Astrocity, New Astro City, Tube Differences?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
retrogamer593
Please Continue...

Astrocity, New Astro City, Tube Differences?

Post by retrogamer593 »

Hi. Just some quick questions out of curiosity.
My Astro City has a A68KJU96X​ Toshiba. Is this the original tube that comes with the MS8-29 chassi?
Has the New Astro City the same kind of tube, but with the MS9 chassis instead ?
I think the Egret 2 also has a A68KJU96X​, according to some sources I've found via Google.
The term nanao monitor always means the chassis itself, or is there also something like a nanao tube ?

Thank you :)
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Re: Astrocity, New Astro City, Tube Differences?

Post by copados33 »

Yes, Toshiba A68KJU96X is the original tube for the Astro/NEw Astro, both tubes are the same, MS8 and MS9's use that same tube with only a slightly difference in the yoke, theres no such thing as a "Nanao" tube afaik.
retrogamer593
Please Continue...

Post by retrogamer593 »

thx
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

copados33 wrote:Yes, Toshiba A68KJU96X is the original tube for the Astro/NEw Astro, both tubes are the same, MS8 and MS9's use that same tube with only a slightly difference in the yoke, theres no such thing as a "Nanao" tube afaik.
Can you swapp one for another? I want to bring a MS8 home to play with it, but I only have a MS9 tube here, can I use it to test the chassis?
copados33
Please Continue...
eBay: psycho-q

Post by copados33 »

zumbito wrote:
copados33 wrote:Yes, Toshiba A68KJU96X is the original tube for the Astro/NEw Astro, both tubes are the same, MS8 and MS9's use that same tube with only a slightly difference in the yoke, theres no such thing as a "Nanao" tube afaik.
Can you swapp one for another? I want to bring a MS8 home to play with it, but I only have a MS9 tube here, can I use it to test the chassis?
MS8-29 chassis on a MS9 tube? yes, it works.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

vertical deflection coil header is smaller gauge on ms9
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Post by zumbito »

copados33 wrote:
zumbito wrote:
MS8-29 chassis on a MS9 tube? yes, it works.
Thanks!
grantspain wrote:vertical deflection coil header is smaller gauge on ms9
Does it suppose any danger for the chasis or tube? I want to recap the ms8 and will need a tube to test if I did it right.
grantspain
Tech Head

Post by grantspain »

tube yoke combination work just fine- you just need to make an adapter so you can match the connectors