Anyone Know the Paint Code for Naomi

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
LegoYoda
eBay: neomonster
Initials: AGD

Anyone Know the Paint Code for Naomi

Post by LegoYoda »

Hi all,

I've got a Naomi to bring back to glory (currently suffering fro surface rust and a lot of paint chips. Any idea what the Paint colour code for the metal parts is? Visually i'm guessing at RAL-9010 (pure White) but I've seen some threads mention RAL-9002 (Grey white) but, on my monitor... that looks well off...

If anyone has done it before and knows... that would be awesome!
Alec
----------------------------------------
Owning a Blast City: Fixing and Repairing -http://retrogamingstuff.wordpress.com/
zumbito
eBay: jaime5171

Re: Anyone Know the Paint Code for Naomi

Post by zumbito »

I used RAL 9002, and worked OK for me. It is better you use a real color guide against the frame rather than your monitor to choose the exact code. Take a door to the paint shop or ask to borrow their color catalog.
LegoYoda
eBay: neomonster
Initials: AGD

Post by LegoYoda »

zumbito wrote:I used RAL 9002, and worked OK for me. It is better you use a real color guide against the frame rather than your monitor to choose the exact code. Take a door to the paint shop or ask to borrow their color catalog.

Thanks, Stupidly enough I didn't even think oif taking a pannel off for someone to match against.... The simplest solutions eh?
Alec
----------------------------------------
Owning a Blast City: Fixing and Repairing -http://retrogamingstuff.wordpress.com/
DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Post by DaveyD »

I'm sure ive read in the past that the UK naomis are a different shade of white to the japanese Net City / New Net city?

I used to have a japanese Net City, and had the doors powdercoated in RAL 9002 same as astro city, and it was a good colour match