Use Daytona USA cab with other boards?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
stmg
Please Continue...

Use Daytona USA cab with other boards?

Post by stmg »

Hi all,

I was Just wondering if any other SEGA game boards (model 3, NAOMI, chihiro, etc.) could be usable in this cabinet! Looking inside, the model 2 IO board looks similar to what's on the NAOMI, It got me curious.

Perhaps even I could use a model 3 inside this cabinet? Would love to run Daytona 2, scud race, etc on this thing.
FOR WILD GUYS & CUTE GIRLS!!
GET INTO THE EUROBEAT ECSTASY
& FIRE THE HI-TENSION VIBE!!
SUPER BASS SOUND WILL MAKE YOU
THE PRISONER OF DANCE!!
nem
Needs a custom rank

Re: Use Daytona USA cab with other boards?

Post by nem »

Getting force feedback to work is the issue. Daytona USA and Sega Rally both use the older dashboard with the twin belt driven system, everything else (I think?) works with one belt and motor.

However, later dashboards are easily available and use the same mounting points. Grab yourself one, and then it's just a matter of finding out what FF boards support what games. Hopefully someone who's more in the know can chime in.

Wiring steering, pedals and gear shifters is super easy. Model 3 and Naomi need a 3.3V rail, Naomi needs a JVS IO.
stmg
Please Continue...

Post by stmg »

Thanks for the info! Although, is a FF board needed to boot a game? The Daytona my buddy owns that I have been repairing, it's FF doesn't seem to be active in game, although I do hear it upon bootup. I'm not familiar with the DIP settings for the FF since the manual is rather not very descriptive.

I ask this in hopes in figuring the issue out with the old Daytona FF system, and if it's necessary for the older games to boot.
FOR WILD GUYS & CUTE GIRLS!!
GET INTO THE EUROBEAT ECSTASY
& FIRE THE HI-TENSION VIBE!!
SUPER BASS SOUND WILL MAKE YOU
THE PRISONER OF DANCE!!
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Model 2 / 3 boots without FF. No idea if there's later checks in the game. Probably not?