master key such as Sega 5575 or 5380? How is it?
Tubular locks.

When I can't open a door and don't have the keys, I usually just crowbar it open. Worst cab I had to use a crowbar on was probably a Landing High Japan, the rear door just did not want to pop off lol. The metal on the doors are pretty sturdy and haven't bent for me thus far. However, the hinge on the lock is usually not very tough and bends easily. I usually unscrew the barrel lock then and replace it or get the lock rekeyed and bend the hinge back. Crowbar + hammer = best friends :awe: .

I would not suggest doing this to a Cute though unless it's in bad shape. Usually, the coin door area on these is pretty immaculate since it's on the inside and thus not banged and bruised like normal external doors.
Last edited by Hellfromabove on July 30th, 2017, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

You can get really cheap lock pics for tubular locks from ebay. Youtube will show you how to open them.
Up the Irons!
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

About the coin mech.

Is it wired up? If it is, does the wired switch operate - does the switch have it's wire actuator fitted (the passing coins hit this).

My Mech works, but I run another set of wires into the back of the coin return and put a button just sitting in there. - Although I do set most of my boards to free play.
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

Hellfromabove wrote:
zumbito wrote:BTW, does the minicute use a master key such as Sega 5575 or 5380? How is it?
Tubular locks.

When I can't open a door and don't have the keys, I usually just crowbar it open. Worst cab I had to use a crowbar on was probably a Landing High Japan, the rear door just did not want to pop off lol. The metal on the doors are pretty sturdy and haven't bent for me thus far. However, the hinge on the lock is usually not very tough and bends easily. I usually unscrew the barrel lock then and replace it or get the lock rekeyed and bend the hinge back. Crowbar + hammer = best friends :awe: .

I would not suggest doing this to a Cute though unless it's in bad shape. Usually, the coin door area on these is pretty immaculate since it's on the inside and thus not banged and bruised like normal external doors.
Yup tubular locks, but do they have a specific number to look for. I don't have the master key and while the coin box is a lost cause, I might be able to find the master key.
KmanSweden
KmanSweden
eBay: KmanSweden
Initials: PKK

Post by KmanSweden »

Have you checked so the key isn't haning inside the front/controlpanel?
Up the Irons!