Tomorrow the big day!

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Yamazaki
eBay: nippon-net_de

Tomorrow the big day!

Post by Yamazaki »

Driving 4 hours to Holland to pick up my Sega Blast City :D

what are the main things that I should know or look out for before hooking it up at home?

Is there a Newb-Guide to cabs here on the site?

Probably ^^
Hellfromabove
Please Continue...

Re: Tomorrow the big day!

Post by Hellfromabove »

Congrats bro, happy to hear that it's going to be getting a good home. Were you bringing a truck or trailer to haul it away in or were you going to throw it in the back of your car? If you've got a truck or a trailer, you should be fine. If you're throwing it in the back of an SUV or Van, you might have to take off the CP first to make it fit. The blast is one of the bulkier cabs.

Do you know the condition of the cab currently? Have you seen pics of the insides or seen a game boot on the monitor attached? If not, first thing is check the wiring and harness and make sure everything seems okay. Last thing you want is to blow your PSU or fry your board due to faulty wiring. Had a Madonna I purchased about 8 months ago. Opened it up and saw that it was more terminal caps than wiring in there. Someone down the line just kept cutting and using those things. Stripped out the entire wiring and redid it. Also, had a Neo cab that had gotten a coin stuck inside the PSU while I was bringing it to my house. Plugged it in and flipped the switch just to hear a loud pop. Blew the PSU :cry: .

Other than wiring, I'd say just adjusting the display on the monitor if it is giving you issues.
Johnnychaos
eBay: Keyamon

Post by Johnnychaos »

Dont blasts have 2 power switches? Thats something that's good to know before you spend ages wondering why it's not working
nem
Needs a custom rank

Post by nem »

Johnnychaos wrote:Dont blasts have 2 power switches? Thats something that's good to know before you spend ages wondering why it's not working
Technically there's three. One at the back of the PSU, one inside the control panel and then there's the one in the PCB door. So if you have your door off and it's not turning on, there's your answer.
LegoYoda
eBay: neomonster
Initials: AGD

Post by LegoYoda »

Welcome to the blast City family :) So things you probabably ought to know.

It's got TWO power switches AND a Kill switch.
- One Switch on the back where you plug it in (obvious)
- One switch inside the control panel
- A kill switch at the top of the main door (where you put the game). If the door is open the blast will not turn on. If it's on and you open the door, it'll kill the power. Catches everyone out as you generally test with the board out of the case the first time (which wont work)

If you've never done it before dont get the monitor out on your own. Blasts are really tight around the frame. Not much rom for manoovering fingers if not done before!

Some blasts are JAMMA, some are JVS and, if you're lucky some are both. IF you have the wiring with the JAMMA connector as well as RCA cables, AMP UP poower connectors etc then you have the "001 loom" and are lucky.

If it comes with a 2930 monitor it's Tri sync but NOT autoswitching (some come with 2931 and are). if you plug something in and it's out of sync check the "hard to see" dip switches under the control panel, next to the monitor controls, top right. they control the input (VGA or connector and mode 15Khz, 24Khz, 31Khz). See my blog post here https://retrogamingstuff.wordpress.com/ ... e-2-fixed/ as I fell foul of the DIP not quite working well and got confused. (DIP settings are on the board but obscured, this post has a pic of the board and settings).

Last thing I can think of. Blasts have a AMP for line level inputs. Start with the vol down ;)
Alec
----------------------------------------
Owning a Blast City: Fixing and Repairing -http://retrogamingstuff.wordpress.com/
Yamazaki
eBay: nippon-net_de

Post by Yamazaki »

THanks a lot guys!

Just placed it in my room minutes ago.

@LegoYoda

haha yeah - thanks for the info - I was shocked and thought the Blast is dead on arrival since I let the door open xD
LegoYoda
eBay: neomonster
Initials: AGD

Post by LegoYoda »

Yamazaki wrote:THanks a lot guys!

haha yeah - thanks for the info - I was shocked and thought the Blast is dead on arrival since I let the door open xD
you and every other blast owner... ever... :awe: :D
Alec
----------------------------------------
Owning a Blast City: Fixing and Repairing -http://retrogamingstuff.wordpress.com/